Shenmue Phoenix and dragon mirrors back in producti/request!

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Phoenix and dragon mirrors back in producti/requ

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:20 am

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: exactly!!! people screen print designs of mario, zelda, shenmue anything on anything and sell it please stop trying to put me down...

I gave you my honest opinion and I am 100% right that you using sega trademark to sell your fan made stuff. It doesn't matter if others do the same thing and not sued by the companys because at the end it is a trademark violation.

. i am doing this as a service to fans of thsi game because these will never exist anywhere else.

1. The mirrors exists: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 009071.jpg
2. Fan service? Please don' tell me you make no profit of your work. Even as fan service you still don't have the rights to sell those mirros:

Dear Rich: For a while I have been making digital merchandise based off of famous movie and video game characters. At first I wasn't really making any money off of them. I know now that not making a profit doesn't change anything as far as trademark violations.

How do other people get away with it? It's a matter of odds. The owners of valuable character properties usually put their resources into pursuing the bigger fish, and for the most part, that often bypasses individual sales at Etsy or eBay. So, unless the trademark owner is intending to make an example of a small fry infringer, a cease and desist letter may be sent, and that's sometimes the end of it.

http://dearrichblog.blogspot.de/2011/12 ... -game.html

i take pride in my 3d modeling and painting and art in general and i am just sharing this with the shenmue community please just stop harassing me on this post if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all...

Harassing? You don't like other opinions based on facts?
You can do what you like to do. I am not the person who gonna report you to sega. I just give you some hints to be aware what you do and the consequences. Thats all. So please don't get me wrong: I like your work and also in genaral fan services (which I think is not 100% in your case).
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:24 am

That's complete bullshit i only used the photos as reference! i dont even know how to rip models from the game at all... what is wrong with everyone? the only reason it has the polygonal edges is because i did not want these high poly because my 3d program i use to load them into for the 3d print works better when the poly count is low...
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:26 am

i used this same process to make the mirrors... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HKv9CCQLc before anyone else assumes please look at my portfolio and yputube on my workflow. I am a 3d modeler and artist not game ripper and model stealer lol...
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:35 am

also you do realize those mirrors you showed are fan made right!?

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote:
Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: exactly!!! people screen print designs of mario, zelda, shenmue anything on anything and sell it please stop trying to put me down...

I gave you my honest opinion and I am 100% right that you using sega trademark to sell your fan made stuff. It doesn't matter if others do the same thing and not sued by the companys because at the end it is a trademark violation.

. i am doing this as a service to fans of thsi game because these will never exist anywhere else.

1. The mirrors exists: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 009071.jpg
2. Fan service? Please don' tell me you make no profit of your work. Even as fan service you still don't have the rights to sell those mirros:

Dear Rich: For a while I have been making digital merchandise based off of famous movie and video game characters. At first I wasn't really making any money off of them. I know now that not making a profit doesn't change anything as far as trademark violations.

How do other people get away with it? It's a matter of odds. The owners of valuable character properties usually put their resources into pursuing the bigger fish, and for the most part, that often bypasses individual sales at Etsy or eBay. So, unless the trademark owner is intending to make an example of a small fry infringer, a cease and desist letter may be sent, and that's sometimes the end of it.

http://dearrichblog.blogspot.de/2011/12 ... -game.html

i take pride in my 3d modeling and painting and art in general and i am just sharing this with the shenmue community please just stop harassing me on this post if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all...

