NEW MEMBER Xbox or DC, MY FINAL VERDICT.

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: NEW MEMBER Xbox or DC, MY FINAL VERDICT.

Postby Hi2per » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:55 am

Long live DC. I still play Shenmue & Shenmue 2 on my DC. The best console ever made ;)
Hi2per
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II again...

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 am

Xbox version wins because you don't have to constantly focus on the bottom of the screen.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby STE C » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:57 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:Xbox version wins because you don't have to constantly focus on the bottom of the screen.

Have you actually taken the time to read my thread, it is the most in depth test between the 2 versions yet done. Not knocking the xbox version but fact is ( and it is a fact) it is not a good visually as the DC simple as that. And as Shenmue 2 is a game where the the graphics really do count then to argue the xbox version is better because it is poorly dubbed is a very juvenile opinion that shows a complete ignorance of Japanese culture.
STE C
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: S2

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm not ignorant, I just don't know Japanese, so I have to read the subtitles, which means that although the quality may be better on the Dreamcast, you miss a lot of it in the cut-scenes because my attention's on the bottom of the screen. So, if anything, your post shows complete ignorance of common sence.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby STE C » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:08 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:I'm not ignorant, I just don't know Japanese, so I have to read the subtitles, which means that although the quality may be better on the Dreamcast, you miss a lot of it in the cut-scenes because my attention's on the bottom of the screen. So, if anything, your post shows complete ignorance of common sence.

And I am told the further north you go in the UK the less intelligent people are, very odd I am from Carlisle very north compared to Manchester. Do you have £70 spare Sir., if so I advise you buy a Dreamcast off ebay and a copy of Shenmue 2. Then maybe your opinion will be worth something , hey I aint knocking the xbox version but I guess if your brain aint fast enough to read and take in visuals at the same time then thats unfortunate for you. Hey I used to date a girl who couldent watch subtitled films because she could not keep up with the action, she was from a place called Salterbeck in Workington/Cumbria. Why dont you check it out on net and see what a shit hole it is , maybe give you an idea of the breed & class of people that come form there, fool me eh.
STE C

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

STE C wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:I'm not ignorant, I just don't know Japanese, so I have to read the subtitles, which means that although the quality may be better on the Dreamcast, you miss a lot of it in the cut-scenes because my attention's on the bottom of the screen. So, if anything, your post shows complete ignorance of common sence.

And I am told the further north you go in the UK the less intelligent people are, very odd I am from Carlisle very north compared to Manchester. Do you have £70 spare Sir., if so I advise you buy a Dreamcast off ebay and a copy of Shenmue 2. Then maybe your opinion will be worth something , hey I aint knocking the xbox version but I guess if your brain aint fast enough to read and take in visuals at the same time then thats unfortunate for you. Hey I used to date a girl who couldent watch subtitled films because she could not keep up with the action, she was from a place called Salterbeck in Workington/Cumbria. Why dont you check it out on net and see what a shit hole it is , maybe give you an idea of the breed & class of people that come form there, fool me eh.

Chill out or I'll slap ya with my boot. Also if you're going to call other people out on intelligence,make sure your grammar doesn't look poo :P

Mitts I know you wanna flame the new guy but let this one go k.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby STE C » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Ryudo wrote:
STE C wrote:

Chill out or I'll slap ya with my boot. Also if you're going to call other people out on intelligence,make sure your grammar doesn't look poo :P

Mitts I know you wanna flame the new guy but let this one go k.

Its a madhouse, flame me what does that actually mean, yes I know my grammars poor but a childhood in the 80s spent on the zx spectrum & Sega master system can make one a bit ropey. HEY guys I aint here to be a c*nt, we all love Shenmue , its just I am 100% convinced that my Shenmue 2 test is as true as can be. I love the game so much and can be defensive about it but fact is you gotta play the DC version if you love it enough. Lets all just hug and chill out because I like it here and my voice will be heard as Ted Bundy had the nerve to say in court.
STE C

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:46 pm

And we can all say cunt :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 am

"im not knocking the xbox version" holy shit i read that like 5 billion cazillion vaginaillion times! :evil:
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi2per wrote:Long live DC. I still play Shenmue & Shenmue 2 on my DC. The best console ever made ;)

Hell Yeah.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:36 pm

DC is my fave of all time as well. I have my tissues in the DC tissue dissension so either fapping or crying DC is there. Also I have it so when I die I'm having one of my DC's converted to a earn to bury me in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:09 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Xbox version wins because you don't have to constantly focus on the bottom of the screen.

:lol:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Spokane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Ryudo wrote: Also I have it so when I die I'm having one of my DC's converted to a earn to bury me in.

Please tell me thats not a joke.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Spokane wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Also I have it so when I die I'm having one of my DC's converted to a earn to bury me in.

Please tell me thats not a joke.

Nope. Whenever I go. Tomorrow or in 60 years. I'm being put in one. I'm a gamer even in death bitches
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 pm

That's cool your actually doing that.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II