Shenmue 1 Overseas (South Spain)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue 1 Overseas (South Spain)

Postby foclinbris » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:51 am

Hi there,
i wanted to pose you all a crazy/ stupid idea lol
(I ve been lurking the foros for some time now, but im actually new to sd).

so a few months back i got this dumb idea of attempting to 'remake' some parts of shenmue as if it was located in another country--actually, spain (where i am from) instead of japan: starting by rebuilding sakuragaoka and yamanose into small south spain villa neighbourhoods. but lol when i first started thinking about this i didnt anticipate that shenmue 1 area models would be so impossible to get because backface culling, etc

But then, today i came across this post from 2011 where choncy12 said that, back in the day, he managed to get all sakuragaoka & yamanose Dino's models into 3dsmax.

tl;dr
i'd like to see if im able to retexture/ rebuild sakuragaoka/ yamanose into small south spain villas instead of japanese ones. it could be a big ass boost to the project having some of Dino's models if they are somewhere to be found/ you guys didnt mind sharing them to a newb like me. do anyone know of those area models?

please tell me what ya think.
thanks for reading.
Last edited by foclinbris on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
foclinbris
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: shenmue mods

Re: Shenmue 1 Overseas (South Spain)

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 pm

I extracted most of the locations in the first shenmue, you can find them in this thread alongside a video tutorial on how to do so yourself viewtopic.php?f=37&t=50118

south carmain has received a thanks from: foclinbris
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Return to Community Projects