Reticence (Tears of Separation Remix)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Reticence (Tears of Separation Remix)

Postby LanDC » Thu May 05, 2016 9:13 pm

phpBB [video]

Aaaaaaand I'm back with another Shenmue mix. Tears of Separation, always one of my favorites, so I wanted to do something with it. I've also wanted to make something a little jazzy, and I thought this was just the track to put that spin on.

LanDC has received 5 thanks from: AM2, FlagshipFighter, Giorgio, Mr357, shengoro86
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Reticence (Tears of Separation Remix)

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 pm

I really enjoy your renditions, and the sheer amount of thought and talent you put into all your tracks. All of them are stunning and i always find myself listening to at least one of your tracks once a week...

Thanks for all the effort and contributions you've made over the years too, for me you were key to reminding me just how special and unlike anything else shenmue really was by putting it on the forefront of our minds. And it was always great to hear new shenmue content crafted with such skill that made listening to these classic tunes invigorating and fresh again... :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: LanDC
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby LanDC » Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote: I really enjoy your renditions, and the sheer amount of thought and talent you put into all your tracks. All of them are stunning and i always find myself listening to at least one of your tracks once a week...

Thanks for all the effort and contributions you've made over the years too, for me you were key to reminding me just how special and unlike anything else shenmue really was by putting it on the forefront of our minds. And it was always great to hear new shenmue content crafted with such skill that made listening to these classic tunes invigorating and fresh again... :-)

Thank you! I did put a load of effort into this, and I'm grateful to see someone acknowledge that. I posted this on Shenmue 500K and barely got a look. But someone can post a random photo about sailors and get 300 likes... It's crazy.

Comments like these give me motivation to want to make more tracks like this, and I do believe I will! I'm actually working on several right now. I tend to fluctuate between projects because I can get burnt out easily. But my greatest enemy is work. I've gotta do a lot of that to recoup that nearly 13 grand I put into the Kickstarter. #-o Don't regret it, don't regret it! 8-[

LanDC has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, shengoro86
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu May 05, 2016 10:11 pm

When listening to the tracks, they're so good that it makes me wonder what talents i could contribute to the world of shenmue. Being an industrial designer I'm not entirely sure what i can do but I'm going to push into doing something in the summer. I'm an industrial designer student so I'm thinking maybe replicating some of the ingame items/products?

And oh wow, I'm obviously familiar with you here and on YouTube but i had no idea how much you commited to the project, THANK YOU! :-)

And yeah, burnout is very very difficult for me to deal with. Recently i tried to gain a new perspective on limits, with seeing your last big effort/achievement and whether you can still reach that mark often or sometimes surpass it. Instead of it being this nebulous thing i try to see it as a gauge (similar to breaking that rock or punching the tree in shenmue 2 now that i think of it) but i still think myself lower of my abilities so i need to try harder too.

And wow, again, great that you do these tracks outside of work! Awesome! :-)

Keep up the excellent work DC! :-)

FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby AM2 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:59 am

This one here is a great mix. Relaxing,soothing just what I need.
Thanks LanDC :D
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Life

Postby shengoro86 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Fantastic track! So well done!!!!!!
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Return to Community Projects