Harassing? You don't like other opinions based on facts?
You can do what you like to do. I am not the person who gonna report you to sega. I just give you some hints to be aware what you do and the consequences. Thats all. So please don't get me wrong: I like your work and also in genaral fan services (which I think is not 100% in your case).
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 am

Please just do me a favor everyone since day one i have been nothing but nice to everyone on this site, and i have gotten backlash for everything i post or projects that i make. if you want the mirrors that are 100% made by me and want to contact me email me or go through my site and mail me because i can not deal with this negativity anymore. I hate that i have to prove my self to you guys, its sad because i have a actual bachelors degree that i busted my ass for that i worked very hard for in video game art i am a professional modeler and artist and for me to constantly get judge or nagged to the point that i want to just delete my username on this site is sad its borderline bullying and you all need to just chill with me please. what i am doing is 100% legit and 100% made by me from start to finish only using reference photos. so what i put inspired when i make them because it is inspired not a copy or replica each think i make has my own twist its not cut n paste! anyway here is my original 3d model files that i created not rips from the game at all! 100% modeled in maya 2014 by me, you can even see the edgeflow is unique to me looks nothign like the original mirrors i do not even know what those 3d models look like to be honest. but anyway please everyone lets just chill out. .Image
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby south carmain » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:52 am

Fair enough then. Sorry for misjudging you.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby tomboz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: Please just do me a favor everyone since day one i have been nothing but nice to everyone on this site, and i have gotten backlash for everything i post or projects that i make. if you want the mirrors that are 100% made by me and want to contact me email me or go through my site and mail me because i can not deal with this negativity anymore. I hate that i have to prove my self to you guys, its sad because i have a actual bachelors degree that i busted my ass for that i worked very hard for in video game art i am a professional modeler and artist and for me to constantly get judge or nagged to the point that i want to just delete my username on this site is sad its borderline bullying and you all need to just chill with me please. what i am doing is 100% legit and 100% made by me from start to finish only using reference photos. so what i put inspired when i make them because it is inspired not a copy or replica each think i make has my own twist its not cut n paste! anyway here is my original 3d model files that i created not rips from the game at all! 100% modeled in maya 2014 by me, you can even see the edgeflow is unique to me looks nothign like the original mirrors i do not even know what those 3d models look like to be honest. but anyway please everyone lets just chill out. .Image

Having a degree does not give you the right to profit by infringing on other peoples' trademarks nor does it give you the right to profit from other peoples' work by using the models that they have spent time to rip while providing neither credit nor payment. Pointing out that you are breaking the law is not bullying nor is commenting in a thread exclusively related to your crimes harassment. I hope somebody reports you to Sega and I hope they take legal action against you. You're no better than a ticket tout or a grey importer.
tomboz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:22 pm

first of all i did not get these models from anyone and they were never ripped from anywhere, they were 100% created by me, they belong to me, and are unique to me as a modeler, i did every process started with a cylinder extruded the shapes and made it all watertight then triangulated every last damn polygon on these models nothing was from a game or anyone else... so before you go off and become a lawyer here, you need to realize that if something is "fan made" and 100% me putting time in with my wacom tablet and maya 2014 and my up mini 3d printer and my acryllic paints who do i give credit too? ME! it is inspired by the mirrors from the game but not ripped or stolen at all. please just everyone stop with the damn negativity here. its sickening.

Thats like going on ETSY and saying to 99.9% of the pople who create fan art items such as pokemon, zelda and heck EVEN SHENMUE STUFF and accusing them they stole designs from zelda, mass effect, skyrim, i can go on and on... so please just chill out... i am doing nothing illegal at all its actually comical how people get when they see someone else doing something good, there is always going to be those people out there in the world, and as a artist i know it comes with the territory.

the files are mine i created them, and if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all, i have over 10 hours in each set i create in paint alone.

also i am sure if you compare my models to the ingame ones they do not even look alike at all! i used extrusion technique and low poily design to make the phoenix and dragon using create polygon tool in maya, i am 100000% sure the ingame models use a flat shape and use the texture. so before you go about thinking you know about how models an geometry work and talk check your facts first dont just jump on the bandwagon and say hey you are wrong because i am 100000% right in creating and selling these they are "inspired by the game" and created by me from scratch not direct rips like you think.
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:29 pm

i am done explaining my self to you all here for those who bought them from me i really greatly appreciate that you love my work and will continue to make 3d items "FROM SCRATCH' and sell them if you are interested just message me.

