Gametrailers play Shenmue 2

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Gametrailers play Shenmue 2

Postby Birty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:37 pm

I started watching this last night and was amazed when I woke up for work this morning they were still going. Just watched the last hour or so, Huber is absolutely awesome he personifies everything it is to be a Shenmue fan. I got goosebumps at the Shenmue tree and the credits at the end. Oh my god I cannot wait for Shenmue III!!!! \:D/
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm

The final part is now up:
phpBB [video]

The story goes on...!
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Just about to finish watching it on the Twitch recap video. Had to fast forward the Room 222 incident though lol.

Such a great playthrough, fair play to the guys for doing it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:19 pm

They drop my name one time in that vid around the time
Yuan is chasing ryo and ren with the chain saw
, and read some of my other comments out loud, I was helping them out a bit when they werent sure. Fuck, I remember more about that game than I thought I did.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Hadoken Hazuki » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Ha, they did finish it in one sitting, fair play to them. :)
Hadoken Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:43 pm

dat 222

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: Peter
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Yep, just as well they had saved, otherwise that stream was getting shut down! Still cant watch that bit. If i was there, Matt would have swung for me.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:03 pm

imagine if they hadnt saved lol
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:20 am

I saw the last 2-3 hours of the steam live, but where in the video is the room 222 incident? Don't want to click around :-P.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:49 am

When they get into the Yellow Head Building, start watching from there. They get to the second floor... and well.....
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Just found the time to finish off watching the replay of the stream! Wish I was actually in the chat, but was rediculous o'clock in the UK. I start work at 6.30am so ye...but was really good. I don't think the guy on the right was feeling it in places, but the love from Huber and...is his name Ben? was special to witness because it's what we all are. It's like the game has hypnotized us to have this love for it, it's really weird. Like someone in the comments of the Youtube vid just said -

"can someone please explain the hype about this game? because to me this looks like a pretty average action-adventure, what is so special about it, the "japanese atmosphere"?".

And I replied "I guess you've just either got to experience it to "get it" or go back in time 15 years when this was mind blowing."

It's a hard one to put a finger on why it has such an affect on us all, so much so that we can shed tears at it's beauty in places. The music, the story, the feelz man, it's unexplainable.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:11 pm

Nah, it just all has to do with how well developed of a game it is. How much time and thought were put into every detail. The thing about Shenmue is that its so easy to treat it like a regular game and be ignorant to all its fine details and insane amount of side options that create a unique experience for every player on each of their individual play throughs. I have seen many people try to play it like a regular game, and just scratch their heads and ultimately stop playing it. They get annoyed they actually have to wait on things and time can be a factor and cause you to post pone things till the next day cause a store closed, its a very very patience heavy experience, we all know it pays off big time by the end, but some people just cant get through the first few hours of the first game.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:51 am

this playthrough was fine and all I've seen it now in it's entirety, except that they missed soooo much and that guy trying to look as gaily as possible is really annoying. he doesn't understand a single fuck about what makes shenmue so great always talking through it about other shitty games and barely paying attention. the other guy who unfortunately isn't in the final stream does understand it though. only liked to watch it because of him since it was new for him.

on top of that have I rarely seen people who suck more at a game then them. their fighting was terrible and their slow reaction times to qte's painful. also their sense of direction is worse than that of your average woman
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Previous

Return to Shenmue II