Making money after meeting Xiuying

(Chapters 3-6)

Making money after meeting Xiuying

Postby chrisjfinlay » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm

I have HK$62 to my name right now, and I was wondering if I was too late to make some decent money, having already met Xiuying and started airing out books? I can't leave the quarter I'm in, so I seem to be out of job and gambling opportunities...
chrisjfinlay
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: Making money after meeting Xiuying

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:13 pm

If the game isn't letting you leave the quarter that you are in, it's because there is a scene that needs to be triggered in that area. I think this only happens once in Disc 2 in which you need to go to the Lucky Charm Qr. for a scene with Joy.

Once you progress a bit, all of Aberdeen and Wan Chai should be accessible for the remainder of Disc 2, and you should be able to carry crates/gamble/etc throughout.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:28 pm

No, he's talking about the first day of disc 2. After you air out the books, you're supposed to gather information on Yuanda Zhu.
This will lead to learning about the Wulinshu, but you can't get into the library until the next day, so your only options are to "wait" there or mill about until 11pm.
Even if you do everything that's possible on that day, the game will not let you leave the Wise Man's quarter. The only way to make money is to sell stuff at the pawn shops.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby chrisjfinlay » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Yep, that's where I was. However on Day 2 of the books I was able to leave, so I'm gambling like a madman!
chrisjfinlay
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue II