Chungking Mansions

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Chungking Mansions

Postby chris1986 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:52 am

Yeah i stumbled upon this video a couple years ago when looking for wall city videos.

its kind of amazing how one thing can lead to another, since i didn't know of the kowloon wall city at all, and the way i found out about it properly is because of the lack of police in shenmue, i thought, Yellow head? gambling, gangs ruling the streets, where does this shit go on without the police being present?? so when i searched for the kowloon walled city online the answers make sense, as the police wouldnt enter the place so that cleared up one thing. let alone that it was even a real place!

the conclusion is that im even more fascinated in it than the shenmue game itself!

i did however feel a bit let down when i was talking to one guy at my workplace who came from hong kong, i had to mention the walled city to him one time, and he didnt know what i was on about at first, but he knew what i meant when i called it gau lon hak nam (lol), he asked why i liked it, it was a filthy place with rats and diseases, but i told him i wouldnt want to actually go there, but how it was interesting overall, he said if i went there they'd 'cut me into little pieces' or something along those lines....thats the part that let me down btw, not very nice i guess. lol
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Previous

Return to Shenmue II