New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

Postby James Brown » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: This situation should really cause Kickstarter to develop a system that after the main Kickstarter would allow fans to continue to fund a game and get rewards. Because as it is now Paypal won't get people rewards. I really don't care that much about rewards, I want the game. But if there's a $1,000 goal there are some people(like me) who just can't drop that much money in one go. But if you give me a year or two I could easily do that.

That would really entice someone who wants to get the $1,000 reward to eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Yeah that makes total sense! Especially since the rewards probably won't ship until the games release date. The only problem and the probable reason why they haven't implemented this system is because people's finances change. If they guarentee the full sum of money by a certain date, that can account for it, but if I was to snatch the $10k reward and plan out that i'm gonna pay $1k a month over 10 months, come the 3rd month I can't afford $1k and the bank declines their payment everything goes tits up.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 am

Supa wrote: They BETTER take PayPal on the site after Kickstarter is over. I will give so much money to this game.

this
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby drunkensailor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:15 am

Giorgio wrote: «Shenmue 3 is happening.- That's enough. Everything else is just bonus. Hope it will reach the $5M mark, though, because the "Character Perspective System" sounds really interesting.»

[Repeat the above/previous whole statement; stop at the first phrase when the Kickstarter is over, or (if PayPal or 'Star Citizen'-like crowdfunding models are adopted, then stop) when Shenmue 3 is released (or when those models of crowdfunding are over, too). - While crowdfunding is active (in any form), If the denoted Stretch Goal of the last phrase is reached, then replace that (Stretch Goal) with the next one (or with the one, that has not yet be reached, of your preference).]

do you want a telltale kind of shenmue 3? well not me
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby spinksy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:08 am

Kinda only just realised that after $5.1 million the next stretch goal is straight up to $6 million! Thats a big ask :shock:
spinksy
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: spinksy777
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:36 am

You're right it is great, but it should also be their job to clean up the mess that they caused with the Sony funding, however they don't care. Also, don't read the comments lol It will piss you off no end.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 am

*sigh* Those stretchs goals are just...my GOD do I want all of those features in the game. The $6 million goal especially. Advanced FREE Battle? Bring it the fuck on, man. Gets me so excited. We can do it guys. The $6 million goal, I mean. $11 million though? Pffft. If only.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:57 am

lol tell me about it. I was still getting over the shock that the game is actually being made to even think what the game is going to be like. After seeing the new stretch goals and the new video with Yu talking about the 3 locations, I am so so so damn excited!
Time to start doing the weekly lottery again. Fingers crossed, I'll put in a large amount if I win :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Yama » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: *sigh* Those stretchs goals are just...my GOD do I want all of those features in the game. The $6 million goal especially. Advanced FREE Battle? Bring it the fuck on, man. Gets me so excited. We can do it guys. The $6 million goal, I mean. $11 million though? Pffft. If only.

Possible if there is a PayPal post Kickstarter, imho. I think 6m is definitely an attainable Kickstarter goal though. I'm looking forward to hitting a comfortable mark when it's all said and done, I'd like to sit back and enjoy the road to Shenmue III finally... we deserve it. So let's do all we can now, it'll be worth it. Between the #30onthe3rd and the last few days, I think we'll hit that 6m.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby The Grrreat Chai » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 pm

In a way it's good they've posted these far off stretch goals now, rather than have backers or potential backers get complacent and think "Oh well we only need the $5million to fund everything additional".
The Grrreat Chai

Currently playing: Dragon Age II

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Yama wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: *sigh* Those stretchs goals are just...my GOD do I want all of those features in the game. The $6 million goal especially. Advanced FREE Battle? Bring it the fuck on, man. Gets me so excited. We can do it guys. The $6 million goal, I mean. $11 million though? Pffft. If only.

Possible if there is a PayPal post Kickstarter, imho. I think 6m is definitely an attainable Kickstarter goal though. I'm looking forward to hitting a comfortable mark when it's all said and done, I'd like to sit back and enjoy the road to Shenmue III finally... we deserve it. So let's do all we can now, it'll be worth it. Between the #30onthe3rd and the last few days, I think we'll hit that 6m.

They'd be foolish not to open it up to PayPal after the Kickstarter ends.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Supa
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Supa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Here's hoping! I can increase my pledge only by a little when I get back from my trip.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

They really should have got some more minor things in between the $5-$6 million area. Once $5 million is hit it's hard to get people excited by saying it's only $900k until our next stretch goal! Especially now when they're struggling to make $30k a day. At this rate it's even dragging between the current stretch goals that are only $500k apart. Even if it was shitty things like different jackets for Ryo in game having a stretch goal every 200k gives it a but more momentum. I see it getting no further then the Portuguese subtitles.

For people who know when Kickstarters add Paypal. Do they normally add the the total to the Kickstarter total for all too see? And games who carry on accepting afterwards can you still look at the total raised normally?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby redline » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:31 pm

they need to get it across to the average gamer that if you donate $29, your not only helping the game to get made your also getting the game its self.

but i would also agree with tones of members here, paypal is the way forward as sending money through kickstarter could be putting people off.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:43 am

I really do not think this kickstarter will gain any more steam. There is nothing to remind people about this crowd-funding campaign, or anything to draw in new people who do not know what shenmue is.

I bet if demos were released periodically, they will receive a continuous cash flow and may realistically hit that $11 mil goal.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates