PhantomRiverStone: Ryo & Ren Video | AM2 Summer Festival

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

PhantomRiverStone: Ryo & Ren Video | AM2 Summer Festival

Postby Ziming » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Dojo contributor Switch has translated a old article about the AM2 Summer Festival from 2001 and a Shenmue movie extra that features Japanese voice actors Masaya Matsukaze (Ryo) & Takumi Hagiwara (Ren).

Read: Ryo/Ren in Shanghai | AM2 Summer Festival

Ziming has received 2 thanks from: AM2, Axm
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Re: PhantomRiverStone: Ryo & Ren Video | AM2 Summer Festival

Postby Ziming » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:54 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby AM2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:51 am

Anybody noticed the sweater Yu's wearing got the Hazuki family crest embroided onto it :) ?
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Life

Postby Switch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:05 am

AM2 wrote: Anybody noticed the sweater Yu's wearing got the Hazuki family crest embroided onto it :) ?

Nice catch! Didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Interested to know if people find the video amusing, or too over the top?
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am

Switch wrote:Interested to know if people find the video amusing, or too over the top?

Good job, as always, Switch-san! Those fast nonsense conversations must have given you headaches.
It's a shame they wrote "2000" instead of "2001" as the year. Also, I wonder why Dou Niu's narration which was heard at the event had been removed from the final product. :???:

Anyway, that slapstick video gave the audience an explosive laugh at the festival. Good old days...

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: Switch
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Switch » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Kiyuu wrote:Good job, as always, Switch-san! Those fast nonsense conversations must have given you headaches.
It's a shame they wrote "2000" instead of "2001" as the year. Also, I wonder why Dou Niu's narration which was heard at the event had been removed from the final product. :???:

Anyway, that slapstick video gave the audience an explosive laugh at the festival. Good old days...

I can imagine how fun it must have been to watch it at the event. The energy and craziness of the video is great, and the two actors really have a good rapport. My favorite part is where Ren at last gets fed up and storms off the screen, only to change his mind and come back again to continue.

So the year "2000" was just a pure mistake, wasn't it - seems like it would have been easy to notice though. And I had been wondering about why Dou Niu was given credit in the video - so he did some live narration at the event? I thought he might perhaps have been the voice of the interviewer or something as well.

And thank you for your help in getting those names correct in the credits section!
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kiyuu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:07 am

Switch wrote: I can imagine how fun it must have been to watch it at the event. The energy and craziness of the video is great, and the two actors really have a good rapport.

It really was fun. They could succeed as a "Manzai (comic dialogist) duo," don't you think? :lol:

Switch wrote:So the year "2000" was just a pure mistake, wasn't it - seems like it would have been easy to notice though.

Indeed. They must have been so rushed and didn't take much time to proofread, I guess.

Switch wrote:And I had been wondering about why Dou Niu was given credit in the video - so he did some live narration at the event? I thought he might perhaps have been the voice of the interviewer or something as well.

As you see, his name appears on the same screen with "First, please view this" caption, right after the introduction. I believe he started giving narration there. I don't remember how often he narrated in the video unfortunately, as the event was the only chance when I heard his narration. The interviewer should be Hagiwara-san, though he may sound a bit different; too serious for him.

Switch wrote:And thank you for your help in getting those names correct in the credits section!

It's my pleasure to help with your devoted work. Thank you for your immediate correction!

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: Switch
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Return to News and Updates