if you insist on harassing me go ahead and contact these sellers who are doing pretty much the same thing i am doing...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/288788421/sword-handguard-hazuki-family-crest?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=shenmue&ref=sr_gallery_10

https://www.etsy.com/listing/113730153/shenmue-inspired-unisex-t-shirt?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=shenmue&ref=sr_gallery_5

https://www.etsy.com/listing/277445696/shenmue-ryu-hazuki-poster?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=shenmue&ref=sr_gallery_2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Majoras-Mask-inspired-Legend-of-Zelda-Watercolor-art-poster-Print-14-/182056861819?hash=item2a636f407b:g:9m0AAOSw1DtXJ0lM

the list goes on and on... as long as its a 100% original creation and you say it is inspired by said game or movie you are fine to sell it because its not a exact replica its a creation made by the person who creates it and it is inspired by said game or movie...
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote:Thats like going on ETSY and saying to 99.9% of the pople who create fan art items such as pokemon, zelda and heck EVEN SHENMUE STUFF and accusing them they stole designs from zelda, mass effect, skyrim

Well...
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby tomboz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: first of all i did not get these models from anyone and they were never ripped from anywhere, they were 100% created by me, they belong to me, and are unique to me as a modeler, i did every process started with a cylinder extruded the shapes and made it all watertight then triangulated every last damn polygon on these models nothing was from a game or anyone else... so before you go off and become a lawyer here, you need to realize that if something is "fan made" and 100% me putting time in with my wacom tablet and maya 2014 and my up mini 3d printer and my acryllic paints who do i give credit too? ME! it is inspired by the mirrors from the game but not ripped or stolen at all. please just everyone stop with the damn negativity here. its sickening.

Thats like going on ETSY and saying to 99.9% of the pople who create fan art items such as pokemon, zelda and heck EVEN SHENMUE STUFF and accusing them they stole designs from zelda, mass effect, skyrim, i can go on and on... so please just chill out... i am doing nothing illegal at all its actually comical how people get when they see someone else doing something good, there is always going to be those people out there in the world, and as a artist i know it comes with the territory.

the files are mine i created them, and if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all, i have over 10 hours in each set i create in paint alone.

also i am sure if you compare my models to the ingame ones they do not even look alike at all! i used extrusion technique and low poily design to make the phoenix and dragon using create polygon tool in maya, i am 100000% sure the ingame models use a flat shape and use the texture. so before you go about thinking you know about how models an geometry work and talk check your facts first dont just jump on the bandwagon and say hey you are wrong because i am 100000% right in creating and selling these they are "inspired by the game" and created by me from scratch not direct rips like you think.

Whether or not you modeled them yourself is irrelevant. The intellectual property belongs to Sega and Yu Suzuki. You clearly have no idea how percentages work (the clue is in the name) - but regardless, you are not 'right' to sell these morally or legally.

Going back to the model issue; I seem to recall you constantly begging people to rip models for you for your 'Amibo' products because you were too lazy/incompetent to rip them yourself. If you're unable to rip a pre-made model I find it somewhat suspect that you're able to model from scratch (not that that would make what you're doing any less illegal).

I'm sorry if the 'negativity' is affecting your ability to illegally profit from somebody elses IP. I suggest either contacting Sega about licensing or contact your government about making an exception to copyright laws just for you because you disagree with them (Maybe they'll let you get away with a few murders too?). Until either of those things happen I suggest you quit whining and take your illegal business elsewhere.

The next time I see you posting about these mirrors or any other unlicensed Shenmue merchandise for sale I will be reporting it to Sega ;-)

tomboz has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Trilogy
tomboz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:13 pm

also you do realize those mirrors you showed are fan made right!?

Fanmade for what kind of purpose? To sell them and/or make money of it? No, it was a gift for Yu-San (AFAIK):

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: That's complete bullshit i only used the photos as reference! i dont even know how to rip models from the game at all... what is wrong with everyone? the only reason it has the polygonal edges is because i did not want these high poly because my 3d program i use to load them into for the 3d print works better when the poly count is low...

