Shenmue Piano Collection

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Piano Collection

Postby younessius » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:20 am

It's one example,I have 10. Normally I shouldn't post this kind of file in a forum, but I wanted to show honesty.
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 am

Ok could you send me those privately?

Either way, you don't seem too open about your project and considering you are asking for money, i cant see many filled with confidence at how transparent you are about all of this.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby younessius » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:40 am

I understand you were worrying about legal issues for the project. Now even if I send you the statement files you don't consider transparency !

With respect, I kindly ask the admin to delete this post. Please excuse all the disturbance.

Best regards.
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Sappharad » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Just to provide you some advice in case you want to try again or 'fix' the majority of concerns that people have...

The reason so many people are skeptical of what you're doing is because many of us could have done the same thing. I could go out to vgmusic.com and download some Shenmue MIDI's, use GarageBand to make them into piano music, and then post a video of it just like you did. If you had previously worked on Piano albums before and referenced that work, people would know you could actually do what you want to do and not have reason to be skeptical.

Without that, you might actually have to do more to earn people's trust. For example, plan out what you want to include in your album, create a "sample" video of someone practicing playing one of those songs (since it would be a video it wouldn't be the quality you want for the actual album, but then you'd see someone is capable of performing the work and the funding is just to pay for professional quality) and then maybe it would seem easier to trust you. I hope this helps.

Check out this video I just made in 15 minutes. It is not affiliated with this project:
phpBB [video]

Sappharad has received 3 thanks from: Kiske, ner0, Peter
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby younessius » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:37 am

Hi,

Thank you for this valuable advice, we're working on it. We will keep you updated.

Best regards.
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Peter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:34 am

Exactly as Sapphard says. Retool it, be as transparent as possible and then we could help. But from what we have so far, as i said, we don't have the confidence to promote this without knowing it has gotten the green light from all the owning parties involved.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Previous

Return to Community Projects