Shenmue Wiki

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue Wiki

Postby Abraham_1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi

This is my first post; however, I have been a fan of the series for a long time.

I was replaying through the games, trying to explore as much as I could. This really shines through in Shenmue 2, especially in Kowloon, where there is so much to explore. I wanted a comprehensive list of locations and went on Shenmue Wiki, since Wiki is the platform which helps me with virtually any game I need information for. Much to my surprise, however, the Wiki for locations was not as fleshed out as I imagined. In fact, Shenmue Wiki is not very fleshed out as a whole, at least not as much as other game series such as Ace Attorney Wiki, Xenoblade Wiki or GTA Wiki, which basically milk the games for all their worth.

Now, I do not blame those who post on the Wiki since I am sure they work hard, I just don't think there's as much attention placed on it and I think Wikis are very important for games, especially for new players who want to learn more about the universe upon completing the game or whilst they are playing the game.

I know Shenmue Dojo is the best place for Shenmue information but I believe we should maybe try to expand the Shenmue Wiki too.

What do you guys think?
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Re: Shenmue Wiki

Postby Fraser » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm guilty of looking up games on their respective Wikis immediately after completing them haha (as long as I enjoyed them)
Fraser
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Giorgio » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:23 am

There is this: http://shenmuedb.com/, too. Maybe someone could contact the owner to contribute; seems like a good site.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby TheTimeRanger » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 am

Hey! No need to contact the owner. It's me :)

This has been a working in progress since last year, and technically not launched yet :lol:

I'm glad you like it. My goal has been to create a database site with a more inviting design. I've struggled with the setup, trying to make a system which isn't a wiki.

It stalled a little after the kickstarter, as I changed jobs, then christmas etc.

I'm going to start this up again now, and fix the platform and make the responsiveness of it better.
I absolutely would love if someone would be willing to contribute.

I'll keep you guys posted :)
Last edited by TheTimeRanger on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTimeRanger
Dojo Designer
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: The_TimeRanger
XBL: TheTimeRanger

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am

TheTimeRanger wrote: Hey! No need to contact the owner. It's me :)

This has been a working in progress since last year, and technically not launched yet :lol:

I'm glad you like it. My goal has been to create a database site with a more inviting design. I've struggled with the setup, trying to make a system which isn't a wiki.

It stalled a little after the kickstarter, as I changed jobs, then christmas etc.

I'm going to start this up again now, and fix platform and make the responsiveness of it better.
I absolutely would love if someone would be willing to contribute.

I'll keep you guys posted :)

Thanks for your work! Feel free to pm me if you need anything.

Abraham_1 wrote:Hi

This is my first post; however, I have been a fan of the series for a long time.

I was replaying through the games, trying to explore as much as I could. This really shines through in Shenmue 2, especially in Kowloon, where there is so much to explore. I wanted a comprehensive list of locations and went on Shenmue Wiki, since Wiki is the platform which helps me with virtually any game I need information for. Much to my surprise, however, the Wiki for locations was not as fleshed out as I imagined. In fact, Shenmue Wiki is not very fleshed out as a whole, at least not as much as other game series such as Ace Attorney Wiki, Xenoblade Wiki or GTA Wiki, which basically milk the games for all their worth.

Now, I do not blame those who post on the Wiki since I am sure they work hard, I just don't think there's as much attention placed on it and I think Wikis are very important for games, especially for new players who want to learn more about the universe upon completing the game or whilst they are playing the game.

I know Shenmue Dojo is the best place for Shenmue information but I believe we should maybe try to expand the Shenmue Wiki too.

What do you guys think?

The Neoseeker page is good too.
https://shenmue.neoseeker.com/wiki/Main_Page
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Return to Community Projects