A new glitch discovered in Shenmue II!

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby LanDC » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:54 am

Lan Di-sama wrote:Haha, that one second to the left looks like he's about to a cartwheel. I'll have to check out the frogs tomorrow.

It does. :lol: And that woman that's crouched down really does look like a frog in that position.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:59 am

And is the one on the far right doing the Chicken Dance? :D
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby LanDC » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:16 am

Lan Di-sama wrote:And is the one on the far right doing the Chicken Dance? :D

Only God knows.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:22 am

How did you get to the broom man? I saw him, but I couldn't get to him as an invisible wall blocked the way. Is it actually possible to bypass those?
Oh by the way, it's worth trying this glitch in Kowloon too; if you do it in Dragon Street and go into the Thousand White Qr loading area, you can pass through the walls of the Great View Bldg and find Yang standing there! And yep you can talk to him, even if you're past the point where you can no longer enter Great View Herbs. He just goes on about how good his herbal medicine is.
If you wander further you can also find the guy in the Three Birds Bldg., who directs people to the birdshops on the roof.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Capsule Toys Maniac » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:20 am

Miles Prower wrote:How did you get to the broom man? I saw him, but I couldn't get to him as an invisible wall blocked the way. Is it actually possible to bypass those?

I think you shuld press the up-key again and again. Or as Lan DC said:

"The only bad thing about this, though, is Shenmue II's gameplay system won't allow free walking in forbidden areas like Shenmue I's does, meaning you'll be running in-place after a while. If you want to walk around off-map or something like that, the only way to force Ryo to keep pressing forward is to rapidly press the UP button on the D-pad. He will slowly but surely inch further and further out."

Miles Prower wrote:Oh by the way, it's worth trying this glitch in Kowloon too; if you do it in Dragon Street and go into the Thousand White Qr loading area, you can pass through the walls of the Great View Bldg and find Yang standing there! And yep you can talk to him, even if you're past the point where you can no longer enter Great View Herbs. He just goes on about how good his herbal medicine is.
If you wander further you can also find the guy in the Three Birds Bldg., who directs people to the birdshops on the roof.
Nice! I have to try that soon.

Ahh, there is soo much to try with this new glitch! :D

Zhangyu gets prepared to seperate the two... :P
Capsule Toys Maniac
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Pearce1991 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:12 am

Nice to see that Ryo is still in love with his bag. lol. Shame they will be separated though. lol. When i get my Dreamcast up and running again i will definately try the glitch.
Pearce1991
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:20 pm

My Ryo found some "frogs" in Golden Qr. and interviewed with them. 8)

It's funny to see they freeze in the air when Ryo speaks to them and gaze on him
without saying anything. Japanese Ryo says "... s/he's not listening." :lol:
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Strider » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:20 pm

haha thats funnym gj kiyuu with the pics
Strider
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Supa » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:41 pm

Haha, good job, Kiyuu, where is that again? I can' t find them...
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mystere » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:34 pm

Shenmaster777 wrote:Haha, good job, Kiyuu, where is that again? I can' t find them...

The Golden Qr, arriving by the Lucky Charm Qr...
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:57 pm

Shenmaster777 wrote:Haha, good job, Kiyuu, where is that again? I can' t find them...

As Mystere says, it's near the entrance of Golden Qr. from Lucky Charm Qr.

At first you can't see them, but go on till the end of the road by tapping the direction
key so that Ryo proceeds step by step. Then turn left just before the wall of a building.
Keep tapping till Ryo goes off the road by 20 - 30 feet, then turn around. You'll find
the two "frogs." Good luck! ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:26 pm

You can also see some frogs if you go to the Golden Qr. from the White Dynasty Qr. in each of the buildings that usually say 'Closed'.

Those are funny pictures, Kiyuu :lol: It's fun trying to communicate with the frogs.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:39 pm

Awesome, LanDC... could we maybe see a video of the so-called "frogs"? I'll have to try this!
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:43 am

BTW, it's worth trying this glitch in the Yellow Head Bldg., it can be tricky to do though. On each of the staircases there's a "Yellow Head Bldg." sign that Ryo can read, so you have to make sure Ren is close enough to it to talk to him and read the sign at the same time. I'm still experimenting, but you can skip a lot of QTE's and access areas you normally can't.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sei Ki » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:12 am

i did the trick on kings road and when i went to wan chai ryo suddenly ducked when i forced him to move forward! that was funny
Sei Ki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II