I do believe you that you modelled the mirrors because the polycount of your mirrors is not the same compared to the mirrors from the game. However the trademark thing remains as an issue. You can't just use the design of nike shoes as reference and change a few small things which only can be seen by more detailed analyse.

i am doing nothing illegal

So you are 100% sure you make nothing illegal here? Please do me a favour and contact Sega or Yus-team and ask them. Its a one thing to create fan made stuff for yourself another to sell that stuff and make money of it.

they were 100% created by me, they belong to me, and are unique to me as a modeler, i did every process started with a cylinder extruded the shapes and made it all watertight then triangulated every last damn polygon on these models nothing was from a game or anyone else...

the files are mine i created them

Same goes for fake shoes which are forbidden on the market. People who creates fake shoes are using the original shoes as reference as you use the original mirrors as reference.
Copryright and Trademarks exists for reason. What do you think what will happen if everyone will start making those kind of shoes and selling them on ebay?

Shenmue_Trilogy has received a thanks from: tomboz
Shenmue_Trilogy

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:48 pm

you know what i will not make any more of these... its making me sick how everyone here (besides those who appreciate what i am doing) is attacking me and playing lawyer and wants to see me fail!? this was intended as a fun project and got some these out to real fans. one set that i shipped to a producer and photographer in canada is even being used in the shenmue documentary. im not sure why everyone has this grudge against me but i was just trying to be nice and create something that no one else has even attempted. just so you know i donated over $2000 to the shenmue kickstarter of my own money not from these alone from me AS A FAN my money, just because i am a fan and i want to see this franchise get the proper recognition it deserves. hopefully you and the other can just take it easy in the future with me about this because its sad i am trying to share something with the community and show my modeling skills that i busted my ass to learn and it was turned into something bad :( sad situation... i think this is my last post on this forum. Thanks everyone who appreciated anything i posted or did on this forum. catch yall later...
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby tomboz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: you know what i will not make any more of these... its making me sick how everyone here (besides those who appreciate what i am doing) is attacking me and playing lawyer and wants to see me fail!? this was intended as a fun project and got some these out to real fans. one set that i shipped to a producer and photographer in canada is even being used in the shenmue documentary. im not sure why everyone has this grudge against me but i was just trying to be nice and create something that no one else has even attempted. just so you know i donated over $2000 to the shenmue kickstarter of my own money not from these alone from me AS A FAN my money, just because i am a fan and i want to see this franchise get the proper recognition it deserves. hopefully you and the other can just take it easy in the future with me about this because its sad i am trying to share something with the community and show my modeling skills that i busted my ass to learn and it was turned into something bad :( sad situation... i think this is my last post on this forum. Thanks everyone who appreciated anything i posted or did on this forum. catch yall later...

:-({|=
tomboz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: you know what i will not make any more of these...

Yep.
"I will be selling these 3 statues i created the money can come in handy right now to pay some bills"

More:
viewtopic.php?f=37&p=1133189#p1133189

just so you know i donated over $2000 to the shenmue kickstarter of my own money not from these alone from me AS A FAN my money, just because i am a fan and i want to see this franchise get the proper recognition it deserves.

Solution B does not fix problem A.
Spending money on kickstarter project is legal.
Violating trademarks by using the original as reference and than selling and making money of it is illegal.

just because i am a fan and i want to see this franchise get the proper recognition it deserves.

Here is what you can do to avoid illegal issues and to get the proper recognition for the shemue series:
Create two (round) mirros with complete different design not using the dragon, phoenix and the other details as design. This is what I called inspired by a videogames series.
...but you will not do it because not many fans are interested in fan made stuff which are not connected to the series neither occurs in the game. Therefore you will most likey make less or no money.
Shenmue_Trilogy

Previous

Return to Community Projects