Shenmue Piano Collection

(Modding and other series related projects)

Shenmue Piano Collection

Postby younessius » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:19 am

Hi,

There is a Shenmue Piano Collection album running in progress, in case someone want to preorder the album, there are some rewards in the campaign, the physical CD with bonus track and with piano score book given as a reward only.

Thank you.
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Piano Collection

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 am

Sorry, but is there any sort of proof you have guys have the relevant permissions from Sega, and the artists to release this?

I don't mean to sound like a douche, but you are asking for money, and as much as I'd love to back this as well as have the Dojo promote it, we would need to be sure that people are not throwing their money away and that everything is above board in terms with the law.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby younessius » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:58 am

Hi,

The album is licensed, and everything is legal, it's already stated in the legal disclaimer section in the campaign.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards.

younessius has received a thanks from: Kiske
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:14 am

That's great!

When did the campaign start?
Have you plans to promote it?

The 40$ tier includes a piano score book, is it correct?

I wish you every success in your efforts!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby younessius » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:25 am

Thank you.

The campaign started a few days ago. No big plans for promotion actually, if you could share it,that would be wonderful.

Yes, the 40$ include a piano score book(The books is not intended to be sold, and will be printed as a reward only).

Regards.
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kiske » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:35 am

younessius wrote: Thank you.

The campaign started a few days ago. No big plans for promotion actually, if you could share it,that would be wonderful.

Yes, the 40$ include a piano score book(The books is not intended to be sold, and will be printed as a reward only).

Regards.

Thanks for the info!
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

younessius wrote: Hi,

The album is licensed, and everything is legal, it's already stated in the legal disclaimer section in the campaign.

Best regards.

With the greatest of respect, is there any further assurance you can provide on this matter? Because that page was written by yourself, of course, and when a fan site throws its weight behind promoting some products and not others, it wants to be able to defend its choices with tangible reasons to trust in the product's legitimacy.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ReeceKun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:03 am

I already posted this on Shenmue topic, but I'm reposting in this community area :)

We're running campaign to produce Piano Collection from shenmue soundtrack, please consider donating , thank you :).
https://igg.me/at/6MnKQ1xoPgU/x/15261417

Im really SICK and tired of people who try to profit from the Shenmue Licence, and not just try to profit, but try to pass off half-assed work as their own and exploiting the dumb shenmue fans who will pay good money for anything with the logo on.

This 'Demo'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivvMq4eyGTA

Is CLEARLY run through Midi Software and has not been played by a Pianist or someone who is a tallented playing an actual piano. And its not even a good Midi sound there are TONS of really good sounding Piano Software

The ORIGINAL soundtracks can be downloaded and there is a VAST library of Shenmue Midi's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZrVCa517w
I think I speak for at least 5 people here when I say

FUCK OFF !

ReeceKun has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, tomboz
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby younessius » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:12 am

Hi,

Before judging, at least ASK first.

We have already stated that the DEMO is not recorded, and is not the expected sound, hence the word "DEMO", so why are you angry about it ?!

I'm sorry to tell you that if we wanted to profit from it, we could have asked for 20K and more...,and I don't think you are expert in piano to judge those kind of work, so if you don't agree about this, don't mislead people !
(the midi library you're talking about is poorly arranged, clearly made by amateur)
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Peter » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Best regards.

Well yes, i do have questions, the ones i originally asked. Do you have some sort of proof to demonstrate to us that you have the permissions from all parties to do this? An email, a declaration of right? As Lets get Sweaty said, you have typed the IGG page yourself so thats not going to give me confidence to promote this. There is no example of any piano playing, an audio recording, or a video recording. You are a new member only just joined and are asking people for money, so we need to know. This site has associations with YSNET and Sega so if you cannot provide us with anything substantial, then these topics will be removed.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sappharad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:57 pm

You might want to actually verify that LOUDR can even get the rights to the music you want to produce.

They do point out in their FAQ that although they can get rights for the majority of music, but there could be some exceptions. I know in the past Shenmue has caused difficulties for some reason. When The OneUps produced the album "The Very Best of Sega" they had to cut their Shenmue track "Wave Sound in the Morning Haze" from the Album because they were unable to get the rights to Shenmue music. Everything else on the Album, (Skies of Arcadia, Sonic R, etc.) they were able to license.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 am

Though LOUDR (Soundrop Distribution) is legit for cover artists to sell their work, I couldn't find your name or anything Shenmue related name under their database. How do I search the license you have paid for? BTW why the name "piano dojo"?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:02 am

And the one and only current backer of the project is from someone called, "Peter". Should clarify that it's certainly not me.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby younessius » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 am

Hi,

I'm answering here some previous questions that was deleted in a previous post.

I'm attaching a screenshot from my LOUDR account as a proof of your request, since you were worrying about that.

@sand4fish, you can't do a search on people license, you have to ask them directly for that.
piano dojo is the project name.

For the demo, as I stated in a previous post, it's still a demo and it's sounds mechanical with is normal, it's not yet recorded.

If you have further questions, let me know.
Last edited by younessius on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Peter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:13 am

No posts have been deleted. The original topic was merged into this one within the community projects forum.

Thank you for the email screenshot. So i can see you have an application in for the rights to cover Shenhua - Sedge Flower. Is that the only licence you have applied for so far?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Community Projects