(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Shenmue 2 - Game Informer Super Replay

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:40 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
GYO6161 wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: My favorite reaction so far

If Shenmue HD is a thing, i bet theres gonna be alot of this, modern gamers nowadays aren't the brightest sadly

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one tired of this circlejerk of "Modern gamers are too mentally impaired to get through a true work of art, compared to those deep thinking old school gamers. Oh please, allow me to take another sip of wine and adjust my monocle."

you're definitely not alone. the gaming industry has never been better than now and people are more diverse and interested in games than ever. I'm sure 90% of the complaining elitists here don't even own a ps4.

Bigger doesn't always mean better, sure the gaming industry is very popular now but that comes with a lot of cons there's more mass audience to appeal to which means less unique gaming and more copying and cloning the most popular games on the market which means more generic games and less unique, niche games. Games are rediculously easier now than they were before which is why many modern gamers who play games like Shenmue nearly have a panick attacks when they don't have a map and way point. Even though it has a map but because the map is more interactive and you actually have to use it, and think about your next step they dismiss it.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:42 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:
DoubleO_Ren wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
GYO6161 wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: My favorite reaction so far

If Shenmue HD is a thing, i bet theres gonna be alot of this, modern gamers nowadays aren't the brightest sadly

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one tired of this circlejerk of "Modern gamers are too mentally impaired to get through a true work of art, compared to those deep thinking old school gamers. Oh please, allow me to take another sip of wine and adjust my monocle."

you're definitely not alone. the gaming industry has never been better than now and people are more diverse and interested in games than ever. I'm sure 90% of the complaining elitists here don't even own a ps4.

Bigger doesn't always mean better, sure the gaming industry is very popular now but that comes with a lot of cons there's more mass audience to appeal to which means less unique gaming and more copying and cloning the most popular games on the market which means more generic games and less unique, niche games. Games are rediculously easier now than they were before which is why many modern gamers who play games like Shenmue nearly have a panick attacks when they don't have a map and way point. Even though it has a map but because the map is more interactive and you actually have to use it, and think about your next step they dismiss it.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby scarless landi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Episode 12

phpBB [video]
scarless landi
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sappharad » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Episode 13 was posted:
phpBB [video]
Sappharad

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:18 am

I didn't follow their playthrough since months but OMG, one full episode dedicated to farming. :rotflmao:
Tweet Corsi to get Shenmue I & II HD remaster !
https://twitter.com/giocorsi
Yokosuka
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sappharad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I didn't follow their playthrough since months but OMG, one full episode dedicated to farming. :rotflmao:

I kept watching, and actually managed to have 2 comments read during the series so far. It's sometimes painful to watch, they're so distracted at times and not actually paying attention to the game but those side conversations have contributed to me not giving up on watching them play.

They do seem to be having D-Pad issues, which is a shame because in the next episode (18 was most recent as of this post) they'll probably be doing the Ghost Hall building. I thought about leaving a comment recommending they skip half of it via entering from connected staircase in the Thousand White Bldg., but decided since I never did that on my first play-through it wouldn't be fair to give them the shortcut right away.

The most recent time I played I just used the map glitch to skip the planks altogether. :-\
Sappharad

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:52 pm

I watched all the videos I missed in a row. At least, they loved the duck easter egg and true this thing was brillant!
Can't wait for Ghost Hall Bldg.
Tweet Corsi to get Shenmue I & II HD remaster !
https://twitter.com/giocorsi
Yokosuka
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue II