What's the quickest way to earn decent money in Kowloon?

(Chapters 3-6)

What's the quickest way to earn decent money in Kowloon?

Postby Tpgb12 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm in Kowloon right now and I'm at the part where the scout tells me that I must fight three people in order for him to help me. I need to make 500 dollars for one person, 1000 for another person, and 2000 for someone else. I forgot their names, sorry. :P This is my first time playing, so anything would be appreciated.
Tpgb12
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Manic1231
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Gaiares

Re: What's the quickest way to earn decent money in Kowloon?

Postby shredingskin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Fighting the monkey style master, then gambling everything save and reset.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Tpgb12 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:18 pm

I see. I can try doing both that and a bit of the crate lifting, I guess.
Tpgb12

Postby iyapol » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:47 am

Personally, I recommend the arm wrestling and the one-eyed fighter. If you need a top up, just do a few crate lifting shifts.

Gambling is for suckers.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:59 am

You are probably already past this part now, but for the sake of future reference...

Rod Stunt :P You only need to make the $500. When you beat a fighter the scout gave you a picture of, you will earn the respective amount to move on to the next fighter. So don't worry about that.

The best way to get your $500 is as someone else already said, the save and reset trick. Take everything you have to one of the betting zones, save, then put all of it on a "Big or Small" table. If you win, save. If you lose, reset the DC and start again. Eventually you'll have the $500 you need. You could also do it the legit way, but that's up to you.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Englishhedgehog » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 am

I wonder if I'm the only one who avoids saving and resetting to make money like the plague, because I feel like a cheater. That and it breaks the realism vibe of Shenmue.
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby Tpgb12 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:26 am

I'm at Rod Stunt right now. Haven't fought him yet, though. I saved right before I get to him. It was pretty awesome to play After Burner II. :D Eventually, I'll need to make more money for the other two, of course. That'll be fun.

Btw, it seems that my favorite thing to do is to do occasional crate lifting with Congo (yes) and "Roll it on Top" (gambling). I have the most luck with this. Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm quite a novice. :P
Tpgb12

Postby Mr357 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Tpgb12 wrote: I'm at Rod Stunt right now. Haven't fought him yet, though. I saved right before I get to him. It was pretty awesome to play After Burner II. :D Eventually, I'll need to make more money for the other two, of course. That'll be fun.

Btw, it seems that my favorite thing to do is to do occasional crate lifting with Congo (yes) and "Roll it on Top" (gambling). I have the most luck with this. Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm quite a novice. :P

You won't need to grind for more money. You get your $500 and 500 more when you beat Stunt, so then you have enough to enter the area where More is at. Same thing for Chunyan.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Tpgb12 wrote: I'm at Rod Stunt right now. Haven't fought him yet, though. I saved right before I get to him. It was pretty awesome to play After Burner II. :D Eventually, I'll need to make more money for the other two, of course. That'll be fun.

You won't need to grind for more money. You get your $500 and 500 more when you beat Stunt, so then you have enough to enter the area where More is at. Same thing for Chunyan.

Yea "story wise", that's all you need, but if the OP hasn't done everything he wants to before getting to the end, he may want more money.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Mr357 wrote:

Yeah, I went over that in my post but it seemed to have gone straight over his head :P
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tpgb12 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:54 am

Sonoshee wrote:
Mr357 wrote:

Yeah, I went over that in my post but it seemed to have gone straight over his head :P

Yeah. Didn't notice that.
Tpgb12

Postby alexh86 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:36 am

I've always cheated on the money but I think on my next play, I'll do it legitimately to maintain the realism. There's one dice game stall that lets you double your money on one roll. It's pretty easy to get more money than you'll ever need using the save trick at that stall.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby Tpgb12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:17 am

I just wanted to give a quick little update...

I'm in Guilin right now and I'm at Shenhua's home. Boy, it was an epic adventure getting this far. The scenery here is so beautiful, too. Puts a smile on my face.

Thanks for the help from all of you, by the way.

Tpgb12 has received a thanks from: James Brown
Tpgb12

Postby GYO6161 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Tpgb12 wrote: I just wanted to give a quick little update...

I'm in Guilin right now and I'm at Shenhua's home. Boy, it was an epic adventure getting this far. The scenery here is so beautiful, too. Puts a smile on my face.

Glad you enjoyed it, i also recently beated shenmue 1 and 2 this year, i sometimes feel that people dont see me as someone that can be called a true shenmue fan because i came by so late though and didnt have to wait 15 years :oops:
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby James Brown » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 am

GYO6161 wrote:
Tpgb12 wrote: I just wanted to give a quick little update...

Glad you enjoyed it, i also recently beated shenmue 1 and 2 this year, i sometimes feel that people dont see me as someone that can be called a true shenmue fan because i came by so late though and didnt have to wait 15 years :oops:

You're here now dude and that's all that matters :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue II