Secrets and Easter Eggs

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Supa » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:45 pm

Miles mentioned this.
As soon as you start looking for a martial artist, go to the Lucky Charm Qr. straight away, and ask any person if they know a martial artist (you must ask people in the Lucky Charm Qr. though), and they point you to Zhangyu. Go see Zhangyu, and learn DAN from him. After this, go to Lotus Park and learn GON from Jianmin. Now go to the Guang Martial Arts School and go through the normal procedure to learn JIE. Afterwards, Ryo will automatically ask if Zhoushan knows of any other martial artists. As you've already seen Zhangyu and Jianmin, he tells you to ask at the Sunny Capital Pharmacy in the South Carmain Qr. Go there and talk to the owner, and he'll eventually tell you about Guixiang, and you discover that her late husband was a kung fu master. From there you find Guixiang and the game continues as normal.
cool.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby JalceW » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:43 pm

Maybe this doesn't really qualify as a secret, but here goes: in Shenhua's house, after finding the diagram of the Phoenix and Dragon mirrors, look at the pile of diagrams again (obviously, you'll have to wait until the next morning, as the day ends after Ryo finds the first diagram). The diagram of the mirrors should now be removed, and you'll see a drawing of two large circular objects surrounded by columns and cone-shaped things rising from the floor. It looks to be a diagram of the stone pit and the giant mirrors, but that may not be the case, as the circular objects don't appear to be set into the wall.
JalceW
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Supa » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:56 pm

edited
Last edited by Supa on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:34 pm

Ok Shenmaster, you've said it a thousand times. The topic will still have the same stuff in it, sticky or not.

I had a couple of things I think, but I forgot them. I might have said this one already, but when you go to the Come Over Guest House, open the window and you sort of lock on. Use the joystick and look to the left and theres some cats on the windowsill.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:49 am

yes i saw that one before Lan Di sama, Ryo also kinda opens his mouth and yawns too.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:02 am

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:yes i saw that one before Lan Di sama, Ryo also kinda opens his mouth and yawns too.

I always wondered what the heck he was doing there; it looked like he saw something interesting.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ryohayabusa » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:47 am

i don't know if it's the right place but yesterday i found out something on shenmue1.did you know that if you continue to be catched by the guards (the first time you try to go to wh n8 in the old wharehouse district),the old bum(don't remember the name...maybe shozo) will help you?first he gives you a map(which remains among your items!!),then he tracks on the map where the guards are,then he tracks where w.house n8 is,finally he suggests you to came after 11pm because there's only a guard...dear shozo i'm going to ask xiuying to repay you..... :D :D
ryohayabusa
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:14 pm

I knew about Shozo helping, but he only helps you if you get him a drink when he asks for it. I probably wasted about a month getting by the guards the first time, it was really hard, even with Shozo's help.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:20 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:I knew about Shozo helping, but he only helps you if you get him a drink when he asks for it. I probably wasted about a month getting by the guards the first time, it was really hard, even with Shozo's help.

Shozo helps you anyway, but on the later days if you didn't buy him a drink.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby drporkchop » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:41 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:I knew about Shozo helping, but he only helps you if you get him a drink when he asks for it. I probably wasted about a month getting by the guards the first time, it was really hard, even with Shozo's help.

Funny...I got it my very first try on my first time through the game....However, on my second time through it took me at least 20, lol.
drporkchop
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Araviel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:05 pm

I always buy him a drink and he never helps me out... :(
haha, remember the first time I was going to buy him a drink, but I couldn't understand from where! I was running to the cafeteria even to look for some hot drink... :oops:
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:38 pm

Me too Araviel! I was looking all over for coffee stands, and in the end, I bought him a JetSoda. I finally noticed the coffee at the bottom later on.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Supa » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:22 pm

If you talk to Xaiomei when doing the Chawan Signs, she'll ask you to finish telling her the story you told her on the boat.
If you talk to her when your saying bye to evryone when going to Kowloon, she says her dad will be coming to Hong Kong tomorrow and that you should meet him.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Zezerith » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:52 pm

If you put a JAP Dreamcast version of Shenmue in your PC then there will be art just like with Shenmue 2.
Zezerith
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:05 am

Would you mind uploading the art, Zezerith?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II