Life of the Dojo

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Life of the Dojo

Postby Myles » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Res wrote:Excuse my ignorance but when, precisely, did the dojo get started? It seems 2001, correct? Is there an actual date?

Feb. 2001 to be exact
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Res » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 pm

So, the dojo is an Aquarius. Actually, it could be a Pisces. Yeah, I say it's Pisces.
Res
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

puru puru pack

Postby flahsbackhand » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:28 am

dues anyone one know what file type the puru puru pack is located in for shenmue 2 cuzz the hacked English back up jump pack duse not work so im go to try to install it -_- thank you
flahsbackhand
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: yes
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: ps3

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:I have literally no expendable income, and I can't really be arsed raiding my change box to deposit into my bank account just to keep a website afloat.

And Res, you've completely missed the point. A message board exists for discussion, and an extra sub-forum/category exclusively for donators isn't rewarding the people who do donate, it's excluding those that don't.

Profile enhancements are rewards, exclusive shit is just a kick in the bollocks for everyone else.

I know I'm waaay late on this one but I didn't know this even existed until now ( I was bored so I randomly checked this part of the site). I completely agree with Mitts here, its just a really silly idea. This is in no way rewarding people who have donated, they already have the main forum to post in (which is what its meant for!) why would anyone want to deliberately post in a dead "exclusive" forum that has a more limited user base? It serves absolutely no purpose, except perhaps making the main forum even more dead then it already is as certain members might (bizarrely) choose to post in that "exclusive" forum instead.

Once again this is in no way rewarding donors(what are they getting that they already didn't have?) as Mittens said this is merely excluding the normal posters. A reward would be giving donors customizable titles (like the Mods have),but this is just some bullshit way of trying to extort members and making the dojo worse in the process. The dojo has been noticeably quieter recently (especially the general forum) and I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Also I know people are like "yeah but you don't have to donate much", but that isn't the point. There are many people who are in financial situations where they can't even spare 50p, or maybe don't have a credit card or Paypal, and saying "oh well you can't join in" to those people just isn't fair.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yama » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:37 am

Talk about overthinking it, lol. Anyway they do have bonus features like being able to upload images without hosting on a remote site and custom titles. The forum is just a place to goof around, as most of the donors are OG Dojo members, so it's a small niche area. Far from exclusion, just another spot to post for those that choose to donate. I get your point, but trust me, it's far from being that serious.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Fair enough I guess...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:56 pm

I still find it funny people complain about donors yet they all have more money than me.
Again I get 35$ a month period (yes I have no other income than an allowence)when I donate it's only 1-2$ and It is seriously the very last dollar I have for the month. So If I can donate anyone can. If you don't want to then fine but have no right to complain. Fuck off. It's an insult to me as I give my last widows mite so you guys can post on here and all you do is complain. Thanks for the insult. Ass.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Ryudo wrote:I still find it funny people complain about donors yet they all have more money than me.
Again I get 35$ a month period (yes I have no other income than an allowence)when I donate it's only 1-2$ and It is seriously the very last dollar I have for the month. So If I can donate anyone can. If you don't want to then fine but have no right to complain. Fuck off. It's an insult to me as I give my last widows mite so you guys can post on here and all you do is complain. Thanks for the insult. Ass.

Ryudo, c'mon, don't try playin the "I'm poorer than you" card. The fact is, some people may make more money than you, but if you can donate money to a website, then you've proved to everyone that you have more expendable income than others. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and I can't afford a £1.20 bus ticket, I've had to break out the bike and use that for travel.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:21 pm

You mean like the depth I don't have in rent I cant pay or bills or the over a hundred thousand in medical or the few thousand to lawers I owe for my case pending on disability? Oh right I'm in no debt at all. I nearly fucking die and while getting my life worked out (docs mental and physical and helping me start my life over) yet still find a way to help this place keep going and you guys can do is bitch about it.
:roll:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:35 pm

OH FUCK THE CONSPIRACY! THE SECRECY! OH FUCK NO!

Not likw it's Dojo select from years ago where they talked shit behind your back and only brought in most popular members.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 pm

So if I make a thread shitting on Sonniku he'll come back and post again ;_;
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:So if I make a thread shitting on Sonniku he'll come back and post again ;_;

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43774
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I've been wondering why this site is so dead? Is this a yearly thing around this time, or is the ship finally sinking?
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:I've been wondering why this site is so dead? Is this a yearly thing around this time, or is the ship finally sinking?

I have no idea what you mean. This site is very very very much active.
new members almost everyday and just constant posts. Majority of the active members are in the UK and post when we are going to bed in the US.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Ryudo wrote:OH FUCK THE CONSPIRACY! THE SECRECY! OH FUCK NO!

TEEPO got banned for what you just did. ;-)
Did you have that pic saved, or did you raid Juanfran's archives? :twisted:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates