baihu

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Gorbatjov » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:14 pm

Warp9 wrote:I think when he sayd "I will remember that name" he just ment as sighn of respect to a superior fighter.
And about zimming putting up more of a fight.
Just because Xiuying is that good does not mean the same goes 4 zimming.
He may have been so buisy with his revenge that he ignored his training or maybe he is just less talanted.

The fight with baihu most lead to some quest in Shenmue3, it's to big to ignore.
If you have played Shenmue 2, you know in kowloon, chapter 5, the quest with the scout. The scout tell you that chiyoumen are looking for good fighters. So Zimming have to be a good fighter, also because he is a leader.
Gorbatjov
Master of the Three Blades

Postby The Archfiend » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:24 pm

Baihu is not Ziming, if he were Donui would be trying to appeal with him instead of Landi. Since Ziming is a top rank Chiyoumen member like Landi, they wouldn't send two of their elite to the Big Ox building. People seem to keep overlooking the comic, he isn't some lacky that would dress up and fight in a basement for fun.

Baihu in my opinion is the "final test" before one joins the Chiyoumen, if you recall the scout arranged a meeting near that area. Baihu may meet Ryo again for one of the following reasons. Baihu is master of the tiger swallow style, it could be either to learn a move from that style or Baihu knows something of Zhao Sungming that is a important link to Landi's style of fighting.
Attachments
Present02_03.jpg
(59.29 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by The Archfiend on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Archfiend

Postby Gorbatjov » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:33 pm

Hellraiser wrote:Baihu is not Ziming, if he were Donui would be trying to appeal with him instead of Landi. Since Ziming is a top rank Chiyoumen member like Landi, they wouldn't send two of their elite to the Big Ox building. People seem to keep overlooking the comic, he isn't some lacky that would dress up and fight in a basement for fun. That is just goofy....

Are you talking to me?
Gorbatjov

Postby The Archfiend » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:40 pm

No
The Archfiend

Postby Guizhang Chen » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:52 pm

Hellraiser wrote:Baihu in my opinion is the "final test" before one joins the Chiyoumen, if you recall the scout arranged a meeting near that area. Baihu may meet Ryo again for one of the following reasons. Baihu is master of the tiger swallow style, it could be either to learn a move from that style or Baihu knows something of Zhao Sungming that is a important link to Landi's style of fighting.

That's what i'm thinking too. But do you really have to kill Baihu to get into the Chiyoumen? If you remember, Baihu told the man he killed "If you don't kill me, you will die". Maybe that's just talk.
Guizhang Chen
Asia Travel Representative

Postby choinkees » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:31 pm

He may have said it in the hope that the other guy would fight his best if he knew his life was on the line.

The final test makes sense. You had to meet the scout in that are anyway. The scout could have easily just unlocked the gate at that huge fence, switched on the elevator and taken you down to the basement. It's only a couple of minutes away from the meeting point.
choinkees
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Guizhang Chen » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:13 am

Yeah, you're right. He probably said it to get the guy to fight his hardest.
Guizhang Chen

Postby ChaiOgawa » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:00 am

So ziming isn't baihu he isn't Lan Di, so where does that put Ziming. He is obviously going to be a big part of this story down the line. COuld he be the other leader of the Chi You Men we don't know about? There are so many answers we have not gotten, and the story behind Ziming is the biggest one.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Silas » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:03 pm

ChaiOgawa wrote:So ziming isn't baihu he isn't Lan Di, so where does that put Ziming. He is obviously going to be a big part of this story down the line. COuld he be the other leader of the Chi You Men we don't know about? There are so many answers we have not gotten, and the story behind Ziming is the biggest one.
What a strange post from ChaiOgawa!

Unless you meant Baihu when you said Ziming.

Obviously Ziming doesn't need to be Lan Di or Baihu to be a big part of the story, and I am sure he's one of the leaders of the Chi You Men. Baihu is, despite his costume and what he said to Ryo, quite minor. On his photograph he is only listed as "Street Fighter". True he fights in the infamous "Tiger Swallow" style of Zhao Sunming (and his son Lan Di, of course), but that does not mean he is important in his own right, only that at least Ryo has had a taste of that style .... and survived!

I don't think it is the same bloke killed by Chunyan and Baihu, although if it is, he is one unlucky fucker! He gets dropped from the twelfth floor, crashes through three further basements and lands on the metal grating. He stands up, says, "Ooh, that was lucky." Turns round to find Baihu looking at him with a sardonic smirk on his face. "Oh, SHIT!" :lol: :lol:
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re:

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:30 am

The Archfiend wrote: Baihu is not Ziming, if he were Donui would be trying to appeal with him instead of Landi. Since Ziming is a top rank Chiyoumen member like Landi, they wouldn't send two of their elite to the Big Ox building. People seem to keep overlooking the comic, he isn't some lacky that would dress up and fight in a basement for fun.

Baihu in my opinion is the "final test" before one joins the Chiyoumen, if you recall the scout arranged a meeting near that area. Baihu may meet Ryo again for one of the following reasons. Baihu is master of the tiger swallow style, it could be either to learn a move from that style or Baihu knows something of Zhao Sungming that is a important link to Landi's style of fighting.

I know this is an old topic but just want to say ziming is not a high ranking chiyoumen. no idea where people get that from
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: baihu

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Yeah, I kind of don't think he is a big shot in the Chiyoumen. If he was that big of a deal he wouldn't be sitting around in the basement of the building.

Also, didn't Yu already reveal that he is not Ziming Hong either? Well, we're gonna get some disclosure on him in S3, I guess.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Re:

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 pm

drunkensailor wrote:
The Archfiend wrote: Baihu is not Ziming, if he were Donui would be trying to appeal with him instead of Landi. Since Ziming is a top rank Chiyoumen member like Landi, they wouldn't send two of their elite to the Big Ox building. People seem to keep overlooking the comic, he isn't some lacky that would dress up and fight in a basement for fun.

I know this is an old topic but just want to say ziming is not a high ranking chiyoumen. no idea where people get that from

Did you really just necro a thirteen-and-a-half year-old topic in order to disprove someone's proposal about Ziming when, at the time of the post by the person in question, there was every reason (here and here) to believe Ziming was one of the four leaders of the Chi You Men? Yu Suzuki didn't comment on Ziming's status within the organisation until the latter half of 2014, so I really don't understand what you're getting at with your statement.

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, SickOctopus
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue II