Master Baihu

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby AzN.Homeboy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:41 pm

tau wrote:I agree.
I think the "Hazuki... I'll remember that name..." was just a cliched line from old-school kung-fu movies, but it doesn't really mean anything.

But old Mr. Suzuki-san really likes foreshadowing. After I played Shenmue II things all over the place in Shenmue I stuck out. For example, one of the scrolls in the Hazuki house reads "Keep your mind as clear as a polished mirror". Sounds familiar, eh?

Anyways, given Yu Suzuki's tendencies and the fact that Baihu didn't die leads me to believe that he'll show up again. As for how big of a role he'll end up playing... I don't have a clue.
AzN.Homeboy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JalceW » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:30 pm

I think B-Man said it best quite a while back, describing that line as "a show of respect for a superior warrior". To be honest I don't know why so much has been made of it - indeed, Rod Stunt's parting shot to Ryo is far more indicative of a potential rematch.

Looking at Baihu's character (or what little of it we were able to see in Shenmue II), I can't think of a reason why he should cross swords with Ryo again. Unlike, say, Dou Niu or Chai, he never seemed concerned with thwarting Ryo for the sake of serving the Chiyoumen - rather, he was preoccupied only with finding a worthy opponent who could challenge his abilities. Having found that opponent in Ryo, and having lost with dignity, is it really likely that he'll be after his blood in the future?

To my mind, the best he'll get in a future Shenmue installment will be a flashback, and that'll probably be concerned with his fighting style rather than his character.
JalceW
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby KiD » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:48 am

If Master Baihu does return, I think it will be to help Ryo rather than hinder him
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Skillz » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:22 am

But old Mr. Suzuki-san really likes foreshadowing. After I played Shenmue II things all over the place in Shenmue I stuck out. For example, one of the scrolls in the Hazuki house reads "Keep your mind as clear as a polished mirror". Sounds familiar, eh?

Anyways, given Yu Suzuki's tendencies and the fact that Baihu didn't die leads me to believe that he'll show up again. As for how big of a role he'll end up playing... I don't have a clue.

exactly ryo has respect for xuiying want to know why she is like the mother he never had she wants to help ryo and cares for him she reminds ryo of his dad.........

if those lines and words were in the hazuki house his father used them before and based, ryos training of of the hazuki style which is comprised of baji moves it seems whether he implimented them after he came back from china into the style or not... so basicly as ryos dad was teaching him the style of hazuki. he gave him life lessons and i bet he used those words before an dother sthat xuiying has used. that was a word i mean staement on a scroll in part 1 of shenmue. ryo probably is an idiot so blinded by revenge that he did not notice that his dad probaby was taught baji from her master or father. or whom ever taught...baji to him which i bet zhuming zhao know some of who knows. that makes alot of sense everythign we talk about it shows ryos ignorance and that there is a reason why she seems similar to someone he knows she resembles her father and the shit he taught him or was supposed to teach him... but paid the price of not telling him. evne so it would not stop him form going to china but atleast with a clear mind and when he heard those words he would b like hey those were my fathers words he has all sorts of scrols with your saying in hs house i tihnk his dad knew xuiyings master or parents or maybe evne more also.. ill post info on it. which i did. but ryo could sometimes be ignorant and this shows it.. i could hear the shit and understand hey i know those words and not be arrogant but still keep going on. but its what if? you get me. my two cents.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Miles Prower wrote:There are four; this was revealed on a picture posted on shenmue.com-
From left to right;
??? (seems to be a fairly old man)
Lan Di (obviously)
Niao Sun
Ziming?

Baihu does not seem to be one of the four leaders, but he is a fairly high ranking member of the Chi You Men.

old topic i know but i thought i would say, ive always thought that the old man is this guy....

Image ???
God i need Shenmue III :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Nine Dragons » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:06 pm

After finally beating Baihu,I hope I don't have to fight him again ... those Comman QTE's were just awful...
Nine Dragons
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:24 pm

i loved that fight..the fast QTE at the end was class....i would like to see him again in Shenmue III
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Teh Stooge » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:00 pm

thebestbit wrote:Image ???

