How did they F the Xbox port so badly?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: How did they F the Xbox port so badly?

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:40 pm

I never had a problem with the dub back in the day (and just through affiliation, I still don't now) but after becoming accustomed to Japanese voices in Yakuza games, I hope there are Japanese voices with subtitles available in the English version of Shenmue 3..

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm

My brother has had a copy of the XBox release since 2004, and not once have I ever played it. I never recalled touching his XBox and I have never played 360 or One LOL
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Jerid'sRamenShop » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Also, I don't think Shenmue is a simple revenge story. It starts off as one but as the plot evolves, whith the introduction of characters such as Xiuying, Ren and Shenhue it evolves into so much more depth.

Wait what? Ryo's father dies and he is out for revenge!? :shock: I thought this was about a black car almost running over a kitten... :oops:

I know most of us are fan boys, but XBOX was not that bad of a game and as the video on this very thread shows, better in some ways and not so much in others. I was in Japan not too long ago and actually had the chance to pick up the original in Japanese and for some odd reason I did not and I did not even think about the second game either. ](*,)
Jerid'sRamenShop
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby BalHan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 am

The audio in a few cutscenes of my copy of Shenmue IIx is out of sync and I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. Is this an issue with all copies or just the one I own?
BalHan
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby south carmain » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 am

BalHan wrote: The audio in a few cutscenes of my copy of Shenmue IIx is out of sync and I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. Is this an issue with all copies or just the one I own?

I never had that issue on the original xbox. i have heard that it is an issue when playing on the 360 though.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 am

BalHan wrote: The audio in a few cutscenes of my copy of Shenmue IIx is out of sync and I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. Is this an issue with all copies or just the one I own?

This happened to me on the Xbox. Change your AV settings to 60Hz, that'll fix it.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby BalHan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Is that when you're given the option of selecting either 50hz or 60hz at the beginning? I play the game in 60hz but the audio sync problem is only in a few cutscenes and I play the game on the original Xbox.
BalHan

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:03 pm

BalHan wrote: Is that when you're given the option of selecting either 50hz or 60hz at the beginning? I play the game in 60hz but the audio sync problem is only in a few cutscenes and I play the game on the original Xbox.

Change it in the Xbox system settings. The audio lapse messes up some pretty important cutscenes.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby BalHan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:33 am

Thank you.
BalHan

Postby ProjektHate » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Objective improvements in the Xbox version: Steady 30fps, anti-aliasing, mip-mapping, stencil shading, real-time environmental shadows, higher poly count and textures for main characters, SIGNIFICANTLY faster load times, night time bloom lighting.

Things not so great in the Xbox version: English VO (some people prefer it, though), daytime bloom lighting, motion blur

Overall, I feel the Xbox version is superior, at least from a technical perspective. The only things that bring it down a bit for me are the bloom lighting during the day, the motion blur during fights, and no option for the Japanese audio track.

ProjektHate has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, VukBZ2005
ProjektHate

PSN: ProjektH8
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: KotOR

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:18 pm

punkmanced wrote: Shenmue’s voice acting is legendary…in terms of being shit.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is better

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I just found out that the voice actor for Master Chen in Shenmue also played Death in Symphony of the Night. And, the man who played Cool Z also played Alucard. I found it interesting.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Previous

Return to Shenmue II