Shenmue 3 Fan-Made Gameplay Trailer

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue 3 Gameplay Trailer

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 am

alexironaek wrote: you should write in the title that it is a fan made video...

Taken care of.

There's nothing wrong with sharing a fan-made trailer - there is without correctly labelling it as such.

I'm also moving this to community projects.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SPG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:35 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: This can be reported on YouTube as spam and misleading content.

If you watch the video to the end you will see it is a humorous video. Its a well put together, shenmue influenced fan made video... don't be so uptight. I thought Shenmue fans would like the in game joke at the end.

You don't understand. The title and thumbnail appear as an official video. But it isn't. That is misleading content. It doesn't matter if there's a reveal at the end. You still wasted the viewer's time if they didnt know it was fan made.

Lighten up. Also the words 'Fan Made' give it away.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:53 pm

SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: This can be reported on YouTube as spam and misleading content.

If you watch the video to the end you will see it is a humorous video. Its a well put together, shenmue influenced fan made video... don't be so uptight. I thought Shenmue fans would like the in game joke at the end.

You don't understand. The title and thumbnail appear as an official video. But it isn't. That is misleading content. It doesn't matter if there's a reveal at the end. You still wasted the viewer's time if they didnt know it was fan made.

Good job for adding that. Don't act like it was there from the beginning though.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby SPG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:

Good job for adding that. Don't act like it was there from the beginning though.

You must have missed it atop of that high horse.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 pm

SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:

SPG wrote:
alexironaek wrote: you should write in the title that it is a fan made video...its going to attract a lot of people thinking that its the real thing and its going to backfire to your video and to shenmue 3 in general

I may do, I think the problem is people aren't watching it entirely and are then getting angry. Like come on its only two minutes long.

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby SPG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
SPG wrote:

SPG wrote:
alexironaek wrote: you should write in the title that it is a fan made video...its going to attract a lot of people thinking that its the real thing and its going to backfire to your video and to shenmue 3 in general

I may do, I think the problem is people aren't watching it entirely and are then getting angry. Like come on its only two minutes long.

Wow, such a vested interest. The internet is truly a safer place for your eternal vigilance. My comments and replies have being tongue and cheek, lighten up. With the title or without, it was clear the video was a spoof if people bothered to watch it. If you take offence or see the need to appear offended by a spoof video you must have more time on your hands than you know what to do with. Its also better footage than the official channels have being releasing.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Shenmue 3 Fan-Made Gameplay Trailer

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 am

You keep ignoring the point. When you uploaded this video you were passing it off as an official trailer.

And then you finish off with that sentence. "It's also better footage than the official channels have been releasing."
No it isn't. Because it is not the game we are waiting to play. And also, it's a spoof. You said it yourself.

I'm done. You cannot make a good point. If you had just admitted that you made a mistake at the start it would have made you look like a nice person.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby SPG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:30 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: You keep ignoring the point. When you uploaded this video you were passing it off as an official trailer.

And then you finish off with that sentence. "It's also better footage than the official channels have been releasing."
No it isn't. Because it is not the game we are waiting to play. And also, it's a spoof. You said it yourself.

I'm done. You cannot make a good point. If you had just admitted that you made a mistake at the start it would have made you look like a nice person.

I'm glad you're done, I really am. You've failed to see the point throughout every interaction I've had with you. I've clearly being mocking you (in a light hearted manner, not mean spirited) . Look through others peoples responses and my responses to them. We've ribbed each other whilst still being courteous.

You took a position of self imposed, self entitled, moral authority to a harmless, fun video. You then kept the same hard nosed ridiculous stance throughout. Get real, or better yet keep that attitude and take it into the real world and see how long it takes before your attitude changes or made to change. As I've said on every response or nearly every response, LIGHTEN UP.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:59 am

You took it seriously enough to bother lying about the title edit, so the whole "lighten up" thing doesn't really gel. You posted a joke that fell flat for reasons that have been pointed out, and instead of learning from it you chose to reinforce people's view of you as a dishonest troll. Whatever your original intentions, you've only kept digging since.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby SPG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: You took it seriously enough to bother lying about the title edit, so the whole "lighten up" thing doesn't really gel. You posted a joke that fell flat for reasons that have been pointed out, and instead of learning from it you chose to reinforce people's view of you as a dishonest troll. Whatever your original intentions, you've only kept digging since.

Not once did I 'lie' about the title. I egged on BlueCreeperBoy and had a bit of fun with him relating to the title. If you can't realize that then I don't have the time or patience to explain sarcasm or dry humor or light hearted mockery. If the joke fell flat with 'some' users on here then I don't care. I still find it funny as do the less serious, sticks up their **** users. Well done though at white knighting yourself for BlueCreeperBoy, I'm sure your friendship is cemented now. =D>
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm

My bad, I can see now that you're a reasonable adult who'd never try to retcon his actions to save face. ;-)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SPG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: My bad, I can see now that you're a reasonable adult who'd never try to retcon his actions to save face. ;-)

Revise not retcon. Retcon is used when discussing alterations to fictional places, people or things. I guess I'm a reasonable enough adult to know that difference. ;-)
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Retconning, revising history, call it what you like. :)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SPG » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who watched this video. In two weeks it has reached 1000 views. It is my first video to reach this milestone and I'm so happy about it. Thanks to everyone here who watched it and in that time I have had three new subscribers, so if they subscribed after watching/hearing about the video from here then thank you again. For a small channel each subscribers is gold.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Community Projects