WTF is this footage from(Shenhua fighting off street thugs)?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: WTF is this footage from(Shenhua fighting off street thu

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:39 am

Peter wrote: There are so many aspects of interest though. The flames, the mystical light, is that someone standing in the mouth? What mechanics causes the symbols to part? What's with the bridge that rises up at the bottom of the screen? There's no way that scene will be cut. It looks far too important.

If Yu has cut it, well he will be receiving a brogue kick to the throat and drop toe holded.

If you intend to ask him about that sequence though, make sure you have the video ready on your cell phone, because chances are, Yu will not have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Remember how he also forgot about the mysterious Chinese scroll from the dojo :king: ?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:48 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Peter wrote: There are so many aspects of interest though. The flames, the mystical light, is that someone standing in the mouth? What mechanics causes the symbols to part? What's with the bridge that rises up at the bottom of the screen? There's no way that scene will be cut. It looks far too important.

If Yu has cut it, well he will be receiving a brogue kick to the throat and drop toe holded.

If you intend to ask him about that sequence though, make sure you have the video ready on your cell phone, because chances are, Yu will not have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Remember how he also forgot about the mysterious Chinese scroll from the dojo :king: ?

While what you say is true, come on now, we can't really hold it against him, It's been over 16 years at this point, since either of those, were actually a thing.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby redline » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:34 am

imo most of that in the project berkley clip will be in shenmue 3
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:14 pm

I think I have patched most of the S3 story together and yes, the ending does seem to be evident in that video.

But thats regarding ShenHua, Lan Di etc. I have to admit I've never really cared for the characters as much as I have about the lore of Shenmue, and the breath it crosses in terms of mystery and culture. The mirrors, the prophecy, the discovery of hidden meanings and secrets within. A lot of people hate the mysticism of the ending to S2 but I love it, and want it to go further. Not fireball Shenmue Online further, but Chinese mysteries that stretch back to long forgotten dynasties etc.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Himuro » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:

Yu forgot about that?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:37 pm

Himuro wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:

Yu forgot about that?

Considering the other stuff that happens in Shenmue 1, the Mysterious scroll is the most minor thing in the entire game, so I don't know why people find this so shocking.

Also it should be noted, Yu has the entire story in his head/on paper, that he goes through as a whole, unlike us, who have only Shenmue 1, and 2 to work with, so naturally we've played such enough to remember every little detail by now.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby scarless landi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:16 am

Himuro wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote:

Yu forgot about that?

I remember trying to figure out if you can do anything with the scroll in Shenmue. Only thing I got out of it was Quizhang translating it :[
scarless landi
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror

Postby wataro » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Peter wrote:I have thought about that one shot so much over 15 years that next month, I will be showing Yu Suzuki that one clip and asking, "Do you remember this scene?", and if so, "will we see it in a future Shenmue, unlike the train shot?".

I have to ask. I need to know!

Did you get to ask?!
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 am

Haahaa I did! Took me a while to get a chance but when I did, he gave this smile and said "i kinda remember it" and laughed.

I worded the question in a way to say "no" if it was cut, or anything else if it was due to come in the story later down the line, so i took it that it remains a big scene I'm the story that he was just being silent about.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Previous

Return to Shenmue II