New Unused Models

(Modding and other series related projects)

New Unused Models

Postby Mestre Ziming » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi all, Its been I long time since I posted here, I have been playing a little with Shenmue 2 and found some interesting unused models.

The first is an unused character, and while shenmue 2 have alot of them like I showed in the past, we can agree that this one was supposed to make a major role in the game, her profile can still be seen in Shenmue Goodies.
The funny thing is seems like they messed up with its code, so in HTML the code says 'SYI' but in game its 'YSI', no wonder we never found it before. I pretty confident its the same character, if not by the similarity of the code to the cothing and hair style.

Second model its the original Joy's bike, it was supposed to have the Honda's longo printed, probably not making it due to licensing issues.

Now some funny textures, first are some unused buidlings names in kowloon, they read 'White Snake Bldg.' and 'White Phenix Bldg.'
The second its a map from Shenmue I of the harbor, they intended for us to use one like in Shenmue 2 and I actualy belive its still in game code and can be unlocked...

Mestre Ziming
Master of the Three Blades

Re: New Unused Models

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 pm

I know how to charcter swap her but How did you load her into the blank background ?
I assume its a modified mapinfo.bin
Last edited by ReeceKun on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Great finds! I haven't seen any of them before. Is that Honda logo just the logo itself or a full different body texture for the bike? And where did you find that harbor map? In Shenmue II aswell, like the other textures or is this one from Shenmue actually?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Oh wow Mestre Ziming, welcome back!

I wonder if they are characters that are sspposed to be in Bailu Village. The old man to the right of her looks like the old man from the original images that we have had for years.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:12 am

BlueMue wrote: And where did you find that harbor map? In Shenmue II aswell, like the other textures or is this one from Shenmue actually?

It can be found in :
Shenmue 1/ Disc 2 /Scene/ 02 /MFSY - NAVIMAP.SPR_PVR#02 (Sprite 1 is a red dot)
(Image Flipped + Alpha layer removed)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:35 am

good to see you again, and great finds.

are there any hints as to where the white snake and white phoenix buildings would have been located in kowloon?

and can the harbour map also be found in the japanese version?
thank you
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:31 am

Great stuff, especially the unused lady in S2 - I remember the joint effort to hunt for those models back in the day, great to finally see her uncovered :D
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Giorgio » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:23 pm

(I double checked to see if the thread's date is really in 2016.) These are great finds, especially the ones about the unused models.

As for the map of the harbour, I have seen in the 1ST_READ.BIN a reference of it. Therefore, I believe, too, that the code is there. I guess the code just needs a patch in order to flow from the subroutine of it.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Peter wrote: Oh wow Mestre Ziming, welcome back!

I wonder if they are characters that are sspposed to be in Bailu Village. The old man to the right of her looks like the old man from the original images that we have had for years.

Yep, in fact this was how we found his model in the final Shenmue II - seen in this topic, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=756&start=60
...though the images have now been lost - does anyone still have those somewhere? Or Mestre, would you be able to show us using the same method? The file name for him was OSY.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Miles Prower wrote:
Peter wrote: Oh wow Mestre Ziming, welcome back!

Yep, in fact this was how we found his model in the final Shenmue II - seen in this topic, http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 6&start=60
...though the images have now been lost - does anyone still have those somewhere? Or Mestre, would you be able to show us using the same method? The file name for him was OSY.

Great finds and welcome back!!!!!
Your work has been a huge inspiration to me MZ!

I think these models are from the cut content of Shenmue 2 and not Bailu Village. Who knows?

Miles: I have in game footage of OSY in my video here:
phpBB [video]

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Mestre Ziming » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Its possible she was a Guilin character, I think most people dont notice it but pieces of maps and characters from the original Miao village are still used in game.
The first floors from the Yellow Head bulding are using pieces from it, the walls, hell, etc,
the flash back with Xiuying is also happening in a reused house from Miao village.

BlueMue wrote: Great finds! I haven't seen any of them before.
Is that Honda logo just the logo itself or a full different body texture for the bike?

The full model of the bike its still on disc, not only textures, i think in the back u can still see wihch Honda model is it, but apart from it everything is the same.

Miles Prower wrote:Great stuff, especially the unused lady in S2 - I remember the joint effort to hunt for those models back in the day, great to finally see her uncovered

shengoro86 wrote:
Your work has been a huge inspiration to me MZ!
I think these models are from the cut content of Shenmue 2 and not Bailu Village. Who knows?

