New Dojo Forums

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: New Dojo Forums

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Never asked you to explain it someone asked for it and I added my two cents. I still think it was nice to be able to it yourself.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yama » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Never asked you to explain it someone asked for it and I added my two cents. I still think it was nice to be able to it yourself.

Either way, it's still there and one of us are always around. Shouldn't be a big deal. :nice!:
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

No use fighting about something pretty trivial.
I have already changed a couple via PM.
Only reason i would see someone making a fuss about such things is some one who would abuse it and Riku you changed yours once so not sure why you feel the need to argue about it.
:|
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Actually before I was Riku I was something horribley noobish.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Ryudo wrote:No use fighting about something pretty trivial.
Only reason i would see someone making a fuss about such things is some one who would abuse it and Riku you changed yours once so not sure why you feel the need to argue about it.

By fighting, I'm guessing you mean fighting with himself. The entire team has done nothing but tend to everyones needs, including his.

Yet he's been here leading the pack with something to say literally about everything. To the point where it is not beneficial one bit, but simply annoying.

I've redone the site. Forum. Tended to a ton of change logs. Yet he's still here, constantly up front with something to say. You aren't adding anything Riku, at this point you are more or less de-railing solid effort.

Add something to the site, then talk. Otherwise enjoy what you have based on other peoples hard efforts.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 pm

I thought that this section of the forum was made so people can give their two cents on how to improve the place? Yes you've done a good job with the paint job and no one is taking that away from you. It just seems you get a bit annoyed when people have a different view to you on certain subjects. Whenever someone requests something you seem to be insulted and bring up the fact you re-did the forums I thought all you wanted was a like thumbs up to say thank you?

And what pack am I leading? I just voice my opinions more then overs so I'm this anti-goverment leader? And I wouldn't say I'm fighting just syaing how I think the site can be improved (What this section was made for). Others have voiced how they think certain people shouldn't be mods of a site they never came on before two weeks ago I wasn't with them there. Although I agree it's a strange choice I said we should wait and then judge. Although Shendream has already pissed some off from the people I have talked to (Who can name themselves).

At the end of the day I've just been doing what this section of the forum is for and nothing else. I think the direction the site is going will drive away more then it will attract. Again well done the forum looks great but don't act ticked off because someone wants a different feature to you.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Riku Rose wrote: the direction the site is going will drive away more then it will attract.

It already brought back how many vets? It went from 120 to 800 online at one time? It went from 3-5 members usually on to 100+ average? It has been on various sites, getting praise and love. Sorry, but that gets a big N-O. Because two or three people, you being one of them, can't say fuck every two seconds we may loose you. However the people that still love the franchise are either coming back or visitng for the first time all over again.

Posting things you'd like to see is fine; fixes, improvements, etc. However you constantly come in threads and defy more or less every decision, even after various mods enforce it. Even when members are fine and relaxed, you still have something to say in regards to the decision. I was warned of this behavior by multiple mods before re-opening, now I see why. There is helping and then there is nit picking. Preference is preference, you can't please everybody. Yet you seem to want everything your way. And say what you want about the section, the site was made a few days ago. Compare an entire site and the amount of work to icon placement, username color, etc. Some things really aren't all that important in the scheme of things. Yet we've tried so hard to comply and fix even those, yet you constantly have something to add - negatively too, not in a positive manner.

As for being offended, far from it. We've done nothing but tend to everyones requests, happily. You however always have something to say, to the point of the smallest thing when we're working on so much - for everyone. I'm not looking for a thumbs up, what I am asking you to do however is look at the big picture. Big difference.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Mr. Rod » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Riku, I see where you are coming from but like Yama has said the attitude perceived in your posts kind of de-rails our efforts. We have brought you an updated Dojo and tried to keep the features the forums had (as much as phpBB3 allows us) but your latest posts are starting to get nit-picking. Small details like the new post icon for example, which LawXiu firmly believes is SO easy to do, annoy. We get you want to keep things familiar, but keep in mind this is a new forum enviroment not simply an upgrade. I can speak for myself and tell you I've been working on the forums since I got the invitation and I'm happy to fulfill your requests if possible, but come on what about the bigger picture? Don't stick with small details only.
Mr. Rod
Mr. Fishing Rod
Shenmue Dojo Coder

PSN: Mister_RROD
XBL: Mister RROD

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Yama wrote:
Ryudo wrote:No use fighting about something pretty trivial.

By fighting, I'm guessing you mean fighting with himself. The entire team has done nothing but tend to everyones needs, including his.

Yet he's been here leading the pack with something to say literally about everything. To the point where it is not beneficial one bit, but simply annoying.

I've redone the site. Forum. Tended to a ton of change logs. Yet he's still here, constantly up front with something to say. You aren't adding anything Riku, at this point you are more or less de-railing solid effort.

Add something to the site, then talk. Otherwise enjoy what you have based on other peoples hard efforts.

Yeah I meant Riku fighting about trivial things.
========================================================================
@Riku I have to agree with the others here you are even giving me a headache with all this.
Just can it. Simply Shut up. You are sounding like one of my Russian in laws and that is all they do is bitch and moan how everything is wrong.

Want a picture ok then here.

Riku.
Verbal warning. For the time being I don't want you posting in the website discussion forum for a little while.
You have not been helping at all. I don't want to but if necessary I will issue you your first warning.

No loop holes like trying to make a topic about nit pics in other forums or posting about it in other existing topics or abusing PMs with such things either.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Does Riku get a boot to the head yet?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 pm

^ Very close to it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Supa » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 am

Riku Rose wrote:Didn't need new rules the old rules were fine. And you rule broke by just spamming.

Yes, and I'm positive that no other member here is guilty of that, it is just me.

Give it a rest, already.

Henry Spencer wrote:
Supa wrote:The place was great but it just didn't age that well, especially the forum...it needed an update really badly, and also some new rules to put some of us in place, at least we have that now.

*looks at signature*
Indeed. :lol:

Hey, this sig is awesome!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 am

I say snip snip.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:43 am

Kenny™© wrote:I say snip snip.

Why did that post remind me of wizard of oz?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:33 am

The warning was a bit harsh when Yama and Mr Rod had already given him a telling off. Quite unfair actually, seen a lot worse.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo