the rare conversations in shenmue II

(Chapters 3-6)

the rare conversations in shenmue II

Postby mareewana » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:31 pm

i got all the rare conversations listed on this site http://www.shenmuefansite.com/rareconv.html except for the conversation between ryo and joy about guizhang. this is supposed to occur on disc 2 at fortune's pier but i dont see joy anywhere. where can i find her?
mareewana
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Silas » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:24 pm

When her motorbike appears at Fortunes Pier, you just turn left, and head towards the end of the, she's hanging round there watching the sea.

Wait, I checked it out - that conversation is there! But there are loads of other conversations you've missed, surely? What about saying goodbye to Izumi when she desperately tries to get you back to her apartment, presumably for some "special sparring"!
Last edited by Silas on Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Silas » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:25 pm

Whoah! I never knew about talking to Ren about Joy!! :o
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jeff » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:32 pm

Wow, it seems that Joy father is a wealthy merchant and he is business partners with Master Chen. That would explain why she can afford that nice motorcycle. 8)
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Smeghead » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:49 pm

Congo 10 wrote:Wow, it seems that Joy father is a wealthy merchant and he is business partners with Master Chen. That would explain why she can afford that nice motorcycle. 8)

Master Chen is Joy's uncle...dunno about her parents tho
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:29 pm

Nooo...Uncle is just a term used in China to show respect to your elders, he isn't really Joy's uncle.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Smeghead » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:47 pm

Miles Prower wrote:Nooo...Uncle is just a term used in China to show respect to your elders, he isn't really Joy's uncle.

oh.... #-o lol nvm then
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby *Ren* » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:50 pm

hmm i didnt catch any of those convos......i really should play the game again....
*Ren*
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby TaoLishao » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:25 pm

Miles Prower wrote:Nooo...Uncle is just a term used in China to show respect to your elders, he isn't really Joy's uncle.

its includes; auntie, uncle, big brother, big sister

right miles gege? :)
TaoLishao
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby B-Man » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:59 pm

Actually, it is not necessarily just a Chinese thing. Some people in America refer to certain people as "Uncle" too, even though they're not actually related. In Joy's case, she's known Master Chen and Guizhang since she was a little girl, so she is close to him like a niece would be to an uncle. Hence, she calls him Uncle Chen.

As for those conversations....a while ago, I created a topic about Ryo and Ren's conversation about Joy. I couldn't seem to get it. You are supposed to talk to Ren on Dragon St. right after seeing Joy there, waiting outside of Ren's Hideout. Since then, however, I've managed to get the whole conversation once, and half of it another time! It's really weird. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why it is only triggered sometimes, so I have to assume it's just random. Here is a link to the aforementioned topic.

mareewana, for the convo about Guizhang, look for Joy at Fortune's Pier while you're supposed to be earning $500 to meet Ren. That is when it occurs. Like Silas said, you turn left and she is there watching the sea, past the Zippo stands. Also, make sure that you talked to Joy about Master Chen earlier in the arcade. Otherwise, I doubt you'd be able to get the convo about Guizhang.
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Daemos » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:53 pm

Silas wrote:When her motorbike appears at Fortunes Pier, you just turn left, and head towards the end of the, she's hanging round there watching the sea.

Wait, I checked it out - that conversation is there! But there are loads of other conversations you've missed, surely? What about saying goodbye to Izumi when she desperately tries to get you back to her apartment, presumably for some "special sparring"!

:shock: Where is that? I never saw it. :? I wanna see it. :P
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Smeghead » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:17 am

[ wh¡teShådow -¦- ] wrote::shock: Where is that? I never saw it. :? I wanna see it. :P

I think all you have to do is first of all meet her, then when you're about to leave for Kowloon go speak to her, then she asks stuff like 'would you like to come to my place....its not far from here' :lol:
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Daemos » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:36 pm

Oh I see. I'll try it next time. It's just my favorite part is disc 3 and i always want to jump there. :lol:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mareewana » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:49 pm

I already figured it out 10 minutes after posting this, but thanks for the replies.

Silas wrote:What about saying goodbye to Izumi when she desperately tries to get you back to her apartment, presumably for some "special sparring"!

:lol: yeah that was funny.
mareewana
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: the rare conversations in shenmue II

Postby Konny Johnson » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:12 am

The first time you get to talk to Joy at Pine Game Arcade (it needs to be non quest conversation, when trying to catch 3 leafs in a row), Ryo will ask if she works...
Konny Johnson
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: SH2 Pal, SH1 Jap

Return to Shenmue II