Master Baihu

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby weber » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:35 pm

In some way i believe if ren DIDN'T Attack the Scout, I reckon the test would have to try beat Baihu... Why else would anyone want to come to the bottom of a building where you would Definately end up getting Hurt/Killed?
I have read through this topic. So im sorry if i missed this In other posts
weber
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:45 am

weber wrote:In some way i believe if ren DIDN'T Attack the Scout, I reckon the test would have to try beat Baihu... Why else would anyone want to come to the bottom of a building where you would Definately end up getting Hurt/Killed?
I have read through this topic. So im sorry if i missed this In other posts

That's fine, that was always my thinking of it too-why else would they show Baihu fighting that guy in the wifebeater when you first go down to the basement?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Weils » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:14 am

Mittens II wrote:I don't think he's a member of the Chi-You Men, he may be affilated with them somehow though. Another thing, iread here and skip to the stuff on the white leaf and elixir of eternal youth. I reckon Baihu could be the martial arts expert Iwao got it off. I know it's a flawed theory, as he would probably have remembered the name Hazuki.

Baihu is loosely affiliated with Chiyoumen, which I believe that he's a high-ranking member of Yellowhead (since he's located underneath Yellow Sky Building). But I don't think he's one of the 4 Heavenly Kings at all.

For those who know about Chinese mythology, the name Bai Hu (Byakko in Japanese) is one of 4 Heavenly Creatures. The 3 best fighters in Kowloon area where Ryo has to take on one by one are also designated as each of the remaining 3 Heavenly Creatures. Rod Stunt (Suzaku in Japanese, Zhu Que in Chinese), Greg More (Seiryu in Japanese, Qing Long in Chinese) and lastly Chunyan Xu (Genbu in Japanese, Xuan Wu in Chinese).

These three fighters use their real names but they each represent 3 of the Heavenly Creatures. Baihu is an exception that he uses this title and we do not know his real name.
Weils
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Bayonetta 1+2

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:43 pm

Weils wrote:Baihu is loosely affiliated with Chiyoumen, which I believe that he's a high-ranking member of Yellowhead (since he's located underneath Yellow Sky Building). But I don't think he's one of the 4 Heavenly Kings at all.

For those who know about Chinese mythology, the name Bai Hu (Byakko in Japanese) is one of 4 Heavenly Creatures. The 3 best fighters in Kowloon area where Ryo has to take on one by one are also designated as each of the remaining 3 Heavenly Creatures. Rod Stunt (Suzaku in Japanese, Zhu Que in Chinese), Greg More (Seiryu in Japanese, Qing Long in Chinese) and lastly Chunyan Xu (Genbu in Japanese, Xuan Wu in Chinese).

These three fighters use their real names but they each represent 3 of the Heavenly Creatures. Baihu is an exception that he uses this title and we do not know his real name.

Your calling "Yellow Head Bldg." "Yellow Sky Bldg." made me smile. Because, only those who
can read Kanji would make that kind of mistake. Now, you've proven you can read Kanji. ;)

Anyway, if you know Kanji and the mythology, you can see the name of the area where each
fighter is located represents the color of each direction, can't you?

Rod = red (south), Greg = blue (east), Chunyan = black (north), Baihu = white (west)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby weber » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Baihu has the Tiger Swallow Style. Only Person in the game we know has it is Sunming Zhao and Lan di. I reckon we shall see the rest of the people Kiyuu Posted on the family tree thing with the People that know TSS
weber
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ToL » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 pm

Just me or did anyone else think Chunyan was one hot piece of ass?
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby weber » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:26 pm

She was ^_^ hehe
weber
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re:

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:40 pm

Bobs Pizza wrote:
KoroshiyaIchi wrote:
- Guizhang Chen - wrote:Master Baihu translates to Master White Tiger...... i wonder if it means anything in terms of the ranking or people in the chiyoumen.

There is some significance between Master Baihu and the Chi You Men. Remember the rankings? The heavenly beasts?

Heavenly Emperor - Tentei
Black Tortoise - ???
Blue Dragon - Lan Di
Red Phoenix - Niao Sun
White Tiger - ...is said to be Ziming Hong, but with Master Baihu translating to 'White Tiger'?? Maybe Master Baihu is part of the Chi You Men afterall, but what about Ziming?

i dunno if anyone has sugggested this yet but maybe Master Baihu is Ziming?

sorry if some one already has i cant be arsed to read it all

yes I did and although not many people seem to think this is true I have yet to hear a good explanation of why he wouldn't be ziming. his facial shape is even similar.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Re: Master Baihu

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 am

Nice bump....

Not Ziming because the comic from the Xbox version briefly shows him.

Baihu was just another street fighter till late on in the development.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Master Baihu

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:32 pm

I think the reason Baihu looks so out of place is that he was supposed to be in a different location initially, but when that segment of the game was cut (the original Chapter 4? There are 4 fighters on that concept art picture, but one does look like Lan Di...) they decided to keep him because they liked the design and look of the character. Realising it wouldn't make sense for him to be a street fighter (hence the discarded photo data that was found on Shenmue IIX) he was put in the basement instead. Weber's theory about him being the initial test if Ren didn't beat up the scout makes sense as well.

Amir has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Previous

Return to Shenmue II