Mod Idea: Normal fight camera in BHW

(Modding and other series related projects)

Mod Idea: Normal fight camera in BHW

Postby BlueMue » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:21 pm

I don't know if this idea has been discussed before but I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now.
Everyone seems to complain about the first person view for the fights in Beverly Hills Wharf so why not try to force the camera back to the regular view. I'd like to see that. It would be interesting just to get an idea if the first person view is really necessary in those narrow alleys.

Either way of doing this would be fine, may it be with a cheat code or permanent mod but I'm of course more interested in the latter. So I've been looking into the mapfile and tried porting the ECAM data from another map over. The game ran fine but nothing changed. I also tried the same with the ACAM block, just out of curiousity and with that replaced the area wouldn't load anymore.

Then I've looked through the folder and I suspect now that the variables for the camera could be in FRBT.EV3
I swapped it with the files for sparring with Jianmin and the street fight with the wild man and sure enough the game brought me to these events after I talked to a group of Heavens (with some crazy side effects).
So these files definately define quite a lot. But once again that the file is a mess to read and I couldn't spot anything that clearly pointed towards camera.

Any ideas guys?

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Mr357
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Mod Idea: Normal fight camera in BHW

Postby Esppiral » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Something like this?

phpBB [video]

In cheat engine chage this
Code: Select all
2C27E100

This will place the camera behind Ryo, even on cutscenes, leaving to some hilarious results.

Esppiral has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Giorgio, Mr357
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Re: Mod Idea: Normal fight camera in BHW

Postby BlueMue » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:42 pm

See, I knew this had to be possible with a cheat since there is something in the same fashion for Shenmue.
Too bad I just can't get anything out of the Cheat Engine myself.

This is definately a step in the right direction but I'd like to see the actual battle camera too. It's more free than the 3rd person view. If you think about it, the fights are already in the 3rd person view for this area, just zoomed right up to the back of Ryo to somewhat of a 1st/3rd person hybrid. With this cheat it's of course a lot better and not that hard locked to Ryo's position. It gives the game a good beat em up feeling. I definately gotta mess around with this cheat.

Oh and what is going on with the visuals? SweetFX to the max?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Community Projects