Just completed Shenmue 2!

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Just completed Shenmue 2!

Postby nl4m » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:49 am

^ And all the children have been orphaned from Lan Di, to Ryo, To Shanhua, to Fangmei, to Lee Sha Tao...
nl4m
Master of the Three Blades

Postby LongsunZhao » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 am

nagn wrote:
LongsunZhao wrote:
TheGboyKing wrote:
LongsunZhao wrote:
TheGboyKing wrote:
LongsunZhao wrote:
nl4m wrote:^Yeah, he's right. If you want to read them you can look here:
http://shenmuedojo.net/new/story/sidestorycomics.html

Don't forget when Chai pops out again in Hong Kong, then again in Kowloon, and then again in Guilin. Damn fuck won't die. :-k

:?:

I was kidding. It's just funny how Chai always pops up even when you think he's dead. Kinda like Jason Voorhees or Freddy Krueger.

meh, except iwao no one die's in shenmue :lol:

Very true man. I think Mark's brother is dead, but that's another story.

Landi's dad is dead too...

Like I said, that's another story. Gboy is correct when he says no one dies in Shenmue. However, in Shenmue 2 at least one person does die, right in front of Ryo.
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtual On: OT

Postby Lawtowler » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:57 am

So I have just finished my complete shenmue playthrough and its all so fresh on the brain again!

I know so many potential explanations for the ending have been discussed but mine is:

Ryo and Shenhua ARE bro and sis (at least half bro and sis)

Iwao is their dad

Iwao left Shenhua in china, reason unknown maybe to do with zhao summing.

The reason for the letter and the giant mirrors is iwao wrote to shenhuas 'dad' warning him that he expects to be killed by Lan Di. This gives shenhuas dad the time to realise that ryo will arrive in Guilin and meet Shenhua.
He decides that he must leave to let ryo and Shenhua start their journey.

It doesn't explain the birds disappearance and the cave door being unlocked but I think there is a separate explanation for that. Maybe the chiyoumens presence close by.

Its very likely that we will never know :(
Lawtowler
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: lawtowler
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 am

Lawtowler wrote:So I have just finished my complete shenmue playthrough and its all so fresh on the brain again!

I know so many potential explanations for the ending have been discussed but mine is:

Ryo and Shenhua ARE bro and sis (at least half bro and sis)

Iwao is their dad

Iwao left Shenhua in china, reason unknown maybe to do with zhao summing.

The reason for the letter and the giant mirrors is iwao wrote to shenhuas 'dad' warning him that he expects to be killed by Lan Di. This gives shenhuas dad the time to realise that ryo will arrive in Guilin and meet Shenhua.
He decides that he must leave to let ryo and Shenhua start their journey.

It doesn't explain the birds disappearance and the cave door being unlocked but I think there is a separate explanation for that. Maybe the chiyoumens presence close by.

Its very likely that we will never know :(

that also doesnt explain why they show us shenhua's real parents and are clearly both chinesee :???:
Panda_rapist

Postby Lawtowler » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 am

I guess.. I do think there must be a link somewhere between Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di and Xiuying. They all lost their parents in controversial ways.
Lawtowler

PSN: lawtowler
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 am

Lawtowler wrote:I guess.. I do think there must be a link somewhere between Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di and Xiuying. They all lost their parents in controversial ways.

the mirrors maybe?
Panda_rapist

Postby LongsunZhao » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:
Lawtowler wrote:I guess.. I do think there must be a link somewhere between Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di and Xiuying. They all lost their parents in controversial ways.

the mirrors maybe?

This is why I respect you Gboy, logic doesn't escape you like many others. =D>
LongsunZhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtual On: OT

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:32 pm

LongsunZhao wrote:
TheGboyKing wrote:

the mirrors maybe?

This is why I respect you Gboy, logic doesn't escape you like many others. =D>

why thank you kind sir \:D/
Panda_rapist

Postby Hi2per » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:59 pm

The bird dissaparence is cleary because of evil (I suppose Lan Di and the Chiyoumens - indeed they had one day advantage of Ryo). I do not believe that that Ryu and Shenhua are brother and sister. As Gboy says, the parents of Shenhua are cleary chinese. The only thing that connects them all together are the mirrors. I think that Iwao and Lan Di were friends and in a journey to Guilin they've found the mirrors. Lan Di wanted to use the mirrors to do the evil and Iwao not. So Iwao escaped with the mirrors to Japan. Shenhua has to be a kinnda of daughter of the chinese aristocracy - look like her parents are dressed when they are under the Shenmue tree -, she knows to much about the village history (but even she doesn't know that or do not want to tell that to Ryo). Anyway, we just can suspect, suppose, etc, till there's no Shenmue III.
Hi2per
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue II again...

