Shenmue III Titlescreen Mockup (Just for fun!)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue III Titlescreen Mockup (Just for fun!)

Postby Jibby » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 am

A while ago, I made a little mockup of what I though would be a cool main menu for Shenmue. Just for fun, I've now made an extended version!

phpBB [video]

As strange as it may be, some of the most basic things such as what the main menu will look like are things that get me really excited for starting up Shenmue III for the first time. That's why I was inspired to make this.

Jibby has received 4 thanks from: Kiske, Mr357, ner0, Switch
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue III Titlescreen Mockup (Just for fun!)

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 am

Gives me the chills!

I was seriously expecting to start playing the game at the end of the Bailu Village loading screen! :mrgreen:

Kiske has received a thanks from: Jibby
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:54 am

Great work Jibby! I'm looking forward to seeing those aspects of the game too. It'll be interesting to see how the game handles loading (and if it'll be using these loading screens at all or not very often) but I look forward to the soundtrack continues to be an active part of this games world and immersion. Too many games (especially open world ones) are very quiet with hardly any music/sounds other than the NPC/ambience, I understand the devs reasoning for doing this but it's something I genuinely miss and it always makes me yearn to put Shenmue 1 or 2 in and visit somewhere like Queen St, Golden Qr or Green Market Qr. There's nothing quite like that feeling.

Something Himuro I think pointed out in another thread was the Nightfall segment in the most recent teaser (which I think it may well be) it's just those cool little attention to detail that are what makes Shenmue so special and that I am just looking forward to seeing again. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome for the Shenmue series :-)
Last edited by FlagshipFighter on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:16 am

Haahaa the memories from last year when we made the title screens. Ours were almost identical! Took me ages to find the right moo sounds the cows made outside Shenhuas home lol :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jibby » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks Flagship! Completely agree. I think Shenmue III is going to be a very refreshing experience.

And haha, ours were definitely very similar Peter. Glad you eventually found that perfect cow sound!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 am

Wheres the continue from Shenmue 2 option ? \:D/

ReeceKun has received a thanks from: Jibby
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Return to Community Projects