NOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Postby QWERTY » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Have you tried shoving it up your arse? Thats what I'd do.

In fact, I have a plethora of varying items rammed up my rusty sheriff's badge at this very moment in time...

3 lollipops
A copy of last October's National Geographic
A HB pencil
Susan Boyle's debut album
...and a partridge in a pear tree.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby LongsunZhao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 pm

So many misconceptions when cleaning discs.

First off, you can use water to clean them. Just not hot or cold water, use warm water because the temperature changes will warp the disc. Water itself won't hurt it. Secondly, you can use a bunch of cleaning solutions, including white toothpaste, dish soap (clear), Windex, pretty much any cleaning material that lacks dyes or abrasives.

Now you take a 100% cotton soft fabric cloth or disc cloth and clean in straight lines starting at the inner ring, moving outwards to the outer edge. Cleaning in circles will create microscopic scratches or cellophane displacement.

I use to work at a Gamestop with my roomate and people came in with these questions all the time.
Last edited by LongsunZhao on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtual On: OT

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 pm

^ you worked there also?
I worked there as a manager and I loath that place. I boycott it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LongsunZhao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Ryudo wrote:^ you worked there also?
I worked there as a manager and I loath that place. I boycott it.

Hai, they are a superpower that commits genocide on the smaller game distributer shops. I ended up 'boycotting' in my own way. :twisted:
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Indeed more support for local shops.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LongsunZhao » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Ryudo wrote:Indeed more support for local shops.

We have 2 Gamestops in town (one is EB Games, which is owned by GS) and the Gamestop itself is occupying a building that once had a retro game store. I worked at the retro store for a year, then they changed to Gamestop and employed me there. I felt like a Nazi.
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby nagn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

can't you like return it or something

shenmue 2 is cheap as hell D:
nagn
Master of the Three Blades

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 am

angelsdarkside wrote:Brought shenmue 2x just befor xmas to play on the 360 and been playing it when i have the time.So today i finaly finished the yellow head building and the cut scene for the boat ride to Guilin started then it said "DISK ERROR" o how i hate you stupide disk!! so now i cant finish the game even tho im sooooo close :sad: il just have to watch the end part on youtube :sad: anywho rant over for today.

Buy some disc cleaner my friend, or just buy a new copy* it shouldn't be pricey*(of course it won't be) I'm beginning to think that the Xbox 360 backwards compatibility isn't even suited right, my 360 marks up my original xbox games every time I play for a good 30 minutes. :sad:
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby nl4m » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:18 am

1. Try a disc cleaner.
2. Try playing the game on another Xbox. Even if you have to swap the HDD's. It just might be the Xbox thats the problem.
3. See if you can replace the disc.
4. You can always download <deleted not to remote illegal activities>. :-$
nl4m

Postby Fenix » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:59 am

You can repair the disc bringing it to a shop that has a polish machine for CD.

I repaired 2 HIGHLY SCRATCHED soul calibur, 1 Tokyo Xtreme Racer and Vf3. Now they work perfectly. It cost me 10€ (about 13$) per game and sure you can make it cheaper. These tools are very very useful and they can cost more than 5000$ so imagine if they make their work.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:55 am

*Kenshin Himura* wrote:
angelsdarkside wrote:Brought shenmue 2x just befor xmas to play on the 360 and been playing it when i have the time.So today i finaly finished the yellow head building and the cut scene for the boat ride to Guilin started then it said "DISK ERROR" o how i hate you stupide disk!! so now i cant finish the game even tho im sooooo close :sad: il just have to watch the end part on youtube :sad: anywho rant over for today.

Buy some disc cleaner my friend, or just buy a new copy* it shouldn't be pricey*(of course it won't be) I'm beginning to think that the Xbox 360 backwards compatibility isn't even suited right, my 360 marks up my original xbox games every time I play for a good 30 minutes. :sad:

shenmue 2 isnt fully compatible, they say there will allways be some problems when you play on the 360
Fenix wrote:You can repair the disc bringing it to a shop that has a polish machine for CD.

I repaired 2 HIGHLY SCRATCHED soul calibur, 1 Tokyo Xtreme Racer and Vf3. Now they work perfectly. It cost me 10€ (about 13$) per game and sure you can make it cheaper. These tools are very very useful and they can cost more than 5000$ so imagine if they make their work.

thats expensive, in france it was only 5€
Panda_rapist

Postby Hi2per » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:38 pm

I use polishing paste for plexi. You just have to polish in one direction. It works fine ;)
Hi2per
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue II again...

Postby Fenix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:35 am

TheGboyKing wrote:thats expensive, in france it was only 5€

Did I said 10€ per game? Sorry... Mistake.. It was 5€! as you but still expensive because Spain is a cheaper country.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Wish there were shops with that kind of services around, bearing in mind I buy some second hand games and many persons are just terrible about taking care of their discs.

Water is fine.
The toothpaste trick works, but sometimes it will make your disc function for a limited period of time only. Then you have to repeat the process, and if you keep repeating it ad infinitum it will damage the disc beyond repair.
Never clean any disc in circular movements. Always from the center to the edge in soft, straight motions.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Panda_rapist » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:25 pm

after reading the amount of contradictions i dont think he's gonna listen to any of us
i know i wouldnt
Panda_rapist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II