SEGA COO Jurgen Post comments on Shenmue

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

SEGA COO Jurgen Post comments on Shenmue

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 am

"Shenmue tops every list of titles that people want to see revived"

At the recent Gamescom event in Cologne, the rockpapershotgun site had the opportunity to sit down with Sega Europe COO, Jurgen Post.

Thanks to board user "Kiske" for the find, Mr Post referenced Shenmue, in some very interesting comments about the future: http://imgur.com/ZwrCZuE.png

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... ore-392183

Could Shenmue HD remasters be announced before the year is out? We certainly will keep our fingers crossed!

Forum Discussion

Peter has received 6 thanks from: Axm, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357, Nankeiro, Raithos
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: SEGA COO Jurgen Post comments on Shenmue

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 am

Well, he's ofcourse being incredibly vague while at the same time acknowledging Shenmue is the highest demanded game to be "revived".
"We have more though and and we're constantly looking at them."

He's being so careful with his choice of words here. This is either;
"Ya ofcourse we are doing Shenmue and even more!"
or he's saying..
"Even though Shenmue is highly demanded we're still thinking about it, but we have other games we are actually working on so look forward to more SANIC!"

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:32 pm

This could be a *hint hint wink wink* kind of thing at best. But with Segas reputation even with him saying Shenmue and saying new versions of old games all in the same post, I still wouldnt put it past them that its not Shenmue at all. 1. Because Sega can just be inept to the fact they basically hinted at that this might have something to do with a Shenmue I and II HD announcement later this year when its actually not 2. They are just lazy ass holes that dont care they drop bombs like this and we ultimately end up with nothing. Not to sound too overly negative, because its still something and could very well be S1 and 2 HD, all I am saying is Segas reputation precedes them.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 pm

It's hard to decypher what is meant exactly as usual. My initial thoughts were a combination of the earlier posts. I thought, knowing Sega, this could just as well mean : "Yeah yeah, we know about that Shenmue game but here's what we're doing instead."
Though I actually think that it could be more meaningful this time. They did talk about licensing issues for remasters before which implies that they've done more than just think about it at least.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Monkei » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Well, "announcements towards the end of the year" fits with Playstation Experience being held in early December, so there's that. Shenmue I&II HD. Possibly.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby IrishNinja » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:01 pm

i mean, there's no way they didn't know the whole time, despite all the jeff gerstmann's out there trying to act like it was a very small/vocal minority. god, it was great seeing that narrative shot down with the kickstarter :heart:

Monkei wrote: Well, "announcements towards the end of the year" fits with Playstation Experience being held in early December, so there's that. Shenmue I&II HD. Possibly.

honestly, i've been saving a replay (especially for 2) forever now, and was ready after we found out that tragically low sales on Jet Set & NiGHTS HD kept us from seeing Shenmue & Skies HD ports...but at this point, i figure it's now or never.
IrishNinja
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: TheIrishNinja
XBL: The NZA 2099
Nintendo FC: IrishNinja
Steam: The NZA
Currently playing: Guardian Heroes

Postby dnlandi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:34 pm

lets hope sega will announce shenmue 1 and 2 hd at tokyo game show i believe this is the right time to do it it will create a hype prior the release of shenmue 3 and will also bring new gamers to the world of shenmue because there are a lot of people out there who didnt have the chance to play it on dreamcast or on xbox ...
dnlandi
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: dnikoles
XBL: dnikoles

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:21 am

Since no one's mentioned his newest comments in this thread yet, I'll link to the other one here.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Return to News and Updates