Where's Joy so you can bid her farewell b4 going to Kowloon?

(Chapters 3-6)

Where's Joy so you can bid her farewell b4 going to Kowloon?

Postby RoninPedroshin » Mon May 12, 2003 6:23 pm

Hey I've just got Shenmue IIx 2 days ago after I had to sold Shenmue I and II for the DC 1 year ago... Missed the game so much but now I can be happy again! :D
Well, in the game there are 3 things I did in Shenmue II DC and this time I didn't (I guess it was because I was too much concerned on Fangmei's Birthday Event), those were:
-Hanhui teaching me Lunging Strike...
-Delin teaching me Brawling Uppercut...
-Guixiang teaching me Hind Blow...

I've just noticed that I forgot these when I was looking in some FAQ's if there was a way to say goodbye to Joy before going to Kowloon so she wouldn't say that I went without saying goodbye like when I played in the DC. I'm already in the Kowloon depart part (I'm still in Hong Kong) and have only 1 savegame. I guess I can't get those 3 moves taught at this moment right?

Guess not but anyway I posted here to ask you guys where is Joy when you have to say goodbye to those who helped you? :?: Sometimes I used to see her moto at Pine Arcade but strangely she wasn't inside (Eileen was and had to fight her for the Silver Medal) or in Fortune's Pier looking at the sea. Thanks for anyone who helps me here! ;)
Last edited by RoninPedroshin on Mon May 12, 2003 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoninPedroshin
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Ichi-Ban-San » Mon May 12, 2003 6:27 pm

I dont think you're ment to find her because you see her in Kowloon anyway. On the other hand, I've probably just been unable to find her as well!
Ichi-Ban-San
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Location: Darkest Hampshire, Somewhere south of mighty London

Postby khien » Mon May 12, 2003 6:38 pm

I haven't been able to find her either, and i don't know of anyone who was...
khien
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Paul » Mon May 12, 2003 6:51 pm

Well she gets all pissed off at ryo not saying bye in kowloon so I say she's not supposed to be there.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ash » Mon May 12, 2003 7:01 pm

I've never found her, and I searched all over the place, so I don't think you can find her.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Juanfran » Tue May 13, 2003 5:14 am

Apparently, she is in a cafe somewhere in Aberdeen, but I never saw her.
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SpringChick » Tue May 13, 2003 11:48 am

I searched everywhere, too. Never found her. You're not supposed to. But she'll find you soon enough, so don't worry. :P
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Juanfran » Tue May 13, 2003 11:50 am

I read somewhere that if you talk to Joy before you leave, she talks about GuiZhang?
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Miles Prower » Tue May 13, 2003 12:09 pm

You can initiate the conversation about Gui Zhang while you're trying to get $500 for Ren, I think. Joy can be found looking at the sea at Fortune's Pier ^_^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby RoninPedroshin » Tue May 13, 2003 1:35 pm

Oh yeah that's right Miles I remember that when I played in the DC. Forgot to do that in Xbox, I'm in Kowloon already... oh well. By the way I saw Joy's moto at Kowloon in Dimsum or Stand Qr (can't remember now) in front of the Tea Bldg.
It allowed you to press X and Ryo would remember Joy and her moto and thinking to himself "Is she nearby?". I have been running around outside most of Kowloon but didn't find her... Isn't that possible too?
Thanks
RoninPedroshin

Postby Dragonslayer88 » Tue May 13, 2003 2:08 pm

Like everyone else I searched high and low but to no avail!
Dragonslayer88
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Wuying Ren » Tue May 13, 2003 4:32 pm

The second time I was playing it on the DC, when it came to say my farewells I remembered that Joy has a little go at you in Kowloon so I was looking around all the likely places and didn't find her so I thought forget it.

I was sure you could find her somewhere though...
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby RoninPedroshin » Tue May 13, 2003 7:08 pm

Hey, you saying didn't find her in Wan chai before going to Kowloon right?

Or are you saying you also didn't find her after seeing here moto at Kowloon in Stand Qr. in front of Tea Bldg. after Ryo thought to himself if she was nearby?
RoninPedroshin

Postby Joe Pesci » Tue May 13, 2003 7:14 pm

I believe it is in no way possible that you can talk to Joy before you leave, hence the reason why she gets mad. Maybe you were thinking she would say something else but no, Yu Suzuki must have wanted Joy and Ryo to have a rivalry in Shenmue II and get them mad at each other the entire game.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kurokage » Tue May 13, 2003 8:28 pm

Juanfran wrote:I read somewhere that if you talk to Joy before you leave, she talks about GuiZhang?

It's true! She did talk about him, she talked about how they were good friends and she was pissed off that he got injured by Chai.
Kurokage
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue II