Shenmue 1 save

(Chapters 3-6)

Shenmue 1 save

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:10 am

Ok, I have an american Shenmue 1 save. How do I start off my wuropean shenmue II game with this save? I know its possible because I saw a way on how to do it a while ago but I couldnt because I didnt have a dreamcast compatible e-mail account.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zuming007 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:47 am

Follow this guide right here. It should give you all the answers that you need. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/shenmue_us_uk_save.txt :)
Zuming007
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:23 pm

Thanks, I just did it and I found out I didnt get much items in the first Shenmue. I had a crapload of money though, to bad its going to get stolen. :?
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby XXXboX » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:17 pm

Fr0zen wrote:I had a crapload of money though, to bad its going to get stolen. :?

buy lighters from stalls with your money then when your bag gets stolen they only steal money! you can then trade your lighters for money at the pawnshops!

;)
XXXboX
Master of the Three Blades

Postby asnozz » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:32 pm

yeah at the entrence market! u can also get models from vending machine thingys that can be trded in for money later! hmmm im saying obvious stuff............- shut up andy!
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:12 pm

Yea, I tried getting my money back at pawnshops but I got tired oftrying to find the best paying ones. Also you dont get all your money back.

I usually try gambling to get my money back. Playing Big or Small gives me huge money when I bet on cow (one time I got 8000 HK) but its a, uhh... gamble.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby XXXboX » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:41 pm

you can $20 a lighter at most of the Pawnshops! The best paying ones are in Kowloon! Especially if you have a whole set! You dont need any money til you get to kowloon anyway! The guy at the Yan Tin apartments will give you the info about master tao if you keep knocking on his door and you just dont pay Ren Dan at the come over guest house! He never catches up with you and the only benefit you get from giving him money is advice which if you help the guy get his sign strait then he gives you the most help anyway!
XXXboX

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:03 pm

Hmm... really.... I never pawned that many zippos. Aignt, I'm about to spend all my money I just won on gambling (currently I have around $1500 HK) and buy zippos. :)
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby XXXboX » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:21 am

If you want the whole set visit the woman selling them who is near enough as soon as you get off the boat! And also visit the stall in Pigeon Park! Id recommend only buy 1 full set tho! So only buy 1 Rose Zippo & 1 Helm Zippo! As these are only worth $2 each unless they are part of a set!
XXXboX

Postby Silas » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:34 am

Avoid "Zuppo" lighters (they have Zuppo on the front of them so you can tell). Zippos can be sold for $35 in at least one Wan Chai pawn shop, just can't remember which one. So $1500 will translate to 30 lighters, which you can then sell for $1,050. Which is a whole lotta better than nothing!

However! there comes a point when you will need to get $500, but it's important that you don't have the money at that point. Then go to where you first get work, and after work your colleague will show you a brilliant new move. After that you can get your money back by selling the lighters.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue II