Quick Timed Event to #SaveShenmue

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Quick Timed Event to #SaveShenmue

Postby Team Yu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:03 pm

This Wednesday, July 15th, will see a brand new campaign event in aid of promoting the Shenmue III Kickstarter.

The #SaveShenmue Quick Timed Event (QTE) offers a new twist on the social media blitz that assisted Shenmue's return, and will take only seconds for each fan to complete upon its synchronized worldwide launch. 14 participants, including the first ten, will also be entered into a prize raffle for added incentive.

Team Yu has received 6 thanks from: Axm, elfshadowreaper, Giorgio, johnvivant, Ryno4, Yama
Team Yu
Team Yu Staff
Team Yu Staff

Re: Quick Timed Event to #SaveShenmue

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Yes! Between this and #TheFinalBlow we are finally getting somewhere!
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Wednesday 15th July 2015

Just has to take place on a day when I have got shit to do.

Hoping the Lucky prize is somewhat significant.

HYPE.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:29 am

This is a fantastic idea, and I think it will turn out great if as many people as possible get involved.

Make sure you're all registered at Team Yu for this!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:13 pm

mue 26 wrote: This is a fantastic idea, and I think it will turn out great if as many people as possible get involved.

Make sure you're all registered at Team Yu for this!

Will the clicks be a sort of social media thunderclap?
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:05 pm

i just signed up on the Team Yu site with my twitter account and activated my auto-tweet. i also left a post in their campaign forum requesting some more details about the event, but it seems the forums are quite quiet. i suppose they want to make whatever is going to happen something of a surprise.

has anyone got any more info over and above whats detailed on the site?

edit;

James just replied back to my post;

'Hi John, welcome aboard!

The exact format of the QTE is being kept deliberately vague until that countdown reaches zero. What kind of QTE would it be if you were told in advance what to do? This is a test of your reactions under pressure. ;) Don't worry though, being new to Twitter shouldn't place you at any disadvantage, as it will all be done from that page with simple, clear instructions'

sounds super interesting, i hope everyone is doing this, it should be great fun!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Team Yu » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:16 pm

With the Shenmue III Kickstarter now raising over $4.8 million in pledges and well on its way to the next stretch goal before Friday's deadline, it's time to reveal the prize for this Wednesday's #SaveShenmue Quick Timed Event!

If you're donating $100 or more to fund Shenmue III, you'll already be seeing your name in the credits of the game. But what if you could add your best friend at no extra cost? Or the family member that introduced you to Shenmue all those years ago? Your names would be together forever, immortalized in the most significant video game sequel of our lifetimes.

That's what you're able to win this Wednesday. Two #SaveShenmue campaigners have sacrified their place in the credits to reward one lucky winner with this rare opportunity.

The first ten participants in the QTE, plus four random others, will be entered into a drawing for the prize. Details on how to participate are at TeamYu.net/QTE

Good luck to us all in what we hope will be a week that sees Shenmue III become the most funded video game in Kickstarter history. Thank you for all your support!

Team Yu has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Giorgio
Team Yu
Team Yu Staff
Team Yu Staff

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:45 pm

This didn't come off without a few hitches, but I feel it definitely served its purpose! Twitter was absolutely FLOODED with Shenmue related tweets for over an hour! :)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Return to News and Updates