Shenmue 2 Demo?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Shenmue 2 Demo?

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Mocha Joe wrote: I think an interesting question is what part of the game would you use as a demo? :-k

Wouldn't use any part.A timed demo would have worked best.Being able to do whatever in that period of time.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 pm

It would require another What's Shenmue?-type demo, swapping character models, and sometimes locations so as to avoid spoilers. I'd also include every key feature of the game... investigation, FREE battle, QTE, Freeze-QTE, toy capsules, vending machines, and have the darts game playable.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:It would require another What's Shenmue?-type demo, swapping character models, and sometimes locations so as to avoid spoilers. I'd also include every key feature of the game... investigation, FREE battle, QTE, Freeze-QTE, toy capsules, vending machines, and have the darts game playable.

What's Shenmue was the perfect S1 demo. I totally agree a "What's Shenmue 2?" demo would be fantastic.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 pm

:sad: Wish I could play my copy of What's Shenmue
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 pm

I thought you had a DC? Coulda sworn I saw it on your Youtube channel
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:33 pm

shengoro86 wrote: I thought you had a DC? Coulda sworn I saw it on your Youtube channel

Yeah 2 of them but no boot disc works
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Ryudo wrote:
shengoro86 wrote: I thought you had a DC? Coulda sworn I saw it on your Youtube channel

I actually never had any boot disc working, but then a friend of mine who's more of a techie burned them at 2x Speed with his old CD writer for me and then at least the action replay one worked. He said that the GD-ROM drives are already very sensible when it comes to non-GDROM media (aka self burned CDs), so if you burn them at 40x speed the GD-ROM drive is usually like "WTF". He tried to bore me about explanations of the "pit shape" on the surface of the disc, but i cant remember, probably didn't listen.

If thats not the issue then i can remember someone (LanDC???) has adjusted the lens on the drive slightly (I think you just needed to twist it or so if i remember right) so it would focus a bit different and could thus also read CD-RW. Okay just raw guesses here, but maybe it's something like that why your DCs refuse the boot discs.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm

No. Just that there was no option for Shenmue or What's Shenmue.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby givemeshenmue3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:34 am

Master Kyodai wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

I actually never had any boot disc working, but then a friend of mine who's more of a techie burned them at 2x Speed with his old CD writer for me and then at least the action replay one worked. He said that the GD-ROM drives are already very sensible when it comes to non-GDROM media (aka self burned CDs), so if you burn them at 40x speed the GD-ROM drive is usually like "WTF". He tried to bore me about explanations of the "pit shape" on the surface of the disc, but i cant remember, probably didn't listen.

If thats not the issue then i can remember someone (LanDC???) has adjusted the lens on the drive slightly (I think you just needed to twist it or so if i remember right) so it would focus a bit different and could thus also read CD-RW. Okay just raw guesses here, but maybe it's something like that why your DCs refuse the boot discs.

Discs will only work in the dc if burned with a programme discjuggler.Especially the boot discs.if you burn with say nero they will not work.Dreamcast does accept bootdiscs burnt with the correct programme.
givemeshenmue3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:50 am

givemeshenmue3 wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

Discs will only work in the dc if burned with a programme discjuggler.Especially the boot discs.if you burn with say nero they will not work.Dreamcast does accept bootdiscs burnt with the correct programme.

You can burn with IMGBURN + Plugins.

I know because I burn 100% of backups this way.

Though, recently I have tried to be a cheapskate and buy $1 packs of CDs from the dollar store, and well, I've wasted about 15 CDs now, not one of them has worked. There was one that booted to the sega logo but that was about it. Mostly there were write errors... They were cheap Phillips, mutilspeed CD-RS.
It's what I get for being cheap, I guess.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby givemeshenmue3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:07 pm

I have always sticked with what works for me.I never looked into plugins for imgburn but i have used the programe many times.I still have discjuggler but i haven't used it for a while.With cheap discs just burn slower.it might be that simple.
givemeshenmue3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:51 pm

It's weird, IMGBURN says I can only burn at 16x or higher when I use those discs or it may be because I might need to reinstall my CDR drivers but I don't think it's that as I have tried it on 3 computers with varying speeds and it still did not work.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby givemeshenmue3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Depends on the brand.some budget brands can't be burnt slow but it could also be compatability or firmware issues on the drive.i think i burned at 8x or 10 times with discjuller but i can't be sure.i have version 6.if you burn at 16x then that might be an issue? there is workable demo i think of discjuggler if you can't get a full version.
givemeshenmue3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

I only use IMGBurn and Alcohol 120% and never had any problems.

You can also use a Gameshark disc to boot the games with the right hex codes.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:41 am

Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist