Shenmuedojo.net doesn't work according to Shenmue wiki user

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Shenmuedojo.net doesn't work according to Shenmue wiki user

Postby Ziming » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:24 am

I tried adding links to Shenmue Dojo on the Shenmue 1 and 2 wikipedia pages. Apparantely they were removed because according to them http://www.shenmuedojo.net/ doesn't work. They sent me the following message after they removed the links.

-----------------------------------------------------------
July 2010

Please stop adding links to Shenmue Dojo on Wikipedia. The link is dead and leads to the page of a web hosting service named Bluehost. You would do well to check whether links actually work before you add them to articles.--Atlan (talk) 13:39, 6 July 2010 (UTC)

you would do well to check this yourself, I checked the link not seconds before i posted it. So cleardly you just have a personal issue with this —Preceding unsigned comment added by 78.147.148.167 (talk) 14:26, 6 July 2010 (UTC)

Indeed. My personal issue is that the link is dead and doesn't lead to Shenmue Dojo. Unless of course bluehost.com is the new Shenmue Dojo, in which case I stand corrected. Bluehost.com is completely irrelevant to Shenmue though, so don't add it to Shenmue articles.--Atlan (talk) 14:44, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Re: Shenmuedojo.net doesn't work according to Shenmue wiki u

Postby Yama » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:39 am

Seems to work for all 800+ people who were on the forum the other day, perhaps he should clear out that crowded cache. Or, maybe he is linking to pages that no longer exist within the website. Who knows. Sites up and running, obviously. A ton of sources are linking to us just fine.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr. Rod » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Sometimes that can happen, but it's extremely rare since the DNS propagation (worldwide) takes at most 72 hours, and the Bluehost account has been active since last week. I call BS.
Mr. Rod
Mr. Fishing Rod
Shenmue Dojo Coder

PSN: Mister_RROD
XBL: Mister RROD

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Well I've put it on with no problems.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yama » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:33 pm

From Zim:

"Adding external links to an article or user page for the purpose of promoting a website or a product is not allowed, and is considered to be spam. Although the specific links may be allowed under some circumstances, repeatedly adding links will in most cases result in all of them being removed." -wikipedia rules-

Going to lock instead of delete, for reference. That was the issue however.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Return to Shenmue Dojo