Discovered Something at Lai Lai Eatery

(Chapters 3-6)

Discovered Something at Lai Lai Eatery

Postby Lazy8s » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:22 am

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but I recently found this new thing on another playthrough.

I had worked my first day moving crates at Worker's Pier after Joy took me there, and I was supposed to find out how to get to the Yan Tin Apartments in the South Carmain Qr. I had asked the Come Over Guest House guy, but I decided to return to Aberdeen before proceeding.

Anyway... I remembered the disturbance I had caused over at the Lai Lai Eatery earlier when I was looking for Wong (who had stolen the bag at the time), so I went back to the employees at the Eatery to see if they were still upset at me. Ryo had actually apologized on a previous visit, but I wondered if I could apologize again considering I damaged the place twice - once when I knocked over some patrons during a failed Chase QTE and later when I tore the place apart fighting free-battle with Sam and Larry.

So, I went over to talk to the young hostess who I'd noticed Ryo had some kind of special connection with (if you talked to her enough, she'd ask you what kinds of things were popular in Japan.) Anyway... Ryo starting apologizing again for causing the shop such a problem, and she said not to worry. However, Ryo kept pressing on about how sorry he was, and how we wanted to compensate her. Suddenly, an Action Selector popped up that allowed me to select "Compensate" or "No". I chose to, and I gave the girl $30 of the little money I had. She reluctantly accepted, and then she gave me the bronze medallion!

Is this the only way to get that, or is this some kind of alternate way I stumbled onto?
Lazy8s
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Discovered Something at Lai Lai Eatery

Postby Gutcruncher » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:57 am

Lazy8s wrote:Is this the only way to get that, or is this some kind of alternate way I stumbled onto?

its alternate. i found mine in an alley
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tama-san » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:21 am

Really :shock:

I didn't know the bronze medal was so cheap (and I thought stealing would be cheaper). Anyway, can you pay her $50 to get the silver one? (j/k) Nice experience indeed.

Welcome to the forum.
Tama-san
Master of the Three Blades

Postby TaoLishao » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:50 am

i never knew that..
TaoLishao
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Phong » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:07 am

That's awesome!
Phong

Postby b_ren » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:47 am

Yeah but becuase i'm that cheap i get it the free way heh heh.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:18 pm

i did that once.welcome to the dojo
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:45 pm

How do u get the bronze medal the cheap way. I had to compensate the lass because i knocked over the table.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby b_ren » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:06 pm

Eh you go through an alley in disc 2 i think.... It's somewere near the come over guest house behind the nearest pawnshop i think.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:46 pm

I knew that but I never have any money when I talk to her. And after you talk to her and say sorry, and come back with money, she says different stuff.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:48 pm

a good way to earn monet is to play Big or Small in warehouse no 10 (Fortunes Pier) after you work. remember to save before and after a win and you can make thousands with persistence (sp).
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:12 pm

^I always do that.:D
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:47 pm

lol yeah, I do the chow thing just I don't have money when I talk to her because I just had it stolen. And that honest pawnshop on queens street was closed.

Speaking of pawnshops, what's with that old lady with the giant teeth in that one pawnshop? That's hilarious
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Discovered Something at Lai Lai Eatery

Postby Daemos » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:21 pm

Lazy8s wrote:I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but I recently found this new thing on another playthrough.

I had worked my first day moving crates at Worker's Pier after Joy took me there, and I was supposed to find out how to get to the Yan Tin Apartments in the South Carmain Qr. I had asked the Come Over Guest House guy, but I decided to return to Aberdeen before proceeding.

Anyway... I remembered the disturbance I had caused over at the Lai Lai Eatery earlier when I was looking for Wong (who had stolen the bag at the time), so I went back to the employees at the Eatery to see if they were still upset at me. Ryo had actually apologized on a previous visit, but I wondered if I could apologize again considering I damaged the place twice - once when I knocked over some patrons during a failed Chase QTE and later when I tore the place apart fighting free-battle with Sam and Larry.

So, I went over to talk to the young hostess who I'd noticed Ryo had some kind of special connection with (if you talked to her enough, she'd ask you what kinds of things were popular in Japan.) Anyway... Ryo starting apologizing again for causing the shop such a problem, and she said not to worry. However, Ryo kept pressing on about how sorry he was, and how we wanted to compensate her. Suddenly, an Action Selector popped up that allowed me to select "Compensate" or "No". I chose to, and I gave the girl $30 of the little money I had. She reluctantly accepted, and then she gave me the bronze medallion!

Is this the only way to get that, or is this some kind of alternate way I stumbled onto?

Yeah, I did this exact same by the 3rd or 4th time I played through it. TBH, I didn't even know what to do with the medal at the time... :lol:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sailorstick » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:32 pm

Wow! I didn't even know that.
Sailorstick
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue II