LEGO Ideas - SEGA Classic Arcade Machines & Yu Suzuki

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: LEGO Ideas - SEGA Classic Arcade Machines & Yu Suzuki

Postby spacysmoke » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:18 pm

James Brown wrote:Dude they are amazing then, I didn't realise you made them using existing lego parts, I thought they were unique specific pieces, for example with the Sega logos and like the Ourun logo actually on the parts, did you use stickers of some sorts?

I would definately buy the full set, hope it's gets supported to full on the Lego site!

Yup, the models are made with existing Lego parts; no modified or custom parts whatsoever. Parts with logos and stuff are just stickered. I created the stickers in Photoshop and Illustrator; some use sources from the web like marquees that people scanned, and others I had to create from scratch. I tried to avoid stickers across multiple parts, but it was unavoidable on certain areas.
Another factoid: the stickers in the photos aren't really there; they were "applied" in photoshop.

The 3 minifigures of the Sega fans and Yu are just CG renders. I created the torso prints for the Sega fans, but everything else already exists as real Lego pieces (though maybe not in those specific colors). So you could make that Yu Suzuki figure as pictured by buying the parts from Bricklink or something, though I don't think that specific torso comes in the color I chose.

spacysmoke has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
spacysmoke
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: spacysmoke
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Hmm. Too bad this didn't come sooner, could have been a great reward for the Kickstarter. Maybe if it goes through they can make them rewards for Pay Pal, it'd definitely entice people to donate/pledge again.

And then make others like me hate themselves for being completely broke, as I NEED IT. GIVE IT TO ME. *cry*
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jack » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 pm

supported. This is a really cool idea, even if it does miss lego's main demographic by about 30-odd years... I can still see a lot of adults buying it though.
Jack
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Previous

Return to News and Updates