Thank you, its cool still see people doing it. There's actually much more unused charactes,
I just happen to find this character by chance, just found it strange for her to have such a detail in its model, she sure played a bigger role, then a made the connection with the shenmue goodies.

ReeceKun wrote: I know how to charcter swap her but How did you load her into the blank background ?
I assume its a modified mapinfo.bin

I'm working on something, I may have a surprise later :)
Mestre Ziming

Postby ReeceKun » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Mestre Ziming wrote:
I'm working on something, I may have a surprise later :)

You can load characters and objects by replacing capsule toys.
I dont like 'surprises' I like Information and the free exchange and evolution of ideas

ReeceKun has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mestre Ziming » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:54 pm

ReeceKun wrote:You can load characters and objects by replacing capsule toys.
I dont like 'surprises' I like Information and the free exchange and evolution of ideas

Really? So what do you want to exchange with me? besides swaping models with capsule toys that is...
Look, I dont want to sound like a prick, but if I said later its because I dont have anything to share now, sorry, I think your sentence its unecessary... besides I already shared alot of information to the community in the past too...
Mestre Ziming

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:48 am

Mestre Ziming wrote:
Really? So what do you want to exchange with me? besides swaping models with capsule toys that is...
Look, I dont want to sound like a prick, but if I said later its because I dont have anything to share now, sorry, I think your sentence its unecessary... besides I already shared alot of information to the community in the past too...

I asked a question , and you ignored it.
Instead of just explaining how you loaded a character from the HUMANS.afs into a blank level using the same method as I have discovered by help from Giorgio for Shenmue 1 as he is the only one who cared enough to help.

By simply saying things like 'I wonder if its possible to etc etc' it can give other people ideas and something that starts simply evolves into something cool , by not sharing those thoughts it can stunt the growth of shenmue modding.
I dont have the technical knowlege but in my time I've had some theoretical ideas that have helped others create real tools (TRLE Community) I asked DrkRaziel to make the stereoscopic plugin for NullDC.
In the Shenmue Modding Information we have this little note:
"For more info, please see the secret Bike Mod page, if you have access ;) "

I imagine if their had been a clear database of shenmue modding information from the start we would be futher along by now, and if SiZiOUS hadnt shared his knowlege we wouldnt be anywhere.

I'm sure you have done great things for the shenmue modding community that I have benefitted from but I'm not here to kiss peoples asses, ride peoples coattails or claim anykind of Shenmue Modding Glory, I'm not trying to shame people or be a prick or make people sound like pricks BUT Its been 10 years its time for people to grow up and put their cards on the f**king table, for the sake of the entire shenmue community and future fanbase.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:32 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
Mestre Ziming wrote:

I asked a question , and you ignored it.
Instead of just explaining how you loaded a character from the HUMANS.afs into a blank level using the same method as I have discovered by help from Giorgio for Shenmue 1 as he is the only one who cared enough to help.

By simply saying things like 'I wonder if its possible to etc etc' it can give other people ideas and something that starts simply evolves into something cool , by not sharing those thoughts it can stunt the growth of shenmue modding.
I dont have the technical knowlege but in my time I've had some theoretical ideas that have helped others create real tools (TRLE Community) I asked DrkRaziel to make the stereoscopic plugin for NullDC.
In the Shenmue Modding Information we have this little note:
"For more info, please see the secret Bike Mod page, if you have access ;) "

I imagine if their had been a clear database of shenmue modding information from the start we would be futher along by now, and if SiZiOUS hadnt shared his knowlege we wouldnt be anywhere.

I'm sure you have done great things for the shenmue modding community that I have benefitted from but I'm not here to kiss peoples asses, ride peoples coattails or claim anykind of Shenmue Modding Glory, I'm not trying to shame people or be a prick or make people sound like pricks BUT Its been 10 years its time for people to grow up and put their cards on the f**king table, for the sake of the entire shenmue community and future fanbase.

guys guys GUYS calm the heck down.

I am sure MZ didn't mean anything bad. No need to explode. Let's all relax and enjoy the fact that a founding member of the modding community decided to come back and say hello.

@MZ, I am going to modify the humans pointers to put her into the game to check it out. Thank you!!!

By the way, while you were gone, some of us here made a mod site with a lot of information collected. Feel free to check it out!

https://sites.google.com/site/shenmuemods/

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: ReeceKun
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Next

Return to Community Projects