Shenmue II's 15th anniversary

(Chapters 3-6)

Shenmue II's 15th anniversary

Postby Mr357 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:56 am

There's still 4 minutes of September 6th left in my time zone, so I'd like to say happy fifteenth birthday to the greatest game known to man, Shenmue II. =D>

Mr357 has received 7 thanks from: BlueMue, Esppiral, KiBa, Kiske, Rakim, ShenGCH, shengoro86
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue II's 15th anniversary

Postby SMDzero » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:18 am

Mr357 wrote: There's still 4 minutes of September 6th left in my time zone, so I'd like to say happy fifteenth birthday to the greatest game known to man, Shenmue II. =D>

Hopefully soon to be the second greatest game known to man.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Time sure flies by! Shenmue II is now older than After Burner II was, when Shenmue II was released. =D>
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:46 pm

BlueMue wrote: Time sure flies by! Shenmue II is now older than After Burner II was, when Shenmue II was released. =D>

Also Shenmue was set in 1986.. 14 years in the past when it was released in 2000. It's now been longer than that just to get to Shenmue 3.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby munchmunch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Oh wow...I was in Year 6 back then. Got it around Christmas I think, we never got it at release date for some reason, unlike the first game.
munchmunch
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Mr357 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 pm

munchmunch wrote: Oh wow...I was in Year 6 back then. Got it around Christmas I think, we never got it at release date for some reason, unlike the first game.

September 6th was the Japanese release date. It wasn't brought to Europe until November 23rd of that year.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:14 am

munchmunch wrote: Oh wow...I was in Year 6 back then. Got it around Christmas I think, we never got it at release date for some reason, unlike the first game.

I was ten when it was released, so I must have been in year six, too. I remember going to Electronics Boutique in a shopping centre to pick it up, and I couldn't stop reading the text on the back and observing the artwork on the bus home, dreaming of what was to come :)

Strangely, the back cover of the first disc case was Sonic Adventure 2, despite being a sealed copy, which was really confusing at the time. Still have it, too!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby scarless landi » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:30 pm

I was 11 when this game came out, working as a paper boy. I was putting in $10-$15 into my pre-order periodically.

I remember when the game was finally released... After school I went straight home and waited for my mom. She went to get groceries as well as picking up my copy of Shenmue II. I sat on the living room floor waiting patiently. When she arrived, the first thing she did was take my copy of Shenmue II out. She slid it on the carpet towards me. Was in complete shock.

It's one of my most cherished memories. Sorry if that sounds really cliche lol.

scarless landi has received a thanks from: Mr357
scarless landi

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:32 am

scarless landi wrote: I was 11 when this game came out, working as a paper boy. I was putting in $10-$15 into my pre-order periodically.

I remember when the game was finally released... After school I went straight home and waited for my mom. She went to get groceries as well as picking up my copy of Shenmue II. I sat on the living room floor waiting patiently. When she arrived, the first thing she did was take my copy of Shenmue II out. She slid it on the carpet towards me. Was in complete shock.

It's one of my most cherished memories. Sorry if that sounds really cliche lol.

Damn, I'm surprised the case survived the slide across the carpet. Those things need only be looked at to shatter :P
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Shenmue II