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi2per wrote:The bird dissaparence is cleary because of evil (I suppose Lan Di and the Chiyoumens - indeed they had one day advantage of Ryo). I do not believe that that Ryu and Shenhua are brother and sister. As Gboy says, the parents of Shenhua are cleary chinese. The only thing that connects them all together are the mirrors. I think that Iwao and Lan Di were friends and in a journey to Guilin they've found the mirrors. Lan Di wanted to use the mirrors to do the evil and Iwao not. So Iwao escaped with the mirrors to Japan. Shenhua has to be a kinnda of daughter of the chinese aristocracy - look like her parents are dressed when they are under the Shenmue tree -, she knows to much about the village history (but even she doesn't know that or do not want to tell that to Ryo). Anyway, we just can suspect, suppose, etc, till there's no Shenmue III.

you mean lan di's father right, because yes they were friends
Panda_rapist

Postby Hi2per » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 pm

TheGboyKing wrote:
Hi2per wrote:The bird dissaparence is cleary because of evil (I suppose Lan Di and the Chiyoumens - indeed they had one day advantage of Ryo). I do not believe that that Ryu and Shenhua are brother and sister. As Gboy says, the parents of Shenhua are cleary chinese. The only thing that connects them all together are the mirrors. I think that Iwao and Lan Di were friends and in a journey to Guilin they've found the mirrors. Lan Di wanted to use the mirrors to do the evil and Iwao not. So Iwao escaped with the mirrors to Japan. Shenhua has to be a kinnda of daughter of the chinese aristocracy - look like her parents are dressed when they are under the Shenmue tree -, she knows to much about the village history (but even she doesn't know that or do not want to tell that to Ryo). Anyway, we just can suspect, suppose, etc, till there's no Shenmue III.

you mean lan di's father right, because yes they were friends

Yeah. Thank's for correcting me ;)
Hi2per
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hi2per » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Anyway they cannot be brother and sister, cause Ryo is 18 and Shenhua is 16, and Iwao didn't travel to China since he escaped/left with the mirrors.
Hi2per
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby nl4m » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 am

Hi2per wrote:Lan Di wanted to use the mirrors to do the evil and Iwao not.

At first, I thought that the mirror's were somehow magical. Zhu tells us that it is just a treasure. By "treasure" I think he meant gold. I don't think a super power could be called a "treasure". So far, aside from Ryo dreaming of a girl he has yet to meet, nothing magical happens. Which leads me to believe that nothing magical will happen. There is no evil force to control. If it is gold how much evil can Lan Di or his father do with it?

@Hi2per: That might be the reason Iwao killed Lan Di's father. Over the treasure?
nl4m

Postby nagn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:53 am

nl4m wrote:

At first, I thought that the mirror's were somehow magical. Zhu tells us that it is just a treasure. By "treasure" I think he meant gold. I don't think a super power could be called a "treasure". So far, aside from Ryo dreaming of a girl he has yet to meet, nothing magical happens. Which leads me to believe that nothing magical will happen. There is no evil force to control. If it is gold how much evil can Lan Di or his father do with it?

@Hi2per: That might be the reason Iwao killed Lan Di's father. Over the treasure?

lol what you can tell it's going to implement magic right from the end of shenmue 2

how else are you going to explain those magic light things that float above the mirrors which points to the big dipper?

The "Treasure" could be anything really, for all we know it's just Ryo's dead mom's pantyhose
nagn

Postby Hi2per » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 am

nl4m wrote:

I believe that's something magical. Just watch the final scene of Shenmue II. Also in the Project Berkley video you can see that Shenhua has some kind of magical powers.

Shenmue II Final Scene:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-83TSQ-xE[/youtube]

Project Berkley:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNhXdAkHQ98[/youtube]
Hi2per
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II