It'd be funny if the old guy turn out to be Hanhui (only he went clean-shaven & Used a li'l "Just for Men" to get rid of the gray) No wonder he's such a subserviant li'l puss. Doesn't wanna arouse suspicion from Master Tao.

That hand looks just about like the one the strikes Xiuying in the Proj. Berk. video

thebestbit wrote:God i need Shenmue III :lol:

You & Me both, I want completely new nuances to discover (not that i'm bored finding 'em in Shenmue II)
Teh Stooge
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Ren-of-Heavens » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:44 am

I do think hell make a 2nd appearance. Amongst warriors, a good fight is everything to them. Back in the day of the samurai and around that time, when someone was beaten, they would always come back for a rematch for reasons concerning pride.

Since he knows tiger swallow style (and so did Lan Di's father) maybe theres a connection between them?

I know that he isnt part of the chiyoumen, i just think he was victor of all the yellow head fights.. like, standing champ for years.
Ren-of-Heavens
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Muzz » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:43 am

JoeyBassistDude wrote:by what he said about... "hazuki, i will remember that name" or whatever it would suggest we see him again but i really cant think what for, i think his part on ryos story is over!

i reckon when he sed that he means when maybe ryo is in trouble he will be there and will save him, in whatever position Ryo is caught up in.
Muzz

Postby layolas » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:16 pm

I dont think Baihu has a great significance altho he will probabbly appear in shenmue 3 with the exit he made in Shenmue 2.

And i dont think he is a high ranking member of the chiyoumen either---Ryo kicked his Ass. and im not saying Ryo does not have enough prowess but he's still young. Baihu must have trained for a far longer time sure, but he gets beat by some kid wearin a band-aid that seems stuck to his face.

Besides, Baihu was in the Dou nui's stronghold. why dosent Baihu have his own building? to top it of the scouter is most likely judges by using Baihu as a final opponent for new candidates for the chiyoumen-

Meaning baihu is probabbly some kind of initiation ''beat me and your in'' type member. but those types of members arnt high--they have been beaten by every ether chiyoumen member! (except for the gaurds cause they addressed him as a master. some master, gettin his ass kicked by Ryo--hahahah)

Ryo could Easily become the Next Ziming. depends on where shenmue 3 goes.
layolas
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:54 pm

Old topic, but since layolas saw fit to ressurect it, one quick thing...

Ren-of-Heavens wrote:Back in the day of the samurai and around that time, when someone was beaten, they would always come back for a rematch for reasons concerning pride.

You've been watching too many movies. When a samurai was beaten by another samurai, he was dead. If he surrendered and was actually let go (unlikely), his own clan would make him commit ritual suicide to atone for his cowardice. There was no "we will meet again" kung fu Hollywood bullshit in fuedal Japan.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DeadPool » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:16 pm

i still think of bambie when i see the name Master Baihu
DeadPool
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:04 am

VGAce wrote:Old topic, but since layolas saw fit to ressurect it, one quick thing...

Ren-of-Heavens wrote:Back in the day of the samurai and around that time, when someone was beaten, they would always come back for a rematch for reasons concerning pride.

You've been watching too many movies. When a samurai was beaten by another samurai, he was dead. If he surrendered and was actually let go (unlikely), his own clan would make him commit ritual suicide to atone for his cowardice. There was no "we will meet again" kung fu Hollywood bullshit in fuedal Japan.

:lol:
Too true.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby drunkensailor » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:01 pm

Peter wrote:Erm guys shes right, ive seen this at least 3 times in my stay here so far...

As for Master Baihu, it always sticks with me that he was the only character NOT to be given an age by Suzuki, in his character profile. Wether or not he is significant to the story overall, or just for that one segment is up to all of you to debate.

I've always thought that master baihu is xuiyings brother(look at the cheekbones of both, besides the mask u can see), now that u mention the character profile, I neve rplayed shenmue 2x but I guess xiyings age was on that, now was it ever mentioned by xiuying the age difference between her and her brother?? if so it is the explanation of master baihu's unknown age
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II