Kowloon room search?

(Chapters 3-6)

Kowloon room search?

Postby Phillipino » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:10 am

I'm sure some people out there have had to searched the hundreds of rooms in kowloon. Aside from the dural room, was there anything of interest?
Phillipino
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ys » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:55 am

It's been a while since I played the game so I don't really remember now. I did find some Kung Fu training room by accident once but I can't remember if that was in Kowloon or somewhere else.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Terra Ryzing » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Not really. I think they are pretty generic and randomized. Some have some very unusual layouts. I would of suggested the designers should of locked 90% of the rooms and used the extra space for something else... perhaps enchancing the Golden Mall. I mean, cmon, why would the rooms in the Ghost Hall building be unlocked with electricity?
Terra Ryzing
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Lan Di-sama » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:02 pm

A room search has been done before. Results might be buried on the site, somewhere...might've lost 'em though.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Terra Ryzing wrote:Not really. I think they are pretty generic and randomized. Some have some very unusual layouts. I would of suggested the designers should of locked 90% of the rooms and used the extra space for something else... perhaps enchancing the Golden Mall. I mean, cmon, why would the rooms in the Ghost Hall building be unlocked with electricity?

I fully agree with this.
Esp how many people that lived in Kowloon at that time would never be home and leave the door unlocked.

Be like walking in detroit and everyone left the door open to their homes.

I would love to have the mall and such be able to explore and also actually buy things.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:A room search has been done before. Results might be buried on the site, somewhere...might've lost 'em though.

That topic is still here, though the first post has been destroyed unfortunately:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8638

BTW, long time no see, Lan Di-sama! :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:23 am

Kiyuu wrote:That topic is still here, though the first post has been destroyed unfortunately:
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8638

Ah, I knew there was something that had gone awry with this project. Sadly, even if I did have a backup of that information on some computer somewhere, it's long gone now. Nothing too interesting was found anyway, but I remember it being kind of a fun. I can't believe that topic is six years old :shock:

Kiyuu wrote:BTW, long time no see, Lan Di-sama! :)

Thanks. I lurk. Actually, I visit quite often just out of habit, although I rarely feel the urge to post. It's been so long since we've heard a thing about Shenmue.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby HappyKillmore » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:38 am

Terra Ryzing wrote: I mean, cmon, why would the rooms in the Ghost Hall building be unlocked with electricity?

Its stuff like this that makes Shenmue unique in my opinion.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Return to Shenmue II