PhantomRiverStone: Jumbo Jet / Fighter Jet Cutscenes

(Chapters 3-6)

PhantomRiverStone: Jumbo Jet / Fighter Jet Cutscenes

Postby Switch » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 pm

I've posted a guide on the Phantom River Stone blog on how to trigger the two cutscenes that are shown when Ryo is walking through the Wise Men's Quarter in Wan Chai: the passenger jet & the fighter jets that pass overhead.

The idea for this post came from Kiyuu who introduced these cutscenes on the Dojo several years ago.

Read the blog post here:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... ghter.html

Switch has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, redline
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: PhantomRiverStone: Jumbo Jet / Fighter Jet Cutscenes

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:29 am

Switch wrote: The idea for this post came from Kiyuu who introduced these cutscenes on the Dojo several years ago.

Thank you for mentioning me. Nice pictures, Switch!
I wonder if the model of the passenger plane is also the same as the capsule toy you can get, except the landing gear, of course.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr357 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:42 am

Kiyuu wrote:
Switch wrote: The idea for this post came from Kiyuu who introduced these cutscenes on the Dojo several years ago.

I wonder if the model of the passenger plane is also the same as the capsule toy you can get, except the landing gears, of course.

If they used a "sky box" like on the Source engine, for example, that would've made it very easy and would've meant that a small model could be used instead of making one to scale (which would eat up tons of memory).

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Kiyuu
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Switch » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 am

Mr357 wrote:
Kiyuu wrote:

I wonder if the model of the passenger plane is also the same as the capsule toy you can get, except the landing gears, of course.

If they used a "sky box" like on the Source engine, for example, that would've made it very easy and would've meant that a small model could be used instead of making one to scale (which would eat up tons of memory).

Ah, didn't remember that there is a "Long Range Jet" capsule toy. It would totally make sense for it to be reused though.

Time for some more capsule toy buying!

Edit: Here it is. The toy looks very similar in terms of the shape of the body and wings, but there are some differences in the details such as the shape of the engines and the texturing:

Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:29 am

Switch wrote:Ah, didn't remember that there is a "Long Range Jet" capsule toy. It would totally make sense for it to be reused though.

Time for some more capsule toy buying!

Edit: Here it is. The toy looks very similar in terms of the shape of the body and wings, but there are some differences in the details such as the shape of the engines and the texturing:

Thank you for checking immediately! Yeah, apparently that's not the same model.
Unlike the fighter jets, the actual jumbo jet was too big to reuse the tiny capsule toy, after all.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Return to Shenmue II