Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

(Modding and other series related projects)

Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby the_importer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:53 am

Hey there,

While I'm waiting for GDEmus to be back in stock, I was thinking about playing Shenmue Undub on CD-R 99. Only thing is, I can't find any online stores that sells CD-R 99 discs that ships to Canada. I'm not looking for a pack of 25 or 50, I just need 5 or 10 (in case I miss a few times).

Any link will be appreciated.

Thank you
the_importer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: August 2016

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:02 am

the_importer wrote: Hey there,

While I'm waiting for GDEmus to be back in stock, I was thinking about playing Shenmue Undub on CD-R 99. Only thing is, I can't find any online stores that sells CD-R 99 discs that ships to Canada. I'm not looking for a pack of 25 or 50, I just need 5 or 10 (in case I miss a few times).

Any link will be appreciated.

Thank you


I am not sure which sites can ship to canada, however just be warned that most common 99-min discs you find on the net tend to not work too well with the DC gdrom drive.

One of my modding partners can confirm that Banana Digital discs destroy Dreamcasts.
Image

--------------SHENMUE 3 MOD TEAM LEADER: THE CHIYOUMEN--------------
User avatar
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: August 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby BlueMue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:21 am

You know there is a search feature? There are loads of topics about these CDRs.
Would probably be a good idea to throw all the knowledge about this stuff in a stickied topic.
Image
User avatar
BlueMue
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: August 2008
Location: Germany
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby the_importer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:43 pm

shengoro86 wrote:
the_importer wrote: Hey there,

While I'm waiting for GDEmus to be back in stock, I was thinking about playing Shenmue Undub on CD-R 99. Only thing is, I can't find any online stores that sells CD-R 99 discs that ships to Canada. I'm not looking for a pack of 25 or 50, I just need 5 or 10 (in case I miss a few times).

Any link will be appreciated.

Thank you


I am not sure which sites can ship to canada, however just be warned that most common 99-min discs you find on the net tend to not work too well with the DC gdrom drive.

One of my modding partners can confirm that Banana Digital discs destroy Dreamcasts.


Guess I won't risk it then and just wait for GDEmu.
the_importer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: August 2016

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby Nico0020 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:02 am

I have some that work quite well, quite a few users here can vouch for them too, I'll PM you.
User avatar
Nico0020
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Fukuoka Japan
XBL: ONESTAR v2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Undub 99 Min

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby don2one » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Hey i hope someone can help me out..

I actually own 2 shenmue II and 2 dreamcast. Now the thing is when i bought the 2nd shenmue II, the owner didn't told me about the scratches that are in the print itselfs. So even polishing it clear like a mirror it doesn't work. Well i tried it and it gave me a -30 reading error. Terrible thing there.

Well i got 2 copies so i deciced to look for it in the case. There was no CD3 there. I think its in the dreamcast my brother got. Can't believe when i asked him where it was he didn't knew where he put the dreamcast!!!!:(

I think 2 years ago i tried to get the 99min disc. To experience the English dub with my S1 savefile.

Bought 3 brands, banana, some plain disc and the number brands. The banana didnt work at all, plain disc worked with 80min version. Number brands seems to be the best pick here. Thats what i read somewhere.

When i burned the 99 min version it gets an error at around 80%.
Is it because my CDROM drive isn't capable doing 99min burns or do i did something very wrong that makes it keep crashing. I really want to play the 99min version. Just want fully enjoy the game.

I have a decent pc i5 4.4 oc, 1070 and 16GB, but i heard there was a lot of glitches? And i tried the forum Demul thing, but its seems be bugged when i play the game. I gave up on that. Normally i can handle these things by my own. I think i asked to much hope someone can help me with this issue! Thanks again!
Image
User avatar
don2one
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: August 2015
PSN: Don2one
Wii U: Don2one
Steam: Don2one
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Iracing and shenmue's

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby Mr357 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 am

I can confirm that the Number discs work fine. I bought 50 of them about a year and a half ago. If you're getting burn errors with those, then your burner does not support overburn (not all the way to 99 minutes, at least). I have 2 burners- one advertised support for 99 minute overburn, but gives me errors at around 92 minutes. The other has no overburn rating of any kind, but has worked for all of my oversized games. The only downside is that the latter isn't capable of burns slower than 16x, but the former can do 8x. 16x still works well enough with the Dreamcast though.
Shenmue: The Movie Remastered
phpBB [video]

4:3 version
phpBB [video]

Shenmue II: The Movie
phpBB [video]
User avatar
Mr357
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: March 2015
Location: United States
Steam: Mr .357
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:39 am

Can you please tell us which program you are burning them with? In IMGBurn and DiscJuggler there should be overburn settings.

And I can vouch for Nico0020, he was the guy I used to get mine from. Banana discs used to be fine back in the day, but something changed with their manufacturing process and thy flat out won't work since about 2013 or so. The ones he gets directly in Japan are great discs.
Image
User avatar
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: November 2009
Location: Texas
Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby don2one » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm

I almost worked out! I tried TAO and its failed several times.
When changing to automatic(cd,dvd) and change the TAO to DAO/SAO it burned 100%, but when i loading to my save file into the Thousand white blg its just freeze in the loading screen.

I use IMGburn from the isosite with the 3 DDL included, since Discjugger(what i used previously) dont support it anymore for windows 10 i jumped straight to IMGBurn. Thanks guys for the very quick replies!! Awesome, i went searching my 2nd dreamcast still didnt find it:(


EDIT:
Ok guys, when i burned last night i just gave up after ruin like 5 dics. I forgot to take out my cdr and left it in my pc. So i started the pc and the cd was written for 870* even when its told the burning was failed.

I took out the disc and put it in the dreamcast, guess what it worked!! Awesome, i dont know if i can play anything on this disc, because i don't know if its really got all data in it. :) i am a happy dude for now!

As for the topic answer. I bought these cdr in china, but i used taobao.com or another site. Its sort of a negotiator between you and the site you want to order those disk from. I never did something like this before, but it worked out after a couple of reads how to do it!
Image
User avatar
don2one
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: August 2015
PSN: Don2one
Wii U: Don2one
Steam: Don2one
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Iracing and shenmue's

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby shenhaZ » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Bought a 10x pack of 99min number CDs and already killed 2 of them tried to burn ecco 90min version and Shenmue 2 80 min version.

Now I want to burn Shenmue 2 99 min version, but after reading this faq I'm a little bit scared that my drive may not support such big overburn
http://www.infocellar.com/CD/overburn.htm

I'm using Imgburn with default settings, if somebody can give an advise, I would be greatly apreciated
User avatar
shenhaZ
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: November 2009
Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby Mr357 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 am

shenhaZ wrote: Bought a 10x pack of 99min number CDs and already killed 2 of them tried to burn ecco 90min version and Shenmue 2 80 min version.

Now I want to burn Shenmue 2 99 min version, but after reading this faq I'm a little bit scared that my drive may not support such big overburn
http://www.infocellar.com/CD/overburn.htm

I'm using Imgburn with default settings, if somebody can give an advise, I would be greatly apreciated


Assuming your rips are good, the problem lies with your burner. All you have to do in Imgburn is select "overburn" when it prompts you.
Shenmue: The Movie Remastered
phpBB [video]

4:3 version
phpBB [video]

Shenmue II: The Movie
phpBB [video]

Mr357 has received a thanks from: shenhaZ
User avatar
Mr357
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: March 2015
Location: United States
Steam: Mr .357
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby shenhaZ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:38 am

Mr357 wrote:
shenhaZ wrote: Bought a 10x pack of 99min number CDs and already killed 2 of them tried to burn ecco 90min version and Shenmue 2 80 min version.

Now I want to burn Shenmue 2 99 min version, but after reading this faq I'm a little bit scared that my drive may not support such big overburn
http://www.infocellar.com/CD/overburn.htm

I'm using Imgburn with default settings, if somebody can give an advise, I would be greatly apreciated


Assuming your rips are good, the problem lies with your burner. All you have to do in Imgburn is select "overburn" when it prompts you.


Which speed should I set?

Also, is this ok that imgburn see only 730mb on this 99min disc?
User avatar
shenhaZ
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: November 2009
Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby Mr357 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:08 pm

shenhaZ wrote:
Mr357 wrote:
shenhaZ wrote: Bought a 10x pack of 99min number CDs and already killed 2 of them tried to burn ecco 90min version and Shenmue 2 80 min version.

Now I want to burn Shenmue 2 99 min version, but after reading this faq I'm a little bit scared that my drive may not support such big overburn
http://www.infocellar.com/CD/overburn.htm

I'm using Imgburn with default settings, if somebody can give an advise, I would be greatly apreciated


Assuming your rips are good, the problem lies with your burner. All you have to do in Imgburn is select "overburn" when it prompts you.


Which speed should I set?

Also, is this ok that imgburn see only 730mb on this 99min disc?


Speed shouldn't matter much, but 12x is typically the sweet spot for the Dreamcast. I've never had any issues with both 8x and 16x. ImgBurn detecting 730MB is normal, but after a successful burn, Windows should show the full ~850MB. What burner are you using?
Shenmue: The Movie Remastered
phpBB [video]

4:3 version
phpBB [video]

Shenmue II: The Movie
phpBB [video]
User avatar
Mr357
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: March 2015
Location: United States
Steam: Mr .357
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby shenhaZ » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Speed shouldn't matter much, but 12x is typically the sweet spot for the Dreamcast. I've never had any issues with both 8x and 16x. ImgBurn detecting 730MB is normal, but after a successful burn, Windows should show the full ~850MB. What burner are you using?


SAMSUNG 208B integrated in laptop

windows is showing that cd is 700mb
User avatar
shenhaZ
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: November 2009
Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Postby shenhaZ » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Successfully burned it at my friend's house.

Now I have full shenmue 2 version for dreamcast, which is way more cheaper than normal copy from ebay. The only issue is maybe I burned it at low speed (8x), I am hearing how lazer is having tough time when I am starting conversation with a npc, and their voices not always syncing with lips, I don't remember having such problems before.
Last edited by shenhaZ on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
shenhaZ
Dojo Donor
Dojo Donor
 
Joined: November 2009
Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Next

Return to Community Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net