Shenmue Scrolls Skyrim Mod - Development Blog

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue HD Map Recreation - Development Blog

Postby ReeceKun » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Last edited by ReeceKun on Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:31 am, edited 15 times in total.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Great work!

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: ReeceKun
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Ever wondered what kind of underwear Ryo wears ?

I was tempted to go for a traditional fundoshi/loincloth but it was the early 1980s and Boxers in Japan became all the rage.
Last edited by ReeceKun on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 24 times in total.

ReeceKun has received 3 thanks from: Anthony817, Fenix, RIKENZ
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: SHENMUE SCROLLS (Development Blog) SKYRIM MOD

Postby iyapol » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Any update on this? Looking awesome. Can't wait to see the final product.

iyapol has received a thanks from: ReeceKun
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue Scrolls Skyrim Mod - Development Blog

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Back in production, please forgive the deleted posts the information is outdated or obsolete and a few basic ideas for this mod have changed. I find it helps to externalize my thoughts via a blog diary as I often get conflicted about what should be changed about the environment since this will be an Open-World game space.

I did intend to restart sooner but I decided to wait for Skyrim ' Remastered' which was an utter waste of time since there is nothing new or special about modding it (I'd hoped for some Fallout4 type updates) So this mod will be for the Original Skyrim Release

Last time when I started this project I started with the Hazuki House and started working my way down, my first conflict being that the building exteriors were too small for the interiors (Ryo's house being the most standout area) and I do want to create more house interiors. This Time Ive started at SEA LEVEL with the DOCKS and since the Interiors and Exteriors are basically the same there is no Issue.

When it comes to the road connecting the DOCKS and DOBUITA with 'Wish Road' I expected it to be quite seamless and thought that Dobuita just connected to the end of where the 'Race to the Docks to save Nozomi begins'. but looking at the journey home I realized that Ryo makes a few turns and I struggled to find how they connected.

Then eventually I realized that the race to the docks and the love song home ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MAPS!! The Journey home also is FULL of Hollywood Green Screenery in which Ryos bike bounces all around the map to show different cinematic shots.

The messed up map in the bottom right of the picture shows the Bike Journey Home from The Dock Gates to the Entirely different tunnel that Ryo came out of (and yes there is a second roads that goes into a tunnel above but this isn't that either)

Also I wonder if you have noticed that Ryo gets on and off the bus on the same side of the street, this can only mean that there is a ring road at the docks and Dobuita for this Bus Service. :) Its unlikely that I will ever make 'Wish Road' a free roam area but It should be possible for me to show the entire length of a bus ride in game and also add other moving cars.

Ultimately I will combine both of the maps, but just to be extra OCD about it I will make sure that the mountains and the sea are in the right places, my main focus now is to import the Docks into Skyrim
Last edited by ReeceKun on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ReeceKun has received 3 thanks from: shengoro86, Switch, Yokosuka
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Reecekun do you need help hacking the maps to see everything? I have 2 solutions for free roaming wish road, one being a simple ECAM swap and the other being some files given to me by Wude that hack the timer to shut it off via artmoney tables. I can send them to you if needed.

I am pretty sure you are right on the ring road as that seems correct but I dont think it is modeled anywhere in the maps.

Also, fantastic job!!!!
Last edited by shengoro86 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: ReeceKun
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Keep up the great work, Reece-sama.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:47 pm

shengoro86 wrote: Reecekun do you need help hacking the maps to see everything? I have 2 solutions for free roaming wish road, one being a simple ECAM swap and the other being some files given to me by Wude that hack the timer to shut it off via artmoney tables. I can send them to you if needed.

I am pretty sure you are right on the ring road as that seems correct but I dont think it is modeled anywhere in the maps.

Also, fantastic job!!!!

I have the exploration disk to explore the wish road Race To Docks (Disk 3 FBGG) which will help when it comes to fixing textures. The Ride home is (Disk 3 NBIK) which i call NozRoad :)

It shows where an un-modeled ring road 'would be' if it existed, and evidence of the Bike Teleporting around the map for camera shots.

It would be useful to be able to walk around this map but its not essential to fix this jigsaw

Ignore the Note about a Building supplies Yard its actually 'New WareHouse#8' from the back entrance

Here you can see the differences in the maps lol

These maps will rise from the ashes and live again !
Last edited by ReeceKun on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Working on the Docks, Extended area for US Navy Area

New Textures

I don't intend to get too fancy with textures I'm keeping everything at 512x512 but even when the projects complete it's simple to just replace the textures with more detailed ones.

No Crane Rails ?

I always look at the realism of the map and I have an issue with these static cranes , it goes forward and back and up and down but not side to side , I find it highly unlikely that they get the ship to move back and forth to load and unload these shipping containers. So I am tempted to remove the containers on the ground and put in some rails

EDIT: I've done some calculations on the shipping containers and the scale of the GTAV cranes and basically the Shenmue cranes are far too small. Ironically when I compared the interior and exterior of Ryos house the interior was 40% larger and so I decided to make the exterior environment bigger to match and now after these completely different comparisons when changing the scale of the Shenmue Cranes VS GTAV cranes so the supports are alligned the GTAV cranes were 40% bigger. So now it shall be set in stone this mod will have 40% bigger landmass than the original. And keeping the warehouses at the original scale I will now have enough room to add crane rails.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ReeceKun » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:22 am

Just a little update today
Figured out collision for the maps, now need to rebuild and update textures. Even with this basic texture it looks pretty cool walking around in 1st person. Will do some serious updates and post an ingame video soonish
EDIT:
Here's a sneak peak of Soba V2.0
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Community Projects