A request, can someone make some scans for me?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: A request, can someone make some scans for me?

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 pm

WTF? I am not trying to bash people for being new to a forum but why is it so many of them the first thing they do is bump a topic years old. I honestly don't get it. :???:

Either way Welcome.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:22 pm

vinnypjr11 wrote:

sorry I don't own it. check the main website there might be a link to scans if not then make a request topic in the shenmue forums and if you're lucky someone might have them. it's been pretty calm recently so don't be surprised if no one answers
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Ryudo wrote: WTF? I am not trying to bash people for being new to a forum but why is it so many of them the first thing they do is bump a topic years old. I honestly don't get it. :???:

Either way Welcome.

on a lot of forums making a request topic as soon as you join usually gets you a lot of hate and people tell you to use the search feature. I'm guessing it's out of politeness more than anything that they try and find a specific topic by fear of attracting hate if they spam with new threads

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby vinnypjr11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 pm

sorry i just found this and did a search.

used to play the first one and beat it when i was like 10. always wanted to play the 2nd one but never had an xbox. recently a co-worker and i figured out we both had a weird obsession with this game and went on a mission to get the 2nd game with english dubs for the DC.

im itching to start it but really wanted the guide with visuals and such as a safety net. any help would be appreciated.

i apologize for the inconvenience and bumping an old thread but im just really excited about all of this
vinnypjr11
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 pm

going in to shenmue 2 blind is the best way of playing it. it focusses strongly on making you feel you are in an unknown environment pushing you to discover and wonder where you will go next and how you will earn money. by using a guide you will destroy a lot of the appeal the second game has
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby vinnypjr11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 pm

before i found out anything about this. i was trying to fill my void by reading about others experiences playing 2 and one person said it was the only game that really made them feel seriously depressed and an amazing simulation of being poor. when i read that i knew i had to play it. ill take your word for it and really appreciate your help and guidance. sorry again for any trouble. didn't mean to piss anyone off just really wanted to have something like i had when i was 10 with my shenmue 1 guide which kicked ass
vinnypjr11
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm

vinnypjr11 wrote:
i apologize for the inconvenience and bumping an old thread but im just really excited about all of this

None needed. Also we can always use more enthusiasm for Shenmue around here. ;-)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 pm

vinnypjr11 wrote:before i found out anything about this. i was trying to fill my void by reading about others experiences playing 2 and one person said it was the only game that really made them feel seriously depressed and an amazing simulation of being poor. when i read that i knew i had to play it. ill take your word for it and really appreciate your help and guidance. sorry again for any trouble. didn't mean to piss anyone off just really wanted to have something like i had when i was 10 with my shenmue 1 guide which kicked ass

I don't think you pissed anyone off, stick around and let us know what your experience with the second game is once completed. use a guide for the second play through to discover all the secrets if needed but the first one really is about being lost in the big city and discovering something very foreign from the first game so you really wouldn't be getting the full experience while using a guide ;-)
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby vinnypjr11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Ryudo wrote:
vinnypjr11 wrote:

None needed. Also we can always use more enthusiasm for Shenmue around here. ;-)

reddit also has a strong community and following thats how i found out about this place

vinnypjr11 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
vinnypjr11
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby vinnypjr11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 pm

south carmain wrote:
vinnypjr11 wrote:before i found out anything about this. i was trying to fill my void by reading about others experiences playing 2 and one person said it was the only game that really made them feel seriously depressed and an amazing simulation of being poor. when i read that i knew i had to play it. ill take your word for it and really appreciate your help and guidance. sorry again for any trouble. didn't mean to piss anyone off just really wanted to have something like i had when i was 10 with my shenmue 1 guide which kicked ass

I don't think you pissed anyone off, stick around and let us know what your experience with the second game is once completed. use a guide for the second play through to discover all the secrets if needed but the first one really is about being lost in the big city and discovering something very foreign from the first game so you really wouldn't be getting the full experience while using a guide ;-)

no doubt again really appreciate your advice ill stick to it!
vinnypjr11
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Previous

Return to Shenmue II