Yuan

(Chapters 3-6)

Yuan

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Oh my balls, what is the whole point of this character? is freaky, irelevant and plain annoying. She deserved that ass kicking in that elevator and we never got to see here again after that. It was hella' annoying when we had to stalk her with her dumbass moaning and groaning across the stands of Kowloon. I don't care about her sexuality but her whole presence in the game. Mind you, I dislike Yuan very much. She's like the alternate Chai. Damn, if I ever see them two together I'll be puking out rainbows and stars all over the place. I hope she'll stay outta Shenmue 3 please.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Re: Yuan

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:18 pm

I don't care, she played a big part in one/two of the most epic moments of Shenmue. :heart:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Mr357 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:46 am

I agree, they were really fucking annoying, but that's fine for an evil character. I'd relate Yuan to Cool J/Z. They both try to act all tough, but when someone actually threatens them they turn into a cowardly little bitch (I hate Cool Z too).
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Three Blades » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Yuan is like Chai... Good analogy :D
I take it that you guys are playing the game in English? Yuan is actually a dude... In Japanese they clearly refer to him as "the guy that dresses like a woman" when they're looking for him.
I like it because it ads to the whole freaky/deviant side that he has :D
I wonder if he'll be back in S3!
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:00 am

Well, Yuan played the part of the psychopathic, yet laughable sidekick to Dou Niu. He could be seen as one of the minor bosses in S2 and I loved kicking his ass in the Big Ox/Yellow Head building. :) Overall I think he is a great bad guy character.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Three Blades » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:49 am

Yeah, the whole chainsaw part was epic as f*ck because in Shenmue there's barely any weapons. I think S1 had one guy with one of those little retractable metal sticks, Terry's pipe, and that was it... So an actual lethal weapon like a chainsaw was like "HOLY F*CK sh*t just hit the fan!!!"
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:04 am

lol "her".
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 am

Well, Yuan himself would love it if you called him a she. :)
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:53 am

Good question for Yu. =D>
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:26 pm

I think he'd love it. He seems to be quite the girly gay guy type. Dou Niu is the masculine part in their relationship. :lol:

Yu probably won't be able to answer the question anyway. Keep in mind he even forgot about the Mysterious Tiger Scroll from the Dojo, as we could see from his answer about it (I think it was on Reddit). He'd probably say something like "How the heck would I know? I wrote the story like 20 years ago! How the heck am I supposed to remember?" :rotflmao:

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:21 am

Shibiryo wrote: Oh my balls, what is the whole point of this character? is freaky, irelevant and plain annoying. She deserved that ass kicking in that elevator and we never got to see here again after that. It was hella' annoying when we had to stalk her with her dumbass moaning and groaning across the stands of Kowloon. I don't care about her sexuality but her whole presence in the game. Mind you, I dislike Yuan very much. She's like the alternate Chai. Damn, if I ever see them two together I'll be puking out rainbows and stars all over the place. I hope she'll stay outta Shenmue 3 please.

what I really hate is how they made yuan a woman in the translations when in reality it was a man/transgender whatever. me I love games pushing the envelope regarding homosexuality or whatever and really hate those changes. he/she was an annoying character that is very functional to get an image of dou niu outside of what you see and know
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:49 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: I think he'd love it. He seems to be quite the girly gay guy type. Dou Niu is the masculine part in their relationship. :lol:

Yu probably won't be able to answer the question anyway. Keep in mind he even forgot about the Mysterious Tiger Scroll from the Dojo, as we could see from his answer about it (I think it was on Reddit). He'd probably say something like "How the heck would I know? I wrote the story like 20 years ago! How the heck am I supposed to remember?" :rotflmao:

It would still be interesting to ask him because it's more a philosophic & ethic question than something else.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Yuan and Dou Niu are a jilt.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby shredingskin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:16 pm

One of the things I liked SI more than II was that the mad angels were somewhat more of a gang/treathening.

This guys are a mafia, but are treated as comic relief most of the time, Yuan being the weird character (falling everytime and being afraid of "filth"), and dou niu being the fat stupid trope. Even before the "fight" you already have KO yuan by knocking her with a door and locked dou niu in a closet /and in a cement pile because was fat.

They could have felt more "bad". Specially since kowloon was supposed to be this out of law place full of criminals.

The same goes for the heavens.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:13 am

shredingskin wrote: One of the things I liked SI more than II was that the mad angels were somewhat more of a gang/treathening.

This guys are a mafia, but are treated as comic relief most of the time, Yuan being the weird character (falling everytime and being afraid of "filth"), and dou niu being the fat stupid trope. Even before the "fight" you already have KO yuan by knocking her with a door and locked dou niu in a closet /and in a cement pile because was fat.

They could have felt more "bad". Specially since kowloon was supposed to be this out of law place full of criminals.

The same goes for the heavens.

to me the chi you min came off as a much more dangerous threat than the corny mad angels
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Next

Return to Shenmue II