3d modeled and printed Shenmue iphone case! would you buy?

(Modding and other series related projects)

3d modeled and printed Shenmue iphone case! would you buy?

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Hey dojo! I am a 3d modeler with a Degree in Video game art, and a super Shenmue fan. I have been working on some projects such as 3d printed phoenix and dragon mirrors sculpted in zbrush (almost finished) and this iphone 5/5s phone case! I am just about finished with the model and was wondering if anyone would buy it if i sold it on ebay? I will be doing a test print this week of the model. It should fit like a glove on the iphone, but a test print with photos would be nice. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested and I should print some to put up for sale. also if you have any ideas of what I can model and sell "shenmue or video game related" please Ideas would be nice :)

Please watch the video below it shows the model and how it will look in its final form.

https://youtu.be/1kCk6xQyM68

phpBB [video]
Ryo_Hazuki--san
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: 3d modeled and printed Shenmue iphone case! would you bu

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:31 pm

I dont own an Iphone but I am interested in 3D Printing & Scanning
Im wondering how you got the dimensions for the Iphone to start with , 3D scanner?
Im not sure this design itself is ergonomically good , I can imagine bits of food n fluff falling into the lettering cutout, when a sticker might be a better option.

Personally I'd love some Shenmue action figures or 'Mirrors' but then there is the trademark & copywright issues..
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:53 pm

yea i will be doing a test print this week and a durability test for about a week is should be good and super tight no food would get in there i hope lol... also i know about the trademark and all that stuff but i usually create models for personal use but wanted create something for fans of the series.
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't buy it. Not because it looks ugly which is not the case. Just because this merchandise is not from sega or at least Yu's team.
I doubt you have the rights to sell shenmue merchandise and I would recommend not to sell it. Many laywers just waiting for this kind of stuff appears on ebay.
I remember a german seller on ebay who sold N64 game cases with different Nintendo mascots on it. He got a letter from a laywer (from a merchandise company which have the rights to sell nintendo merchandise) and at the end he paid several thousand euros to the company and/or nintendo.

also i know about the trademark and all that stuff but i usually create models for personal use but wanted create something for fans of the series.

So why don't you provide the data for free?
Shenmue_Trilogy

Return to Community Projects