Shenmue 2 on Android via reicast BUG solutions thread!

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Shenmue 2 on Android via reicast BUG solutions thread!

Postby harlekin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:06 pm

VarelaPet wrote:Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! :-) Just a little question: who is the lunch lady? Can you give me specific instructions of how to find her? I don't remember that part.
Thanks in advance.

First, understand that this "method" is circumstantial. The game crashed on me the first time I tried to enter warehouse 8 (after doing the lunch lady sidequest to deliver meals to the guards in the old warehoue district), but didn't crash on me, when I let the lunch lady dialogue time out and just went to the old warehouse district directly, after 8 pm.

There could be a whole number of reasons why it worked, the second time - but I didn't test them out. I just gave you a description of the steps (talk to lunch lady, let the dialogue time out, then enter the old warehouse district after 8 pm) that worked for me on my second try.

The lunch lady is called "Kinuyo Sawano" (google her to get an image), she is the lady that sells lunchboxes at the entrance of the new warehouse district. (Just follow the arrows to warehouse 4 (for example) and you will find her.)

(Also - it isn't her sister, she asks you to look after - but actually her daughter. According to some lore I just read.. ;) )

edit: Whops - turns out Kinuyo Sawano is the mom, and the lady you are looking for is "Hisaka Sawano". Therefore she IS asking you to look after her sister (which I'd recommend you to let "time out"). So my recollection was correct the first time... ;)

So just google a different name to get her picture. (Hisaka Sawano is the correct one.)
harlekin
Banned
Banned

Postby VarelaPet » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:44 pm

harlekin wrote:
VarelaPet wrote:Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! :-) Just a little question: who is the lunch lady? Can you give me specific instructions of how to find her? I don't remember that part.
Thanks in advance.

First, understand that this "method" is circumstantial. The game crashed on me the first time I tried to enter warehouse 8 (after doing the lunch lady sidequest to deliver meals to the guards in the old warehoue district), but didn't crash on me, when I let the lunch lady dialogue time out and just went to the old warehouse district directly, after 8 pm.

There could be a whole number of reasons why it worked, the second time - but I didn't test them out. I just gave you a description of the steps (talk to lunch lady, let the dialogue time out, then enter the old warehouse district after 8 pm) that worked for me on my second try.

The lunch lady is called "Kinuyo Sawano" (google her to get an image), she is the lady that sells lunchboxes at the entrance of the new warehouse district. (Just follow the arrows to warehouse 4 (for example) and you will find her.)

(Also - it isn't her sister, she asks you to look after - but actually her daughter. According to some lore I just read.. ;) )

edit: Whops - turns out Kinuyo Sawano is the mom, and the lady you are looking for is "Hisaka Sawano". Therefore she IS asking you to look after her sister (which I'd recommend you to let "time out"). So my recollection was correct the first time... ;)

So just google a different name to get her picture. (Hisaka Sawano is the correct one.)

Thank you again. I appreciate so much this information (I want to finish the game again but I don't have my original Dreamcast any more and I want a couple of friends to play it on their Android devices). I also want to apologise for this off-topic (This is a Shenmue 2 thread), so I am going to take advantage of the situation and ask if also Shenmue 2 is fully playable on Reicast.
VarelaPet
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: VarelaPet
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sean9014 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Please help. I am also encountering reicast crashes on disc 3 of the original shenmue whenever I enter warehouse no.8. I'm at the point where I need to visit guizhang to find out about the connection with Chen and the mad angels. As soon as I open the warehouse door reicast crashes, multiple attempts with same outcome and I cannot progress. Using version r7 0dba81b on a GPD XD
Sean9014
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: SubSkrilla
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby blashyrkhmr101 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:35 pm

I have no suggestions to help, since I've never even tried to emulate the Dreamcast, but OP, you are the kind of person that we hoped showing Shenmue at E3 would result in. Someone who hasn't heard of Shenmue before, is shown the game, is completely blown away and desperately wants to play it. You are also having technical difficulties with the emulator to play it since you don't own a Dreamcast or OG Xbox (not many people who haven't heard of Shenmue do either). So, this is yet another reason why we NEED Shenmue HD, so people who are now really excited about Shenmue 3 having much more easy access to Shenmue I + II. I hope you enjoy the games, and I am jealous of you, for you are playing the first two games for the first time. There's no better time than the first. It's truly magical. Enjoy them. I envy you.
blashyrkhmr101
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: blashyrkhmr101
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Previous

Return to Shenmue II