REN PUNCHES RYO?

(Chapters 3-6)

REN PUNCHES RYO?

Postby zxzkilme » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:17 pm

OMG!! you guys i have a question... its been bothering me for a week now.... i watched this shenmue demo for dreamcast.... and it showed me a part of yuan, ryo, ren and other pple then wong throws a smoke grenade... then it shows a part where ren punches ryo or smaks him the face, then ryo choke holds him to the wall... where was this part at? was this part not in the shenmue2 on xbox? heres the link to show u...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KAZoZhYz8OY
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:06 pm

iuohiuogyi7tgfouih
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby zxzkilme » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:34 pm

what?
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Clint » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:50 pm

Cool vid. Interesting indeed.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Ryo_Hazuki_2006 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:23 am

Most of that video is From Shenmue 2. And some of the video is from the diffirent versions of Shenmue on diffirent systems. The diffirent versions have diffirent scenes at which were put into that video... That's the explanation for this.

Hope you understand...

-Cheers
Ryo_Hazuki_2006
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:48 am

Ryo_Hazuki_2006 wrote:Most of that video is From Shenmue 2. And some of the video is from the diffirent versions of Shenmue on diffirent systems. The diffirent versions have diffirent scenes at which were put into that video... That's the explanation for this.

Hope you understand...

-Cheers

...What?
Quite simply, it's just a scene that was taken out of the final game, for whatever reason.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby zxzkilme » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:00 am

well what ever system it was when ren punched ryo... it cant be for the dream cast cuz that looked gay.... from what i know all they did to shenmue 2 to get it to the xbox was convert it and changed it to english they did not make the graphics better at all
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:09 am

Yeah some scenes were cut out :( and some things in the beta stages are more cool that the final ones it's a shame they cut stuff like that.
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Ryo_Hazuki_2006 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:20 am

Shenmue_Saga wrote:Yeah some scenes were cut out :( and some things in the beta stages are more cool that the final ones it's a shame they cut stuff like that.

Yeah i forgot of the name. Beta stages. That's true. I is a shame that they cut stuff like you said.
Ryo_Hazuki_2006
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Andy Hughes » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:33 am

haha good video.
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby ac2u » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:52 am

zxzkilme wrote:well what ever system it was when ren punched ryo... it cant be for the dream cast cuz that looked gay.... from what i know all they did to shenmue 2 to get it to the xbox was convert it and changed it to english they did not make the graphics better at all

It was in neither game. The xbox and dreamcast versions are identical in terms of scene. The xbox version doesn't offer anything more as far as scnes are concerned.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Shenmue_Saga wrote:Yeah some scenes were cut out :( and some things in the beta stages are more cool that the final ones it's a shame they cut stuff like that.
Agreed.

BTW, cool sig pics.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:08 pm

RyoHazuki1987 wrote:
Agreed.

BTW, cool sig pics.

Thanks :) I have been modding Shenmue theses days i don't have nothing better to do.
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby zxzkilme » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:19 pm

thnx u guys im a newb at this forum but yea i just wanted to know if u guys knew..... thnx
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby xatruio » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:35 pm

quite simply, the smoke bomb didn't fit--cut it

Wong waiting for Ryo outside the Temple, useless? Cut it.

then there was just another Ryo-Ren bad exchange, cut it...they only yelled at each other after they were teamed up, violence like that wouldv'e broken chemistry and not fit the plotline, if you want to get technical.

All the other 'cooler' stages were the same exact, it just looks interesting because the environments were grayer and simpler-ish.

Shenmue went through a few stages. At one point it looked like an super N64 game [after being canned for Saturn], then it pretty much looked like this video where it was good looking, but the models seemed skinnier and slightly less detailed. Even the orignal Shenmue sort of improved from that video, graphcially, and then Shenmue II looks much better than Shenmue, of course. I've had this video for soo long, i forgot about the nice music 8)
xatruio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Next

Return to Shenmue II