Lisle Wilkerson needs the community's help

(Chapters 3-6)

Lisle Wilkerson needs the community's help

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:12 pm

The versatile voice of Joy, Xiuying, and Yuan in the English version of Shenmue II needs our help.

Lisle Wilkerson is struggling with a mountain of medical bills for her feline companion, Princess Genki, who has taken ill at a time when resources are thin.

If you'd like to extend a helping hand, please visit gofundme.com/goodgirlgenki for more details.

As you may know, Lisle has been a great friend to her fans for many years, gladly taking the time to give interviews, sign autographs, and promote the campaigns for Shenmue III and Shenmue HD - not to mention the Shenmue Heart of Gold campaign, raising donations for a Japanese cat shelter with Genki herself as Ambassador.

I hope that as a global community we're able to reward Lisle's kindness, and her bravery for reaching out for help at this stressful time.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Lisle Wilkerson needs the community's help

Postby Sappharad » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm by no means a knowledgeable person when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm surprised they haven't checked her for cancer yet.

I had a cat who wasn't eating properly for months, and after multiple trips to the vet to fix things that weren't the problem (teeth pulled, not enough fluids) they eventually gave him an ultrasound and figured out that it was intestinal lymphoma. They gave him a shot of steroid to help him eat again which they said would last a few weeks, but 3 days later he was back to not eating again. I had him put down 2 years ago because I didn't want him to die starving. I was disappointed that it took the vet months before they even checked for cancer, had they found it sooner perhaps it could have been better handled.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Sappharad wrote:I'm by no means a knowledgeable person when it comes to this kind of thing, but I'm surprised they haven't checked her for cancer yet.

I don't know what they've checked for so far. Sorry to hear about your cat - hopefully these particular vets are leaving no stone unturned in their ongoing investigation.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm

It looks like she's about to meet her goal already. That's great. I hope Princess Genke pulls through :(
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Unfortunately it seems Princess Genki had to be put to sleep. :(

The GoFundMe will apparently remain up for the meanwhile to help Lisle cover the existing vet bills.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue II