Secrets and Easter Eggs

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Secrets and Easter Eggs

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Well it could still be Ren. He betrays Ryo but they become friends. Doesn't she say she sometimes has trouble reading them properly?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby dreamcast » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:40 am

THANK YOU.
dreamcast
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby johnvivant » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:58 am

I've been meaning to say something in regards to the fortune tellers for while but I kept forgetting.
I did a complete play through of shen 2 again in around January and purposefully went to all the fortune tellers directly before any action that progressed the story. I was unable to find this 'a friend will become and enemy' fortune.

the closest I found was if you go the chun li (forgot her name) fortune teller just before you go to the man mo park ambush, she will tell you something like 'an enemy is waiting but a friend will also be present'. that's not the exact quote, but clearly it is referring the yellowheads who ambush you as the 'enemy' and xiuying as the 'friend' who saves you if you fail the battle.

there was an interesting fortune that I found which I couldn't make an sense of in terms of the events of the game and it occurred in the early part of Kowloon - cant remember the exact time but I think its while waiting to do something. again if you go to the chun li fortune teller she says 'the scars on your hand will have an ill effect on your future journey' ryo then replies with an 'I know'.
which I thought was strange.

by scars on his hand is she referring to just to his hand lines/wrinkles or to actual scars (if so then I didn't know ryo had scars on his hands). and what is this 'ill effect' in the future that ryo seems to know about.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fenix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:20 am

I maybe had a mistake hmm... But I'm still sure that I got the reading. The fortune teller was in Wan Chai. My savegame was in February I think. It took me a long time to finish Shenmue because I upgraded all techniques at full level but I don't think the date can change the prediction.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby drunkensailor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:21 pm

ok you still have that savegame?
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Supa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:28 am

After all of these years, I am finally working on a complete file, and just beat the penguin in the duck races! Woo!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:40 am

Did you know you can stay up past curfew when you're meeting Ren at the warehouse where Yuan is, and through the chase to the construction site? I stayed up until 3 am. It was weird. The three ladies were still sitting outside Pigeon Cafe.

TwiceFriedRice has received 3 thanks from: Miles Prower, Sonne2, Supa
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:09 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Did you know you can stay up past curfew when you're meeting Ren at the warehouse where Yuan is, and through the chase to the construction site? I stayed up until 3 am. It was weird. The three ladies were still sitting outside Pigeon Cafe.

Wow, never knew that. I've just started a new playthrough so I'll have to check that out :)
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 am

I did this once while trying to push the boundaries of what you can do. I think there were multiple steps where Ryo goes to the next location on it's own. It's kinda funny how the shops stay open and the npcs stay out all the time. Makes you miss the more meaningful time system in Shenmue sometimes.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:40 am

Supa wrote: *snip*
Disc Extras
Insert any of the Shenmue II Dreamcast discs into a CD - Player and you will hear a warning.
Disc I:
Disc II:
Disc III:
Disc IV:

Put any of the Shenmue II discs into a computer and you will get:
Disc I: VMU Icons
Disc II: Character Info, Art
Disc III: CG Art, Wallpapers
Disc IV: Trailers
*snip*
^^ :king: absolutely wasn't aware of that...
so i've expanded the extras from my PAL-EUR retail copy of shenmue II and uploaded them to my mediaslag account right HERE for the dojo to take a stab at! (.7z. 22.7m, expanded 25.1m)
appreciate the tip-off.
thanks again! :P
General Hospital [syncopix] 8)
phpBB [video]
[edit]
directories were listed as 'OMAKE' at the root of each disk, so i've renamed them to reflect the disk expanded from to prevent any overwrite. (OMAKE 1 - 4)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:14 pm

I just now also found the Dural, Silver, and Bronze rooms in the Thousand White Building. Also just found the Lucky Hit stands on the top floors of the Moon Child Building. I've been playing the $1 bet x 500 odds "Perfect" board non-stop.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Supa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:47 pm

I never got into Lucky Hit much. I worked at them a few times before I found out about gambling at the $500 Big Or Small tables, but never played much. Is it worth it to play the $500 Lucky Hit board, to make a lot of money?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Supa wrote: I never got into Lucky Hit much. I worked at them a few times before I found out about gambling at the $500 Big Or Small tables, but never played much. Is it worth it to play the $500 Lucky Hit board, to make a lot of money?

by far the easiest was to make money is to go to the 'Old Government Office Site' in kowloon which is down the steps just beyond 'three birds building'

there is a guy just to your right as you enter running a game of 'big and small/wai sik' max bet $1000

just keep betting $1000 and selecting 'wai sik'. keep restarting the console if you lose
to soft reset:
xbox - hold start and back together
dreamcast hold x,y,b,a and start together

i've made $100's of thousands doing this repeatedly. its a good way of gaining the money to buy the slot house tokens and get the certificates.

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Supa
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:23 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I just now also found the Dural, Silver, and Bronze rooms in the Thousand White Building.

I was just exploring and also came across the Dural room, I think this is only the second time I've been there. :-k
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Supa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:35 am

johnvivant wrote:
Supa wrote: I never got into Lucky Hit much. I worked at them a few times before I found out about gambling at the $500 Big Or Small tables, but never played much. Is it worth it to play the $500 Lucky Hit board, to make a lot of money?

by far the easiest was to make money is to go to the 'Old Government Office Site' in kowloon which is down the steps just beyond 'three birds building'

there is a guy just to your right as you enter running a game of 'big and small/wai sik' max bet $1000

just keep betting $1000 and selecting 'wai sik'. keep restarting the console if you lose
to soft reset:
xbox - hold start and back together
dreamcast hold x,y,b,a and start together

i've made $100's of thousands doing this repeatedly. its a good way of gaining the money to buy the slot house tokens and get the certificates.

I thought it was easier to get them in Hong Kong, so I did all of my betting at the Green Market Quarter's $500 stall. Oh well. I now have all of the slot certificates!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II